One on One Flavorings

Sorry I just saw this. I never actually got my package they said they sent me? Which is rather odd because they were sending me a bunch of bottles for review and I was sent an email after speaking with them and it had my tracking info on it.
I clicked the # and it said package not found, which is normal right after you get a confirmation email, so I waited until the end of the day and tried again…same error
So the next day I forgot about it and remembered that night and strangely I was still getting the “tracking # not found” error, so I thought maybe it was just some glitch in the system and it was still on it’s way.

Very long impatient story short…it was over a week and I received nothing and I talked to them and they said they sent it and they weren’t going to send another unless I pay for them this time. I don’t know if they think I was scamming them and trying to bulk up on free shit or what but since then I haven’t heard anything back from emails or anything.

Their flavors could be outstanding but I’m not doing business with them. The whole situation for me was just sketch and disrespectful. I could careless whether or not I got free samples from them and I would of had no problem kicking them some cash for the 2nd attempt. It was just how they handled it, talked to me and now ignoring me? The funny thing is, is they were the ones that originally offered!

4 Likes

What a bummer. If I were in your shoes I would feel the same way. Understandable man. I just noticed something strange - a couple of my bottles have the seals broken. I am going to ask that they replace those flavors.

Did you mention to them the tracking number doesn’t work?

I bought the Candy sample pack and the Strawberry sample pack. I also ordered a 30ml of their Watermelon and a 30ml of their Sugar cone. They gave me a free 30ml bottle of Strawberry (Ripe) and Marshmallow (Vanilla). Which is kinda funny because the Strawberry (Ripe) was one of the sample flavors I ordered. So I got an extra 30ml of it free. After reading @Amy2’s review of the Marshmallow (Vanilla) I am glad they included it.

This is really sad though. I was really looking forward to your thoughts on this flavoring. I was planning on ordering some eventually. But reading your thread Darth I pulled the trigger. So if you do decide to give them another shot let me know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Has there been any luck on new statements for these flavors
Was going for cereals and burnt sugar , but what would u use burnt sugar in ?
Any new recipes I’m greatful to see how they are in flavors . Amy I’m counting on your point of view …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Fruits etc :smile:

1 Like

Fruits so it’s like a meringue kinda adds that crispy top .

I’m like lordvapor, there’s not many recipes for these flavors .some are stand alone I’m sure .ive been searching for ideas of others and which are terrible,which are good . But there are some unique flavors I want to try.like said burnt sugar in what ?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, if I need inspiration I try to find notes or just check out the flavor details pages… Granted there isn’t a lot of info on Burnt Sugar (ooo), but what would you use caramellized sugar on normally? Creme Brulée, caramelized apple, caramelized almonds/nuts and other stuff :smile:

A much more used one is Brown Sugar (TPA) - I don’t know if they’re similar, but maybe check out some of the recipes?

2 Likes

I received an order from 1o1 yesterday, a friend wanted butter rum, so I got that, mah hey rancher watermelon, happy rancher strawberry, fuji apple and cream soda.

1 Like

Brændte mandler (caramelized almonds) :+1::+1::+1: is a holiday treat here in Denmark. I just made a batch yesterday (for eating, not in vape form :grin:) but I’ll bet it voted be a good vape if done right.

3 Likes

Burnt sugar can be used where you would use a cotton candy or use could use it to act like a meringue. Yes it would ( should ) add a " fluffiness " to the batch. I like Brown sugar TFA but if overly done it takes over quickly.

As for other OOO flavors I haven’t gotten anymore. I was pretty content on the few favorites I have of theirs however I do want to check out the cereal flakes and now that you’ve sparked my interest in the burnt sugar that one too !

I would try it lower at first most of the suggested ratios on the OOO site seem to be very high to me. Is this a Pg or Vg based flavor ? If you choose to pair it with a cream I’d keep the cream on the lower end as well just so it doesn’t overcome the sugar. ( especially if it’s sweet cream ) may consider using FA’s fresh cream that way it’s only cream and no added flavor profile.

ex.

cupcake
burnt sugar
cream
fruit ( if you want fruit in it. )

2 Likes

Now that sounds good cupcake
Yum
Of course Amy to rescue :grin:

1 Like

Hi Amy
Thank you for input recipe.
I’ve wanted to try’ the cereals also
Most reviews have been awful
The cream blends also but which ones
1,2,3 lol
Gee couldn’t make easier …
I’m looking for reviews on flavors used . See if worth this prices…
Thank you every one for information …

Happy New Years

1 Like

I haven’t bought any of the creams outside of the creamy milky undertone Vg based flavor and the vanilla marshmallow. Maybe @LordVapor has some in put he has bought some sample packs maybe he got some of the creams.

My main attraction is vg based flavors through them for the most part although the vanilla marshmallow is pg based. Hope someone can give ya more input.

1 Like

I didn’t get any cream flavors of theirs. I just grabbed the candy sample pack and the strawberry sample pack. For what you pay for the sample packs it’s not a bad deal. I like the Strawberries so far. But the candies I haven’t found a really good one yet except the Wildberry Skittles. A few have had a chemical taste and really weak flavor. So I am not sure they won’t end up as drink flavorings.

2 Likes

I stopped at the candy ones I got the first time wasn’t happy with really any of them and so I just stuck to the few I really like of theirs. I think the Strawberry sampler is a bit over priced but it looks good. I enjoy the cream from the creamy milky undertone and love that its vg, but really most of the products they have are over priced imo compared to how much you use vs FA or INW. I looked at them again tonight and just didn’t feel moved to buy anything. I will continue to buy the few I do like however.

How is the Marshmallow Vanilla? I have it but every time I have thought to use it I just use TFA Marshmallow instead.

I was excited about One on One when I first started mixing with them because the first flavors I mixed were the Strawberries and the Watermelon and they seemed to be pretty good. I am starting to think I just got lucky and picked a couple of the only flavors that were OK. But the Watermelon as it turns out may be adding a waxy taste to a mix. I have a recipe that I was making for a friend using just OOO Strawberry Ripe and OOO Watermelon and he was going through it like water. And then he requested a watermelon flavor for his wife. So I mixed FLV Wild Melon and FLV Watermelon with the OOO Watermelon and I got an off taste in the mix kinda like wax or plastic. And I know it’s not the FLV Flavors.

The chocolates didn’t taste as expected either. But they aren’t terrible. Kinda weak and off a bit. I think they could be used as a compliment to something. But not sure I would ever figure out where I would use them.

I wonder if they even make all of their own flavors or if they are using someone else’s and mixing them up. I noticed they have an Apple Fuji. I almost want to buy it to see if they are using FA’s. If I found that to be true I would probably be done with them.

All of this is the reason I have just let the rest of the flavors sit there and stare at me. I think I don’t want to find out they all suck. I typically only mix when I am feeling creative. When something pops into my head I want to make it as good as possible so I try to think of the best flavor for the recipe. So until I get off my butt and mix a bunch of single flavors the desire to not fail has me not reaching for One on One flavors. I will try to get some more of them mixed today.

3 Likes

I love that vanilla marshmallow pair it with a bakery style mix n boy it’s good ! I know what your saying as far as the weird " plastic " taste the watermelon save off. In my description of the watermelon on this thread up at the top I forgot the actual name of the watermelon candy OOO had I think it was watermelon bang it wasn’t good and I could never get the %s right so I never reordered it. I think the SB would be good and I still may get that flavor sampler but I am so heavy with SB right now it is absurd for me to get another 10 more of the same flavor atm. ( I reserve the atm bc you and I both know we change our minds like the wind changes directions :smile:)

I am curious if they are rebottling someone else’s product … never thought of them as doing this b4 you’d mentioned it. That would be real low of them if so. I hope not. I haven’t given up on them just yet.

http://www.diyvaporsupply.com/one-on-one/?sort=newest

:slight_smile:

I purchased 5 flavors, they sent me strawberry shortcake for free…from 5% -10% tastes like straight up VG, 20% is still very weak tasting, I keep thinking what I can add, but at 20% already? …I’m ready to ditch it, and even forget what I paid for, I just don’t wanna be bothered.

Ps…if you HIGHLY recommended this line, you kinda suck. I don’t remember where I read about 1o1, but when/as soon as I figure that out…

1 Like

IMO, they are VERY hit or miss. I mean, Marshmallow Vanilla, the yogurts, and Creamy Milky Undertones are incredible but then after trying those, 90% of the other ones are muted, weak, or taste nothing like they’re supposed to. They’re a couple hidden gems. Mostly only good for accents, not main flavors.

1 Like