Nicotine Tax

Bi Partisan…smfh. I have always asked why our congress can’t work together now I’m hoping they don’t

2 Likes

ROFL, R & D agree… Give us you money!

4 Likes

I have supreme faith that they will divide up your seized assets as well as your broiled carcass equally … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

On sale now!!!

Only $2800.99
Bonus!!! Comes with autographed picture of your favorite politician fucking you in the ass!!!

20 Likes

So gross and obscene. By the way, you forgot to mention that FREE SHIPPING is included in the price. :nerd_face:

However, note that the new CPSC mandated containers dispensing a mere 2 mL per squeeze are EXTRA:

§ 1700.15 (Poison prevention packaging standards):
(d) Restricted flow. Special packaging subject to the provisions of this paragraph shall be special packaging from which the flow of liquid is so restricted that not more than 2 milliliters of the contents can be obtained when the inverted, opened container is taken or squeezed once or when the container is otherwise activated once.

From: New nicotine safety rule could hit vaping hard - #36 by Raven-Knightly

CPSC Publishing (October 24, 2019):
CPSC Issues Warning: Liquid Nicotine Can Be Deadly for Children and Pets

… always store liquid nicotine in its child-resistant packaging … Consumers who may have purchased liquid nicotine in bottles that lack child-resistant packaging features should contact CPSC at www.SaferProducts.gov so that the agency can take appropriate steps with the manufacturer or retailer.

See National Law Review (April 26, 2019): “Restricting Flow: Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Evolving Requirements for Liquid Nicotine Containers

4 Likes

Can we all agree that it may be time to stock up.???

5 Likes

My problem with their whole premise is, we knew they were going to come after nic (well, many of us expected it anyways)… It’s still being targeted with what’s obviously a “Sin Tax”, effectively treating vaping as though it’s equally as bad as smoking.

Even though there’s going to be FAR LESS of a drain on the health system, thanks to folks living longer, paying more into social security, paying more taxes, etc etc, if they had ANY sense they would at least drop the tax by half, and incentivize even more smokers to quit, so they could be paying more into the system they hold so dear.

But I’m not sure that even if there WAS someone in the House or Congress smart enough to actually THINK long-term, that they’d have a voice loud enough to be heard amongst their compatriots fighting over the “here and now” monies “being laundered” … Oops! I mean being legally “lobbied” about their ‘hallowed’ halls.

Either way, even with the insane amount of tax, I feel for the folks who still haven’t come to the realization (or found the proper motivation) to quit smoking. But as long as nicotine is still able to be legally purchased over the counter, even with the extortionate tax rate, at least vaping will still improve their health.

My biggest concern is that open systems can remain an option. Because pods ARE NOT going to work for everyone I fear. The more options smokers have available, the better their chances are to find the device type that they need to quit.

5 Likes

@Nicotine_River see you replying TY and also can you chexk you PM I just sent you a message

3 Likes

The very idea that the ruled might find some occasional passing enjoyments in their micromanaged lives as wage-slaves offends the utter arrogance of the ruling Therapeutic Moral Nanny Surveillance State - whose theocratically inspired fever-swamp dreams of absolute power know no bounds where it comes to personal liberties of competent adults. Nary a single politician of any professed ilk is blameless in these Dark Ages.

5 Likes

Bite your tongue you insolent naif! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention. It definitely is unfortunate, but a decision that was ultimately inevitable one way or another. We’ll just have to work with the new tax and abide by the standards set in place from the government. It’d just be extremely disappointing if this tax was to become a financial burden for people that have found vaping as a helpful to cigarettes, but we can only hope that doesn’t happen. We believe the industry will overcome this hurdle one way or another!

7 Likes

Is the 2700$ amount what you guys are coming up with as well ??

2 Likes

I would bet that they are. These events are why I messaged you about Nicotine issues on August 10, 2019.

3 Likes

In the past I didnt buy based in reports like the 2016 scare , or the recent scares . I did order 4oz of Straw Milkshake after hearing RF was closing lol…i will be proactive here … It wont only affect me , this new tax will affect my GF , Mom , uncle , aunt and a coulle cousins all of them quit smoking bc of Vaping…In addition a few friends that I mix for

3 Likes

Yup indeed, the term “naif” really sums a simpleminded and understated feller such as myself up (:stuck_out_tongue:):

Synonyms:
aw-shucks, dewy, dewy-eyed, green, ingenuous, innocent, naive, primitive, simple, simpleminded, uncritical, unknowing, unsophisticated, unsuspecting, unsuspicious, unwary, unworldly, wide-eyed.

3 Likes

So does that mean we’d be stung double down here if the taxing from the states is that exorbitant. Because it takes you over the $1000 GST threshold.

3 Likes

“GST Approved” bottles that come out to a size that equals $999 is my guessing in worst case scenario

4 Likes

(1) IN GENERAL. - On alternative nicotine products, manufactured in or imported into the United States, there shall be imposed a tax equal to the applicable dollar amount per gram of nicotine (and a proportionate tax at the like rate on all fractional parts of a gram) contained in such product.

(2) APPLICABLE DOLLAR AMOUNT. - For purposes of this subsection, the applicable dollar amount shall be equal to (A) $50.33

https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/E-Cigarette%20Tax%20Parity%20Act%20of%202019%20Bill%20Text.pdf

Note that where the US House proposed bill language indicates a tax rate of $50.33 per 1.81 Grams of Nicotine, the US Senate proposed bill (quoted above) indicates a tax rate of $50.33 per Gram of Nicotine (a factor of 1.81 times larger than that proposed in the US House). Tax on 1 Liter 100 mg/ml Nicotine = $5033.

4 Likes

Yes it would mate - it will depend on if overseas purchases pay tax or not but there is no provision in that bill for any exemptions.

4 Likes

Taxation of ~$50 per Gram on Nicotine virtually assures a (predictably dangerous) illicit Nicotine market :thinking: complete with gilded gendarmes of the Corporate Controlled State kicking down doors and seizing personal assets. All the malignant and inhumane “joys” of the endless, futile War on People who use Drugs upon Nic. This appears to have been the goal from the start - executed using “shock doctrine” manufactured consent derived from what are easily recognized contaminations of (entirely unregulated, illicit) Cannabis products.

It (may) be that Republican Senators are too busy living their “profiles in courage” these days to save Nic ? What if the Psychopath in Chief’s wife orders him to “behead the beast” of sinful youthful pleasures again ? It’s just so hard being a policy maker when one is living in mortal fear of Corporations and Criminal Oligarchs

6 Likes