NY- 60 years of nicotine in deep freeze

is that what is in bags of chips and stuff to keep them fresh ? i think it is.

6 Likes

Yes @HVPGH.

4 Likes

Does the nitrogen freeze it? Or are they just displacing the air with it?

4 Likes

It displaces the atmosphere (air) in the container. The PROBLEM with trying to use that for our DIY storage processes is that technically, N is lighter than air (mixture of gasses). So, if you were to attempt to fill a bottle with NIC, and then shoot some N on the top, you’d get mixed results. Argon on the other hand is HEAVIER than air, which makes it much cheaper, and easier to blanket the top of our bottles (by displacing the air).

7 Likes

Considering that nicotine, if available, in the next year or so is going to be exponentially more expensive (i.e. shipping & taxation issues), purchasing it now is going to seem cheap by the next time you may need it again.

I know that it will last at least five years (in perfect condition) when stored properly as I currently am using that vintage. I have purchased enough to last me long enough to see me well into my senior years (not that long realistically at this point), or to the point it goes bad, or I quit. Regardless, by that time I will be financially be well ahead of purchasing it, as needed, at prevailing market rates.

Lastly, I refuse to take any chance of needing nicotine and resorting to smoking a cigarette ever again.

7 Likes

I couldn’t resist River’s St. Patty’s Day sale. Bought multiple’s of the 100mg at a great price and because I saved so much money…I bought more flavors. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Oi, Paddy!

5 Likes

Ok, so here’s how Wayne Walker (DIYORDIE) is storing his Nic (fridge not freezer???)

4 Likes

Definitely go for a freezer over a wine cooler.

7 Likes

I love Wayne, and I’m actually surprised to see this. The lower the temp, the SLOWER the chemical reaction (oxidation). I was pleased to see some Art Argon gas laying around, but the fridge, and the VG in there (??) had me baffled. I do agree with lockable containment, especially when there’s children in the home, but …

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly! A good how to video for all of those asking question.
My main cons are

• Fridge not freezer
  • VG? maybe if you have a stupid amount, but it will be readily available to purchase after the ban. My PG/VG suppliers are not vape related.
  • No safety equipment (gloves/glasses and prepared workspace setup for any spills). I know many of us don’t use these, but if your showing a tutorial for newbies, I think a more cautious and informed approach is needed.
7 Likes

Agreed, especially if you’re putting it out to the public. Going to be a LOT of new(er) DIY’ers out there, so best to assume the worst case, and make safety rule one.

4 Likes

If you’re going to spend a couple hundred, get yourself a freezer that does as cold as possible. Many are less then $200.

5 Likes

Absolutely!

5 Likes

He says be careful, wear gloves, etc…while free pouring in mid-air to a tiny funnel while shooting a video. I think he has postpartum brain (no offense to mommies out there). {Perhaps I am too careful, but I sanitize my double basin kitchen sink and do the transfer in one side of it. I have accidentally spilled a little over the funnel but it is contained to the drain}

Also, if you have little ones, get a freezer with a lock on it.

4 Likes

I like Wayne too, but that video is a train wreck.

5 Likes

I actually umderstand his reasoning …Hes goimg off of what Carolina Xtract recommends and to a lot of people think they are the " all knowing " …I dont agree with his choice because every other manufacturer recommends freezing so im more likely to take the recommendation of a few manufacturers than just 1 . I also think people fdont realize that Carolinas reasoning for not freezing is because they dont want people to freeze then thaw and repeat that freeze and thaw process again and again. My freezer went out a week ago luckily I caught it quick but right now all my Nic is in the main freezer in my house which is stressing me out . This weekend ill head to get a new one , Wish me luck for something in stock …

5 Likes

GOOD SAVE @fidalgo_vapes. Although I chose the low temp medical freezers online, I did check local Lowes/Home Depot, and they did have some chest, and upright freezers in stock.

5 Likes

I think I may end up going that route…Im hoping to get something today though

2 Likes

Even if you don’t @fidalgo_vapes ANY dedicated freezer would be fine. I’m looking at my remote temp gauges as of this writing, and the early one I got off of Amazon is sitting at -30F. The newer one that I just picked up (same model), is sitting at -15F, so even AT a premium (sort of), there are deviations. I think CHEST freezers are more efficient (I think), and if you could even score a 2.0 cu ft +/-, you’d be fine I’m sure.

4 Likes