Nicotine Tax

I keep getting frustrated and disgusted with our politicians but you guys have some crazy mofos you vote for :astonished:
You can almost imagine the black market (and consequences) from such a tax…

5 Likes

Nic is not that easy to extract so it would come down to smuggling nic into the country for a black market to thrive and that too would no doubt be expensive maybe this is their answer to the black market - you can have a black market as long as we get a slice of it by way of taxation

5 Likes

5 Likes

@Raven-Knightly thank you for the links, and clarification on this.

3 Likes

So this tax… Does NOT apply to anything classed as a tobacco cessation product. Gotcha.
:roll_eyes:

Way to offset the costs of the (assumed) soon to be approved closed system Pods. They should be 'adopted by the public even faster, since they’ll be cheaper (tax not applying and all).

Seems like there’s contradictions afoot.
Either that, or they’re trying to lay out framework for either scenario, while they continue to fight amongst themselves about which system should “win”.

This is such a mind-numbing clusterfuck…
/so weary

8 Likes

This is correct. Their intention is/was to tax each Juul pod at approximately $1.00 each but they failed to see that the tax is going to make vaping prohibitive.

4 Likes

Could a properly constructed lawsuit tie this up if it becomes law? I haven’t taken a civics class in decades, and I’m at work right now, so no Google-fu atm. Can the Supreme Court even touch a properly legislated federal law amending a tax code?

3 Likes

I’m not sure they failed to see anything… they know exactly what they are doing, and we know exactly why. :wink:

8 Likes

Yeah, you’re right…It’s actually just a real hard pill to swallow…"we elected these **cks

6 Likes

Most people don’t have much of a vested interest in vaping one way or another, and with all these smear campaigns active ad infinitum, all they see is that vaping is evil. I’d sadly hazard a guess that the vast majority either knows very little about this struggle we face (and cares even less about it), or supports the bans based on the crap sandwiches they ingest from the media and do-gooders. And the vaping “we” who did vote for these slugs surely didn’t do it knowing they would turn on them like this. At least that’s how I figure it.

7 Likes

I wrote my state rep via CASAA and he wrote back. The essence of his letter was eat shit and die. You’re in the minority as a vapor. I stand with the Empress and serve the majority.

5 Likes

I guess the House bill is a bargain compared to the $5,000/liter of 10% nicotine proposed by the Senate. This is all just to freaking much NOW.

6 Likes

I take the time now to hope uncaring people will wake up to see what is important to save lives…

#Idontseestupidpeopletoowell

3 Likes

He wants to loose his job… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s my hope.

4 Likes

Wow. I had nothing but empathy thinking this was an “over the pond” thing. But now that it effects me here in the states, I have downright fear. Anyone know how long after these bills get passed (hope they don’t) before enactment?

4 Likes

The tax is proposed it hasnt even reached the House for voting yet

4 Likes

Well, we know they ALLOWED eminent domain laws to transfer property from 1 private individual to another PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL (horrible judgement). All in the name of increasing tax revenue. So anything is possible.

3 Likes

I’ll bet your Rep responded with flowery wording and condolences. I’m also sure your summation is spot on accurate.

3 Likes

Lol, Absolutely. It was dripping with sickening sweet, gag a maggot, PC. All the more insulting. Another piece of work.

4 Likes