NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Just barely off of perfect sounds pretty perfect to me (is there really a perfect coffee concentrate anyways :man_shrugging:)
Sounds right up my ally, can’t wait to try this one! :+1:

5 Likes

Yes , Gamma is going to be typically used in creams/custards/cheesecakes not cookies’ graham/shortbresd etc…With that being said you would be amazed at how many different compounds are use for similar taste…Or what really blew my mind was when i seen Vanillin in SDS from one company than another company listed 4-hydroksy-3metoksybenzaldehyde aka Vanillin lol

7 Likes

Fantastic notes, super happy you decided to share this with everyone. Keep it up :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Rum (Brown) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (2-13-24) – Getting into this one, for my mixing mentor @Mikser. Tasting this one in the bottle was SPOT ON, for a Darker Rum. Testing it, it seemed to loose a little in translation. I tried to boost and cut it, and it stayed roughly the same, so there are no “official” other percentages. The initial onrush was very good, and had a slight sweet undertone, but there was no mistaking it was a dark rum. No real spicy-ness to speak of, so no Captain Morgan here folks. I think I was MISLED into thinking that because of the slight sweetness, but no spice, just dark(er) rum. After the initial onrush however, it kind of faded out. I kept comparing it to what I tasted on the finger, and was wishing that was how it presented when testing. It was so accurate on spot on, off the finger it was scary, and I couldn’t pick out anything off, or out of place. About my only nitpick would be the fairly rapid “decoupling” after the initial onrush. Again, flavor wise, it was a very accurate, natural tasting rum which leaned completely into the “dark” side, with far below mid-level, but still present sweetness. Great, but just lost some in the translation. It felt fair to still place this one at an 8.0/10.

10 Likes

Seeing as though you are the “Coffee Guy” @Rocky02852 will be interested to hear what you think. I didn’t have time to directly compare it to my Stixx Mixx extracts, but it was still a wow-zer.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Svensken. There is a lot more where that came from …

5 Likes

Hehe, I hate it when they do that, as it can work to “confuse” things…

2 Likes

I know right I used to really like GC now I don’t know if I do anymore. The power of suggestion might cause me to taste coconut notes in every GC I use now.

3 Likes

Hehe, well I don’t want to do that, BUT, I always feel obligated to report EVERYTHING that I get, good, bad, indifferent, etc. I DO also, always love it when OTHER people chime in. In the example of the Graham Cracker, I got a persistent coconut, and @STR8V8PING did not. He actually didn’t even get a coconut from Flavor West’s either, so it’s important to get as many reviews as we can, because not all of us taste the same things.

3 Likes

Well from MY experience, NO coco in CAP’s, TPA’s, and/or RFSC’s.

2 Likes

I don’t always use GC, though when I do it’s from RFSC. LoL

6 Likes

4 Likes

Still gotta try the rfsc graham. I dont plan on ordering from diyejuice anytime soon though

3 Likes

I don’t get any coconut from FW either, or from TPA GCC. I do however get coconut from INW YWCC which is overpowering for me. Otherwise, all the other biscuits etc seem ok for my tastes.

3 Likes

hello just paste the flavors! but the homepage in moment not
sorry for my bad English

3 Likes

Banana (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (2-16-24) – I have to admit when mixing this one up, I was anxious to try it out, as it smelled really good in the bottle. Testing it proved exactly the same !!! This one surprised me as it was actually fairly complex, with a lot of different nuances/notes to it. It had some green, and more yellow banana(s), but not browned, or overly ripe. I think the first TWO thoughts I had were, “Fresh”, and “Mashed”. Throughout the testers, I almost got hints of a light banana liquor mixed in. At 1.5% it was nicely full, and sweetness was just below mid-level. While def. not a banana cream, it had a creamy-ness to it that was hard to explain. Not sharp, but as creamy as you could get without being a banana cream. Tasty, fresh, and a def. mashup (LOL), of some green, more yellow fresh bananas, with a somewhat creamy texture, and hints of banana liquor. Overall it tasted very natural, with no runts, and only slightly artificial. This one will be VERY easy to use, and mix with. With no off-notes, complaints, or “wishes”, leaving this complexified banana at a high 9.8/10.

16 Likes

Call me excited. The question is do we need them both, Banana and Banana Flambe?
(since i assume that one will be even better; French know how to work with bananas; SA is the best on the market, but that might change now; fingers crossed)

7 Likes

@Mikser that remains to be seen, errrrr, tasted. Maybe I’m too picky with bananas, maybe not, but I’ve got a narrow window which appeal to me, at least in regards to a straight natural banana. Creams, and runtz are different. I actually really liked the “mashup” of NomNomz banana, which really opened up it’s possible uses, with some green, yellow, and hints of liquor. I’m testing the NomNomz Dark Chocolate now, and I am FIGHTING THE URGE, to mix up the Banana, Dark Chocolate, and the Biscuit (Graham Cracker) right now !!!

I have TOO many flavors waiting, so NO fun time for me, for the next lil’ while.

6 Likes

Chocolate (Dark) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (2-17-24) – Starting out the new Chocolates with this one. From the start this one was def. a Dark Chocolate, with no confusion. It was in the ballpark of TPA’s DCC, but a little bit darker, and better. At 1.5% it was perfectly full with no need to increase. No band aids, rubber bands or any overt off-notes, which is always a risk with chocos. There were some VERY slight bitter, and dry notes, but I am not taking off for them, as they added to the authenticity of an actual dark choco, and were not intrusive. It wasn’t quite as rich as say, MF’s DC, but it held it’s own pretty damned good. No mid, light, or milk chocolate notes in this one, just mid-dark, and dark notes. While not really creamy, and nowhere near a Milk Chocolate, there was a certain smooth-ness to this one, but just a bit, and it worked well here, and kept it interesting. Somewhat complex, and was good enough to run solo, but clearly you could temper this into a few different chocos if needed. All in, a very respectable Dark Chocolate that stayed true to it’s darkness, with slight bitter and dry notes that tasted like a mix of natural / artificial. With little to no take-offs, or complaints and true to it’s name, leaving this one high at a 9.1/10.

14 Likes

Custard Cake (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (2-17-24) – I knew I was going to cut this one in the line, and couldn’t wait any longer. In a nutshell this one was a BANGING flavor. Period, hands down, full stop. BUT, hehe, there was a but. The “buts” were that I only got some cake from it, and not a lot of custard from it. BUT, what I did get was a mashup of a light Yellow Cake, Biscuit, Graham Cracker, and either a Cream or possibly a light Vanilla Pudding. YEAH, that’s what I got. This one (like a previously tested flavor) was similar in style to Lucky Shot, in so much that it was a bakery mashup, with a TON of uses.

The yellow cake was lighter in the mix, but did have some baking soda notes (excellent), the biscuit favored JF’s Biscuit, with hints of INW Biscuit, the Graham Cracker was just an approximation with no direct comparison, and then the Custard (Cream ?). It was clearly in there, fattening up the mix and adding a creamy smoothness, but I never got an overt “Custard” from it. Maybe a cream, maybe a light vanilla pudding. Now maybe I am/was looking at this wrong as a cake smothered in Custard, as opposed to a yellow cake with custard baked in ?? Either way, I’ll knock it down a point, but ONLY a point just for the custard confusion, but it was too damned delicious to deduct any more. On flavor alone, I WOULD release the Kraken for a 10/10, BUT, with the slight “where’s da custard” I’ll reluctantly place this at 9.0/10. Almost a one-shot, big bottle approved, TONS of uses.

14 Likes