Nicotine Tax

Posting sponsors from @Raven-Knightly’s link above: All D’s and one I ??

2 Likes

wow… :cry: I think they want to loose their jobs… d or not… that is a shame…

4 Likes

Not at all to diminish the plight of those who (unlike ourselves) have yet to salt-away some Nicotine in their refrigerators surrounding the chosen use of what is a somewhat pleasureful and calming substance that has not been shown to be particularly harmful (save for in some cardiovascular conditions). Adults rightly own their own bodies and minds. I myself have little or no receptiveness for “Therapeutic Nanny State” thinking.

Along the lines of supremely egregious legislative tone-deafness to the sufferings and harms of the human beings who are there own constituents, treating them like worthless dirt while claiming to be “saving souls” …

… and in a case where that person, affected by Draconian CDC policies that are publicly supported by that legislator (erroneously, and quite cruelly equating all usages of Opioid medications with so-called “addiction”, which is not even an objectively defined physiological condition) lives 24/7 around the clock in severe and intractable pain from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Degenerative Disc Disease, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Spinal Stenosis and other chronic pain conditions as a result of those same draconian public policies …

… note the pathetic, tone-deaf, patently specious and vapid non-responses that this showboating legislator provided to all inquiring as to the patient’s desperately (and understandably angrily) communicated plight:

(IMO), this kind of self-promoting, self-dealing, sanctimonious cruelty is a bipartisan affair. While Dems seem to imagine that the populace begs to become helpless, blameless victims coerced, controlled, and strictly supervised by regulations and bureaucrats until their dying day, Repubs seem to generally side with whoever or whatever brings them and their friends the most wealth - all that lofty Libertarian talk be damned.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Unflavored zero nicotine VG anyone?

4 Likes

I’m picking up another medical grade freezer, fuck’m.

7 Likes

All this shit sounds very similar to the assault weapon 30 round magazine ban years ago doesn’t it?

5 Likes

…fill in the blank with any one of hundreds of unjust government assaults over the years!

8 Likes

Good idea!

With this possible Fed action; states, counties and cities will get the hint and probably increase/establish their own nicotine taxes.

Heck, future nic. purchases could get expensive! :grinning:

3 Likes

Will get expensive.

5 Likes

Hehe, YES IT DOES @R113. Sadly, I prepped/prepared for THAT one too !!!

If at first you don’t succeed try try again, right ?

4 Likes

Trying to stay positive in this mess thinking whatever action is taken won’t last long.

6 Likes

Here’s another prohibitive attempt at legislation from our hard at work (protecting ourselves from ourselves) House of Representatives…Lady’s and gents I give you H.R. 3942 which bans any e-cigarette components or products from USPS delivery: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/3942/text These fucks aren’t going to quit until they kill the industry and take it to a full blown black market. {It was passed in the house yesterday by an agreed voice vote after first being agreed to drop the full consensus floor vote} (10/28/2019 Passed/agreed to in House: On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.) I’m sure that voting to prohibit privatized carriers from delivery isn’t far behind…

2 Likes

They’ve lost their motherfucking minds. :rage:

4 Likes

The key part being:
(7) (B) ((vii)

Sheer stroke of ‘genius’ (laziness) to use a law from fucking 1949 to piggyback on. /shameful
Rather than actually write intelligent laws pertaining to a completely new and different technology…

4 Likes

Reports coming out that are excluding nicotine from the recent deaths is a motivator here. If the public learns that nicotine vaping is not the danger the government claims, then the public is less willing to support bans. So, with the possible loss of public support for their carte blanche assault under the ‘public health’ umbrella (along with the curtailing of ‘teen vaping’ not enough to kill vaping off), they’re going to resort to behind-the-screen tactics like this to choke off the industry without public knowledge or support.

5 Likes

The insidious part of this plan is that privatized carriers like UPS & Federal Express have stipulations in their shipping regulations that prohibit shipment of unlawful items {from UPS regs: “We will not transport any goods which are prohibited by law or regulation of any federal, state or local government …”}

3 Likes

yes that is correct

3 Likes

UPS already has restrictions of shipment of electronic cigarettes? https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/shipping-support/prohibited-items.page

2 Likes

It just hit me…
Brilliant way to try and kill two birds with one stone. DIY (obviously) as well as sticking it to China simultaneously (since there’s only one large company [Evolv], and a handful of little pwm board makers here in the US, that makes the actual electronics).

Wow.
Just… Wow.
Vindictive, petty, slimy… (I better stop there before I REALLY go off)

4 Likes