New database error discussion thread

@Frunkster - It would be a shame if you stopped doing this. I rely heavily on the notes as SFT doesn’t work for me. My taste buds are shot & when I do it, they never taste the same as people are reporting in the notes. Your notes are really good…

5 Likes

I’ll carry on doing it 8062282, will actually get those new SSA’s put on shortly, it’s just infuriating that useful notes are being lost for seemingly no good reason, the amount of flavours already in my stash now showing as invalid (which all have detailed notes) is shocking, just really deflates the enthusiasm for it.

I know Ken & Dan are working on this (I think?) but I find the total lack of input on this thread from either of them more than a little concerning.

5 Likes

So here we go again (Urgh), as per my last post above, I have just been on to add notes to the newest SSA flavours I have tested, there were a total of 18 I had been sent directly from the manufacturer, I had already added all 18 of these to my stash, but on going to enter the notes in for each I find that all of the below ones had simply vanished from my stash -

Coconut Cream
Burnt Tobacco
Vanilla Tobacco
Butter Biscuit
Red Velvet Tobacco
Tobacco American

I was already wondering if a portion of my stash was missing previously, but obviously nothing to go on/confirm this, this obviously now confirms that not only are flavours being merged from the DB but are also simply being removed altogether (sigh).

I sure hope we can return to some kind of mixing normality going forward as this is just lunacy.

EDIT - I am happy to provide images of the bottles with SSA labeling on them to confirm these are direct from the manufacturer & that they exist, even if they are not on general release yet, surely we should be able to add them to the DB with notes???

5 Likes

I just looked at mine and Cereal 27 is gone also.
No sweat off my butt though.
I have all my flavors printed out along with my recipes.

4 Likes

I’m using the notepad feature to keep a total of my flavors…
If the number changes I know somethings up, although if a flavor is merged with something you don’t have the number will stay the same, so it’s hard to keep up with alot of the merges .

6 Likes

@Frunkster nothing gets my COMPLETE attention more than …

useful notes are being lost for seemingly no good reason

I’ve been trying to BITE my tongue on this for a while, and watching to see what is going to get fixed. Luckily for me (well NOT luck at all, all from my efforts), I have my notes on the forums here, the VC, Vaping Underground, ECF, Reddit, and more, so even IF they get fragged out from the flavor list, they COULD be rebuilt, BUT, I’ve already spent the time, and don’t know if I have the time to do them ALL over again.

4 Likes

Well, doesn’t everyone have the ability to change Dupes? I was given the link for the page years ago but figured it was public access

2 Likes

There is a page where you can report duplicated, but only reporting them, not merging.

5 Likes

If you created a csv file of your flavors, the notes you already created for each flavor is included in the file.
@Rocky02852 just a total’s no good. BUT if you send me a csv of your flavor stash daily, I can tell you exactly what’s changed day 2 day.

unix/linux diff command just in case anyone’s wondering.

5 Likes

Sounds like you know what you are doing big-vape, I’m that I.T illiterate I don’t even know what a csv file is

5 Likes

Lucky you Pastor. :+1: But ya gotta admit 40,000 affected recipes is just a tiny bit more than ‘some bumps’ in the road :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Ken and TZ decided to fuck with people before they quit because Lars took away their 5% coupon code(s)

2 Likes

eh, when you look at the big picture and think 39k of those 40k are probably untested with no notes whatsoever…

4 Likes

ELR Discord

its 2022 folks, discord is where its at… you can come in and gripe about how bad this flavor merge sucks, talk about vaping, talk about recipes, whatever you want !

3 Likes

@Frunkster it means Comma Separated Values. A plain text file where the values are (you guessed it), separated by commas. You can view numerous ways, using Excel, Word, etc.

I HIGHLY recommend backing up your work.

4 Likes

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on Discord, JOEL happens !!!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

He’s a sexy thing isn’t he ?
Probably only wearing the hat and chaps too !

4 Likes

Thanks SD, I do have everything backed up already in documents, they are not as easy to navigate though, thankfully big_vapes has kindly offered some assistance =)

7 Likes

I have a 100% cast iron solution to this rather time consuming, irritating mess. Take their access off them so they can’t cause anymore damage!!

4 Likes

Who ever created the site( we know who) needs to code it so no new flavors can be added and have only admins enter new flavors. This is becoming a headache. I understand everyone was trying to better the site but its a losing battle. Stop merging stop correcting and just scrap the whole process. Evrytime think you guys a taken a step forward you are just moving 5 steps back. Stop tormenting yourselves and just let it go until the site is coded to stop everyone and their mother just messing the database up. I commend you all for the try at it but you need to know when it a lost cause. More damage is being done then needs be.

6 Likes