Okay, now we're talking. (I think?) Wotofo nexMINI stuff

Would you have the link to that page? Thx

2 Likes

@muth $5.40 Authentic Wotofo SMRT V8 Baby Rebuildable Coil Kit at FastTech - Free Shipping.
you have the option on the right side to either buy 1 kit $5.xx or 5 kits (6x5mesh-10x5cotton - 5mini rbas etc…) $24.xx fto me thats a no brainer. you can make up 5 coils at a time, instead of one :sweat: :100: :thought_balloon: :dash: :love_you_gesture:
After I watched the linked video on how to build the coil I said I have to get this. I’ve always struggled with actually wrapping cotton on the mesh without getting it dirty or messed up.
The tool is like a three in one. It not only builds the coil, & if you flip it over if the base gets stuck, you can use it as hey gripper 2 free it.
BTW actually you’re the reason I even know fast tech exists! On one of your posts while ago so thank you for that.
i was thinking long term…i could not find the replacement mesh and cottons stand alone. so ill just have 5 base coils now! apparently they make them for the nord rpm and a bunch of different sub ohm and pods. i imagine the mesh is smaller for the pods. thank you @INOIROC for this!

3 Likes

I tried building…but for some reason (and i ve tried single ka1, dble wrapped with a drill, wotofo premade “braided” <PITA TO GET IN THE HOLE, Etc…) I ve never gotten as good Flavor, (Clouds yes, I can see the attraction there) as i did with my Uwell Crown III, Crown V or Caliburn-G,or Amulet Watch. Its quite apparent that I’m a Uwell Fan! Crown III is my fav. .23mesh PnP Coils, Easy to clean without removing coil or juice. no OCD Hrs haha
I’d Love to try a RDTA Or RTA. But IDK which is a good one. If someone has a Suggestion>?
Overly OCD in everything life. So constantly wiping / cleaning the top after removing, to drip the juice, it is just a booster for my already overly obsessive ways.
I easily could spend 2 hrs (and have) just trying to get the coils on the deck “exactly parallel” and then the cotton… :man_facepalming: ughh lol

3 Likes

@Lostmarbles ordered mesh yesterday…fastech tho. I’m excite, from the video looks so much easier to wrap. you can separate the old V8 baby coils relatively easy with a thin sharp chisel. it’s getting it back together without the tool is the hard part. so glad I saw this.
Hi have not used 3f or fasttech before is the shipping really like a month?

3 Likes

That’s exactly what happened to mine. Funny part is that it came with the tank the baby beast it never really worked right lol

2 Likes

Same, they are absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

It would take a month to a month and half (sometimes longer), but lately I’ve been getting my stuff from them in about two weeks. My 3F order was confirmed as shipped the day after, now it’s a matter of time depending on when the container being used is filled enough to ship. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long.

3 Likes

agreed, you can expect to wait a month to a month and a half from fast tech. i probably have ten orders from them, all took a month or longer. but I can’t complain; with free shipping and the price of products.

4 Likes

Some generic mesh coils with legs soldered onto them appeared on Fasttech one day I was browsing. I’ve rebuilt all kinds of different coils with them. That clean tasting flat cotton is something I’ve always wanted. They have flat cotton sheets too but you need to boil the shit out of them. I thought they were okay at first but nope. Here’s the mesh coils I’m talking about:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10055738/9665848-mkws-kanthal-a1-mesh-for-e-cigarette-10-pack

There’s 4 different sizes. The ones I linked are most fitting for Baby Beast sized coils (If I remember correctly?). It might be one size up… They’ll work with these newer kits too, I know it. I guess the brand is MKWS so not really generic but whatever. They’re cheap.

3 Likes

Sweet thank you for the info yeah I didn’t want to navigate the whole site it becomes so overwhelming so many flavors accessories coils tanks mods the list goes on and on…
The COTTON you speak of, needs to be BOILED. Is it the one that I purchased (OG Post) or the generic ones you just mentioned?
I’ve had pretty good luck with WOTOFO premade stuff.

2 Likes

They’re flat cotton sheets on Fasttech. I thought they’d work perfectly for rebuilding coil heads and they do. You just cut the width you want and twirl it around some mesh. The problem is, I can taste bleach. I’m not sure if others are sensitive to it but I am big time. To get rid of that off flavor, you can boil it. It takes a while too. I boiled it for like 5 minutes thinking it’d be good. Nope. I looked for them on Fasttech but they’re gone.

2 Likes

@INOIROC but which cotton needs boiling… the one in your original post with the 2 links for the RBA and the SMRT?

Is this the one you’re saying needs boiled I don’t know now I’m confused I’m just going to wait till they get here

2 Likes

I’m definitely sensitive to it I know what you mean. Especially if your fingers are dirty which I am an auto technician so they frequently are even when clean! Gives that dirty taste and it doesn’t go away

2 Likes

They were flat cotton sheets on Fasttech months ago. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough. None of us have tried the new Wotofo stuff but I’d wager money those don’t have any terrible off flavors. @muth and others use SMRT rebuild kits for PnP coils. The new ones come with the same kind of cotton or close to it. They’re already cut to size and come in little stacks I think.

3 Likes

Got it … Thanks man​:grin::dash:

2 Likes

I empathize, that’s where I live.

2 Likes

Do you think the organic Japanese cotton pads can be cut to size and used? They might need to be pulled apart to halve the thickness, Idk?

2 Likes

So, do we know yet if the SMRT V8 Baby mesh coil will fit the Big Baby?

2 Likes

Brutal isn’t it$75 for a $200 purchase I could see like 20

3 Likes

The whole thing was brutal…the vape ban, flavor ban, CDC, FDA screw up about the THC cartos…et al. I would love to give US vape shops my business but mostly I order overseas. I just don’t have the extra cash.

3 Likes