New to diy, base flavors that are a must have?

Thanks Gus I had to give up the computer for the kids … Very sorry FA Flavour Art TFA/TPA The Flavors Apprentice

5 Likes

I think you mix Capella Sugar cookie with anything and it turns out great LOL … okay maybe not ANYTHING but it really is a fantastic flavor, that and Vanilla Custard if I get close to running out I will run out of the house screaming (actually I’ll just order more but you get the meaning)

8 Likes

Here is a basic tobacco that you can add just about anything to change it to your liking, or just to change it up some.

Western (Cowboy) - The Flavor/Perfumer’s Apprentice

Welcome @torch100 :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Smooth Vanilla (Flavorah)

6 Likes

Is the vanilla tobacco you like really creamy and rich? It will really help us to help you if you tell us what you taste when you vape the juices you like, not just what they say they are.

I’ve tried alot of marshmallow flavors, FA is kinda like a dry marshmallow a little, TFA is mediocre as a base marshmallow but great in mixes as a sweetener, I think purilum marshmallow is the closest to tasting like the kind of mallow you would roast over a fire.

as far as the toasted note goes tfa toasted marshmallow is really good but I can’t vape it, for some reason it irritates my throat:( Any marshmallow will need a little help, OOO powdered sugar and INW shisha vanilla work well at low % to help make it more authentic, FA meringue too.

8 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to view:

As for Marshmallow, could look at:

6 Likes

TPA - Vanilla Swirl, Toasted marshmallow, Bavarian Cream, Banana bread, Marshmallow, Vanilla bean ice cream.

Flavorah - Red Burley, Cured Tobacco, Virginia Blend, Kentucky blend, Native tobacco.

Capella - Super Sweet

4 Likes

Thank you. This is amazing. Everyone is super helpful here. I pulled the trigger and ordered my kit and hopefully the learning curve won’t be too bad. Cheers.

6 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Flavors like these have health warnings on them. While they’re really appreciated in large parts of the DIY community, it is wise to read up and understand what they mean. Then take an educated decision whether you want to vape them or not.
A lot of flavors are naturally sweet and don’t need anything added to them and for the ones that do, there are sweeteners that are safe[r] to vape. Please do read a lot and educate yourself. There is a ton of information in this forum and some more on the rest of the web.

2 Likes

Over exaggerated warning.

2 Likes

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I did say it’s a flavor that is appreciated by the wider community. I just wanted to make clear to newbies that not all concentrates are good to vape. Inform yourself and then take an educated decision.
I myself opted to not use any *ose in my juices. There are alternatives and I don’t miss it. And if it’s not needed in a juice, why would you vape it and take a risk anyway?
But again, to each his own. People still vape FW Yellow Cake too. It won’t keep me awake at night :wink:

5 Likes

They make DX versions without the warnings also. :+1:
Also TPA - RY4 Double
I vape fruit flavours myself for which I recommend Inawera for all except banana, blueberry, & raspberry for which I recommend Molinberry or Loranns.

3 Likes

I’d say it’s most people’s opinion.
I heard on the radio that Propylene Glycol is a petroleum product and is therefore equivalent to vaping gasoline or motor oil…
Over exaggerated health warnings.

3 Likes

Well they got it half right but last time i tried to run my car on it it wouldn’t start for some reason.

9 Likes

Actually, I would strongly disagree with that. Sugars in tobacco product are really bad and likely a major part of carcinogenic potential of smoked tobacco.
Sugars in eliquid are less so due to lower heating, in my opinion, but are still one of the nastiest things you can have in juice. When things like Stevia and flv sweetness are present and do not present the caramelisation issue, I think dumping super sweet is one of the easiest decision to make.

5 Likes

Base flavors, ehhhh ?? Hmmmm…

CAP VC, Sugar Cookie, Graham Cracker, Lemon Mergine Pie, Sweet SB
FA Butter, Milk, Apple Pie, Caramel, Meringue, Marshmallow, Apricot, Forrest Fruit, Vienna Cream
TPA SB Ripe, Cheesecake Graham Crust, Bavarian Cream, Toasted MM
FLV Rich Cinnamon, Cream, Sweet Cream, Smooth Vanilla
FW Hazelnut, Cinnamon Roll, Blueberry, Yellow Cake
INW Biscuit, Pineapple, Shisha SB
LB Vanilla Ice Cream
RF SC French Toast, SB Milkshake
JF Honey Peach, Cocoa
Medicine Flower Dark Chocolate, Lemon, Honeydew Melon, Fig, Wild Raspberry, Cantaloupe

3 Likes

… Until they find a way to raise the melting point of Sucralose. Flv sweetness has Sucralose and stevia. Stevia tastes like earwax with sugar to me. To each their own but I would not be in DIY without Sucralose.

5 Likes

Not sure where you’re getting your information. But it’s not 100% accurate.

If anyone here would know, she would.
No idea if she’ll be able to speak to the sucralose though.

5 Likes

6 Likes