NicVape E-Flavors Tasting Notes

Awesome notes Jojo! Thank you for these!

2 Likes

been dealing with NIC VAPE and the gang for about 4 years. Ruthie and Abigail do their job very well. Always helpful and they have a great facility. Customer service is a 10. They ROCK

1 Like

So, you don’t get a menthal type flavor from this? I mixed it a 3% and it was very menthal like. Maybe I did something wrong. I will try it again

1 Like

I haven’t tried any NV flavors yet, but your notes are very convincing for some of their concentrates… plus @50YearsOfCigars has put his stamp of approval on NV, so I’m taking a shot on a 5 pack…

• 1: Carolina Tobacco
  • 2: Fine Cuban Tobacco
  • 3: Old Fashioned Donut
  • 4: Tootie Frootie
  • 5: Honey Crisp Cereal

If they work out I’ll try these next…

• Bourbon
  • Bubble Gum
  • Kentucky Tobacco
  • Lime
  • Pie Crust
3 Likes

They’ll send you a free 30ml sample too. So I bet you’ll either get a tobacco or dessert that’s one of their better ones. They are glass bottles without a dripper so get your pipettes or needles ready.

3 Likes

… get the Tennessee Tobacco and the Sweet Tobacco, both are very good to round out some of the recipe profiles for Cig-A-Likes, but also very useful generally… I have some Hybrid recipes using them with NET that aren’t bad at all.

2 Likes

Thanks… I’ll keep that in mind once I’ve tried the others.

1 Like

I don’t see the point in vaping a flavor other than tobacco, -:grinning: I did get a bottle of NicVape " Old Fashioned Donut " - and mixed it up, Darn if it didn’t taste just exactly like a Glazed Donut !!! I can’t vape it because the flavor passing over my buds makes my brain want to grab the keys to the car and spin down to the little donut shop on the corner and get a dozen of the real thing ! - Hahaha :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Might as well link my old old notes to this…

Nicvape can be used in a lot lower amounts than what I tested in years ago, the lab is super close to my home and the folks that work there are fab! :slight_smile: My shout out… other than to flavorah :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

Not going to be able to even come CLOSE to what @JoJo has already done here, but have a few SF flavor tests steeping now.

https://i.imgur.com/9d8Y9WZ.jpg

Old Fashioned Donut (NicVape E-Flavors) 4% (11-11-18) – Having had not great luck with Donut flavors in the past, wasn’t sure what was in store for my FIST NicVapes flavor out of the gate. I always seem to get PlayDoh from CAP’s for some reason, BUT, that was a non issue here. @ 4% this one was very tasty, strong, and even. Although it didn’t convey a yeasty-ness it still managed to convey a nice donut profile. The main notes are bakery, some sweet, and some subdued cinnamon. Actually finishing OFF the tester bottle, so that says something about it. This could be an ADV all by itself, as it’s just complex enough to keep you coming back, as a solo. Bakery, cinnamon, little sweet, not sure what else needs to be said. If you’re looking for a yeasty donut, this isn’t it. I can see this easily used, and manipulated in many bakery mixes. Considering how low the bar is for donuts (that I’ve tried) this one easily shot to the top. I do think it could use a little more of a yeast component to push it that last 10% into the strong donut camp. As is however, easy 9/10.

Honey Crisp Cereal (NicVape E-Flavors) 4% (11-11-18) – I’m not 100% about who’s notes I saw on NV, maybe @JoJo’s, but she nailed this flavor. I never bother to test fresh mixed, and always steep, as I had seen some comments regarding this one freshly mixed not working so good. After 2+ weeks however, this one is a CRAZY good flavor. Now I don’t remember any Honey Crisp cereal, but I do remember a Honey Comb cereal, and this is pretty damned close to it. Don’t let the “Honey” in the name put you off (there are some God awful honeys out there), as it is perfect in this mix. Somewhat sweet with honey “elements” but NOT a in your face honey. Plenty of grainy cereal that takes over on the inhale, with a delicate, yet very present honey/sweet finish. This was an interestingly different flavor for me, have not had anything like it yet, so working on the 2nd tank now. There are some buttery elements, but not butter per se. Overall, it’s just about as close to a Honeycomb cereal as you can get IMO. VERY tasty @ 4%, above average sweet, but not cloying or sickly so. If you are looking for a “Honeycomb” cereal type flavor great grains and some sweet, this will do it.9.2/10.

Blue Raz (NicVape E-Flavors) 4%
Tootie Frootie (NicVape E-Flavors) 4%
Oat Circles (NicVape E-Flavors) 4%
Fine Cuban Tobacco (NicVape E-Flavors) 4%

1 Like

I’m loving the plum. Mixed the sft on 8/14 and no fade. Flavor wise I am much happier with this plum over TFA and INW. Now to find out if it plays well in a recipe. Dark razz and dark fruit are also very good, and no fade so far either.

3 Likes

Interesting… Is it tart or sweet or…?

I agree on the Dark Razz it’s earthy and full-bodied, a dark red if you will.

Ok, the Dark Fruit has a sharp flavor to it, almost like menthol. As a matter of fact, I wrote a review on their web page saying the same. They responded and told me it was what they put in it to make it " tart ".

I have tasted several other of their concentrates with that same sharpness. I steeped it forever before I could even come near it. For whatever reason, I had a bad reaction toward it.

Peace

3 Likes

@Letitia Yes, please give more details !!! I recently tested Medicine Flower’s Plum and about fell OUT of my chair it was soo good. I’ve not tried TPA’s yet.

2 Likes

The plum is mildly sweet but not syrupy. Tastes just like a perfectly ripe plum. This one for me is as close as I’ve tasted that was almost pure fruit, skin notes are there but only in the background. Pretty much all flesh. TFA is okay but not a reorder for me, same with INW. There is a touch of tart for maybe 2-3w, that’s the only fade I’ve noticed.

I didn’t get anything I would describe as menthol notes from the dark fruit, nor did I find it very tart. First week or two it was a bit sharp but that settled out.

3 Likes

@Letitia Outstanding !!! Have you ever done any Single Flavor Tests, because if you haven’t you should !!

1 Like

I used sft all my flavors. Now I just do the ones I think I’ll like alright as a sft. I usually do 15ml so I have enough left to test at 3m, I like variety and don’t mix often so look for flavors that don’t have much fade.

2 Likes

Keep it under 1% and see what happens :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried everyrhing . If that is even possible and I could always taste it.

2 Likes

Old Fashioned Donut (NicVape E-Flavors) 4% (11-11-18) – Having had not great luck with Donut flavors in the past, wasn’t sure what was in store for my FIST NicVapes flavor out of the gate. I always seem to get PlayDoh from CAP’s for some reason, BUT, that was a non issue here. @ 4% this one was very tasty, strong, and even. Although it didn’t convey a yeasty-ness it still managed to convey a nice donut profile. The main notes are bakery, some sweet, and some subdued cinnamon. Actually finishing OFF the tester bottle, so that says something about it. This could be an ADV all by itself, as it’s just complex enough to keep you coming back, as a solo. Bakery, cinnamon, little sweet, not sure what else needs to be said. If you’re looking for a yeasty donut, this isn’t it. I can see this easily used, and manipulated in many bakery mixes. Considering how low the bar is for donuts (that I’ve tried) this one easily shot to the top. I do think it could use a little more of a yeast component to push it that last 10% into the strong donut camp. As is however, easy 9/10.

4 Likes

Honey Crisp Cereal (NicVape E-Flavors) 4% (11-11-18) – I’m not 100% about who’s notes I saw on NV, maybe @JoJo’s, but she nailed this flavor. I never bother to test fresh mixed, and always steep, as I had seen some comments regarding this one freshly mixed not working so good. After 2+ weeks however, this one is a CRAZY good flavor. Now I don’t remember any Honey Crisp cereal, but I do remember a Honey Comb cereal, and this is pretty damned close to it. Don’t let the “Honey” in the name put you off (there are some God awful honeys out there), as it is perfect in this mix. Somewhat sweet with honey “elements” but NOT a in your face honey. Plenty of grainy cereal that takes over on the inhale, with a delicate, yet very present honey/sweet finish. This was an interestingly different flavor for me, have not had anything like it yet, so working on the 2nd tank now. There are some buttery elements, but not butter per se. Overall, it’s just about as close to a Honeycomb cereal as you can get IMO. VERY tasty @ 4%, above average sweet, but not cloying or sickly so. If you are looking for a “Honeycomb” cereal type flavor great grains and some sweet, this will do it. 9.2/10.

3 Likes