New Recipe Showcase 2019

6 Likes

@Howard_Hughes Both your Banana Nut Bread and your Blackberry Crumble sound amazing… of course I’m missing flavors for both, but they’re in my BTF/Nic River cart on my next order. Looks good, sir!

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. While I like them both, the Banana Nut Bread is probably the better of the two. It is very accurate-tasting & really surprised me with how much I like it, as I really don’t care for BNB in food form! It DOES need about 3 1/2 weeks of steep time for the banana to slide back & the bread to come forward, but is well worth it. Let me know how they work out for you!

7 Likes

I made public a few more too… might want to dig thru, perhaps.

6 Likes

Anyone like Dessert recipes. Try this one. Honestly I’m proud of it. It tastes like the original IMO

6 Likes
6 Likes

I’ve been mixing for a month now and finally have a recipe I’d like to share.
Oddly enough, this is from about 22 recipes I produced in a wild frenzy to get started, and 21 of them are basically garbage. But this one…
I wanted to make a pipe tobacco reminiscent of my dad’s pipe smoking phase back in the 70’s, undoubtedly an attempt as a church going man to cease smoking cigarettes and appear more socially acceptable.
I wanted to capture the notes I remembered, deep berry flavors and tobacco, not combusted tobacco but the flavors I smelled when I would sneak to his stash and take whiffs of his tobacco pouch full of nutty and rich fruity notes.
I mixed this seperately with both apricot and black cherry, leaving the other flavors the same.
I prefer the black cherry.
I liked this when I tasted it at 5 days in, but as time went on, the blueberry held its own and the tobacco notes only became more rich and deep.
I think what I’m enjoying is the black honey with its light smokey essence
I thought I might like it with less black cherry, and wanted to add some Vanilla Shisha from Inawera once I discovered it, and once added an SFT of caramel cream (to a tank) from LNW that was nice, and have several versions on the steep, but have come to realize that this is a delicious tobacco base that can go many directions and will be a staple in my arsenal of flavors.
If I come up with something better I will share, and I welcome any and all who would like to tinker with this and share, but this is the first recipe I came up with on my own for which I am truly proud.

I think if you were to pull the black cherry and insert your favorite flavor at the same % it could prove successful.
But please try this.

And let me know what you think.

5 Likes

Your Inawera should be Caramel Creme Inawera (can’t find it actually) and Black Cherry for Pipe Inawera

Edit: Not sure about the Caramel Cream, I don’t even see it on the Inawera site, are you sure it’s just that?

2 Likes

Oops!
Its LNW

3 Likes

Yeah, I just read the full description, sorry

2 Likes

My bad, when I read lnw it looks like Inawera to me.
I should put it as LNW.

4 Likes

Look at you getting your mixing on …congrats its always a good feeling to have a recipe your proud of .

4 Likes

Thanks to admin for moving me to the right place.
And not scolding me.
I spend a lot of time here and continue to learn.
New recipe showcase!
Who knew?!

6 Likes
6 Likes

Looks good Joel!

3 Likes

Thanks Rob, I’m I’m waiting on a restock of flavours and I need that granola

4 Likes

Right off the mixer its a tad harsh butbthe taste is good …The Amoretti flavor is an alcohol based concentrate so time is needed …

4 Likes

Does that granola come through strong or is it more of a back note?

2 Likes

Picked the percentage solely on notes and suggestions, I wanted the lemon to be at the front and hopefully just a hit of the nutty granola at the end… I used Milk and Honey to boost the creaminess of it and add sweetness and authenticity to the granola.

4 Likes

Well, finally a recipe that I’m happy about. It’s nothing special, but I like it, I think it’s balanced, it stands the test of time well. A simple strawberry cookie. I have not yet discovered the secrets of the mixture, the layers of flavor, as you say … I would appreciate comments and criticism, before making it public, I do not like to fill the database with poops …

8 Likes