Once upon a time we were DJs

Are you kidding? A DJ has the best job in the world! I know, cause I used to be one :smile:

4 Likes

I miss being a DJ! Not a radio DJ a club DJā€¦techno was my life! Then I grew up and had kids and my life was over haha. I still have my Technicsā€¦buriedā€¦in a boxā€¦in my closetā€¦sob sob

3 Likes

SL-1210? :smile:

4 Likes

MK5s baby!! =-) with crates and crates of vinyl still, which I find myself having to explain what vinyl is to kids these daysā€¦

These things are still mint! Iā€™m wondering if since Technics went out of biz if they will be worth anything down the road

3 Likes

I had an MK3 - I so regret selling that now :confused:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got some SL1210 mkIIā€™s in my attic.

Along with a PIONEER CDJ500, ALLEN and HEATH ZONE 64 mixer and around 700 vinyl ranging from funky house, progressive house, euphoric trance, hard trance, techno and Gabba. Lol.

Oh the young free and single days lol.

Cmj

3 Likes

Sound forge and fruity loops were my best of friends for a VERY long time.

3 Likes

That mixer looks similar to a Gemini FX7000 I had once.

Cmj

1 Like

My BIGGEST regret was selling my Technics SL-1200LTDā€¦GOLDS!!! Iā€™m an IDIOT for that shitā€¦like seriously

1 Like

I never got into the cd-j eraā€¦all vinyl 3 tables, mixers and my 909s and 303s hahaā€¦Those were the days man. Hanging out with Frankie Bones, Joe ā€œhyperactiveā€ and crewā€¦good times for sureā€¦from what I can remember :wink:

This is all I have left (old pic) but the top table was my very first POS as well is the wax atop of it lol

To make matters worse I bought them in London so when I used them in the states I always had to carry around a step up/down converter for the euro plugsā€¦PITA!

3 Likes

Ahhh I remember those days!! I got into final scratch for a minute thereā€¦damn @Damondo just when I thought I couldnā€™t gain any more respect for ya :wink: Your pc tower looks sharp btw

1 Like

Kindred spirits us deejays. From mixing music to mixing juice. Ahh the irony.

3 Likes

This is my stuff but it is in a box ā€¦ ainā€™t nobody got time for that!

2 Likes

Awww and even the fishing rod wich i have not used this year iā€™m gonna cry!

3 Likes

Sorry, but we were getting a bit off topic there :wink:

4 Likes

you should make some time. That is awesome!

3 Likes

Man we can REALLY do some damage on this thread!!

3 Likes

I really, really miss my turntable :confused: And my vinyls!

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you on that one! The sad thing is they are all 10 steps away from me!! All packed up in storage :frowning:

I keep saying when we move to a bigger place Iā€™m going to set them up!! 10 years laterā€¦ā€œwhen we move to a bigger place Iā€™m going to set them up!ā€ :slight_smile:

Even if I donā€™t spin they look SEXY all set up in a room hehe

2 Likes

No DJ experience here, but I miss my TT and vinyls as well. There was a richness to them that you canā€™t get on digital. I miss the hiss and pops just before the music starts. I also miss hearing full record sides on late night radio.

3 Likes