New to diy, base flavors that are a must have?

Thank you. This is amazing. Everyone is super helpful here. I pulled the trigger and ordered my kit and hopefully the learning curve won’t be too bad. Cheers.

6 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Flavors like these have health warnings on them. While they’re really appreciated in large parts of the DIY community, it is wise to read up and understand what they mean. Then take an educated decision whether you want to vape them or not.
A lot of flavors are naturally sweet and don’t need anything added to them and for the ones that do, there are sweeteners that are safe[r] to vape. Please do read a lot and educate yourself. There is a ton of information in this forum and some more on the rest of the web.

2 Likes

Over exaggerated warning.

2 Likes

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I did say it’s a flavor that is appreciated by the wider community. I just wanted to make clear to newbies that not all concentrates are good to vape. Inform yourself and then take an educated decision.
I myself opted to not use any *ose in my juices. There are alternatives and I don’t miss it. And if it’s not needed in a juice, why would you vape it and take a risk anyway?
But again, to each his own. People still vape FW Yellow Cake too. It won’t keep me awake at night :wink:

5 Likes

They make DX versions without the warnings also. :+1:
Also TPA - RY4 Double
I vape fruit flavours myself for which I recommend Inawera for all except banana, blueberry, & raspberry for which I recommend Molinberry or Loranns.

3 Likes

I’d say it’s most people’s opinion.
I heard on the radio that Propylene Glycol is a petroleum product and is therefore equivalent to vaping gasoline or motor oil…
Over exaggerated health warnings.

3 Likes

Well they got it half right but last time i tried to run my car on it it wouldn’t start for some reason.

9 Likes

Actually, I would strongly disagree with that. Sugars in tobacco product are really bad and likely a major part of carcinogenic potential of smoked tobacco.
Sugars in eliquid are less so due to lower heating, in my opinion, but are still one of the nastiest things you can have in juice. When things like Stevia and flv sweetness are present and do not present the caramelisation issue, I think dumping super sweet is one of the easiest decision to make.

5 Likes

Base flavors, ehhhh ?? Hmmmm…

CAP VC, Sugar Cookie, Graham Cracker, Lemon Mergine Pie, Sweet SB
FA Butter, Milk, Apple Pie, Caramel, Meringue, Marshmallow, Apricot, Forrest Fruit, Vienna Cream
TPA SB Ripe, Cheesecake Graham Crust, Bavarian Cream, Toasted MM
FLV Rich Cinnamon, Cream, Sweet Cream, Smooth Vanilla
FW Hazelnut, Cinnamon Roll, Blueberry, Yellow Cake
INW Biscuit, Pineapple, Shisha SB
LB Vanilla Ice Cream
RF SC French Toast, SB Milkshake
JF Honey Peach, Cocoa
Medicine Flower Dark Chocolate, Lemon, Honeydew Melon, Fig, Wild Raspberry, Cantaloupe

3 Likes

… Until they find a way to raise the melting point of Sucralose. Flv sweetness has Sucralose and stevia. Stevia tastes like earwax with sugar to me. To each their own but I would not be in DIY without Sucralose.

5 Likes

Not sure where you’re getting your information. But it’s not 100% accurate.

If anyone here would know, she would.
No idea if she’ll be able to speak to the sucralose though.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Another thing, I don’t know how the rest of the community feels about him, but I enjoy capping off my night by watching a couple of Wayne Walker’s “DIY or die” videos.
They have proven very helpful to me regarding many issues which include sweeteners, over-flavoring, balancing flavors, recommending certain flavors from certain companies (that’s how I learned that tfa honey tastes like goat sack and why the juices I used them in had a similar profile. He even describes one flavor as “dirty old woman”)you’ll pick up a couple hints here and there, and slowly you’ll see your product improve.

5 Likes

That’s all that really matters.

I will say, there are several excellent sources of information (video-wise). Use them ALL to your advantage. I would also submit the idea that they are highly likely to change as your understanding advances. (Don’t get too locked into any one source early in.)

4 Likes

I will assume I am able to talk here about FLV Sweetness…

Nopes that is a confirmed negative. but you can try guessing again… :slight_smile:

It is proprietary… and I do know there is no stevia, no “loses” in it.

7 Likes

ok … thought so. There are no warnings on the flavor page so I was surprised to see the sucralose. I’m also not getting the bad stevia aftertaste from it.

5 Likes

nopes… its sweet, clear and clean… the best sweetener In my own thoughts and tastes… I am so super sensitive to sweeteners, and I hate aftertastes. I can say I ran it thru it’s paces quiet often. After all this time, I do not suffer from any sweetness shock, or bad tastes etc… I even use this in my coffee, tea and now apple cider I make from scratch (liquid drinks) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Strange because I get a ear wax note from it and have stopped using it because of that.

2 Likes

how much did you use? :slight_smile:
I do not go over .4%
I have… and it can mute out your other flavors… I have never noticed anything bitter about sweetness.
Ear wax is something too… never tasted it, so I couldn’t tell you what ear wax is like…

4 Likes