New Recipe Showcase 2019

@Howard_Hughes Both your Banana Nut Bread and your Blackberry Crumble sound amazing… of course I’m missing flavors for both, but they’re in my BTF/Nic River cart on my next order. Looks good, sir!

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. While I like them both, the Banana Nut Bread is probably the better of the two. It is very accurate-tasting & really surprised me with how much I like it, as I really don’t care for BNB in food form! It DOES need about 3 1/2 weeks of steep time for the banana to slide back & the bread to come forward, but is well worth it. Let me know how they work out for you!

7 Likes

I made public a few more too… might want to dig thru, perhaps.

6 Likes

Anyone like Dessert recipes. Try this one. Honestly I’m proud of it. It tastes like the original IMO

6 Likes
6 Likes

I’ve been mixing for a month now and finally have a recipe I’d like to share.
Oddly enough, this is from about 22 recipes I produced in a wild frenzy to get started, and 21 of them are basically garbage. But this one…
I wanted to make a pipe tobacco reminiscent of my dad’s pipe smoking phase back in the 70’s, undoubtedly an attempt as a church going man to cease smoking cigarettes and appear more socially acceptable.
I wanted to capture the notes I remembered, deep berry flavors and tobacco, not combusted tobacco but the flavors I smelled when I would sneak to his stash and take whiffs of his tobacco pouch full of nutty and rich fruity notes.
I mixed this seperately with both apricot and black cherry, leaving the other flavors the same.
I prefer the black cherry.
I liked this when I tasted it at 5 days in, but as time went on, the blueberry held its own and the tobacco notes only became more rich and deep.
I think what I’m enjoying is the black honey with its light smokey essence
I thought I might like it with less black cherry, and wanted to add some Vanilla Shisha from Inawera once I discovered it, and once added an SFT of caramel cream (to a tank) from LNW that was nice, and have several versions on the steep, but have come to realize that this is a delicious tobacco base that can go many directions and will be a staple in my arsenal of flavors.
If I come up with something better I will share, and I welcome any and all who would like to tinker with this and share, but this is the first recipe I came up with on my own for which I am truly proud.

I think if you were to pull the black cherry and insert your favorite flavor at the same % it could prove successful.
But please try this.

And let me know what you think.

5 Likes

Your Inawera should be Caramel Creme Inawera (can’t find it actually) and Black Cherry for Pipe Inawera

Edit: Not sure about the Caramel Cream, I don’t even see it on the Inawera site, are you sure it’s just that?

2 Likes

Oops!
Its LNW

3 Likes

Yeah, I just read the full description, sorry

2 Likes

My bad, when I read lnw it looks like Inawera to me.
I should put it as LNW.

4 Likes

Look at you getting your mixing on …congrats its always a good feeling to have a recipe your proud of .

4 Likes

Thanks to admin for moving me to the right place.
And not scolding me.
I spend a lot of time here and continue to learn.
New recipe showcase!
Who knew?!

6 Likes
6 Likes

Looks good Joel!

3 Likes

Thanks Rob, I’m I’m waiting on a restock of flavours and I need that granola

4 Likes

Right off the mixer its a tad harsh butbthe taste is good …The Amoretti flavor is an alcohol based concentrate so time is needed …

4 Likes

Does that granola come through strong or is it more of a back note?

2 Likes

Picked the percentage solely on notes and suggestions, I wanted the lemon to be at the front and hopefully just a hit of the nutty granola at the end… I used Milk and Honey to boost the creaminess of it and add sweetness and authenticity to the granola.

4 Likes

Well, finally a recipe that I’m happy about. It’s nothing special, but I like it, I think it’s balanced, it stands the test of time well. A simple strawberry cookie. I have not yet discovered the secrets of the mixture, the layers of flavor, as you say … I would appreciate comments and criticism, before making it public, I do not like to fill the database with poops …

8 Likes

May I ask about the dairy milk? If you already use the sweet cream capella, IMHO, you dont need to use it anymore because you aimed this recipe as cookie recipe. Maybe increase the sweet cream capella to 1.5% (no more than 2% for me, though. It became weird) and take out dairy altogether?

4 Likes