Pink Grapefruit quest

for a true pink guava… keep it under .6% and for a pineapple, anything over .8%

You can check out this recipe I just released too, to see how I balanced everything.
This one will make your tongue curl! Mix it if you have all the flavors…

5 Likes

It’s like going to the university on that one! Just looking how you balanced everything it’s a study by itself! Amazing! :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Thanks @Iv3shf… I took it to the bar last night and yeah spot on! :smile:

4 Likes

Just SFT FA Grapefruit @3%… on a 50/50 with a 24 hours steep, but… nothing, some sweet citrus note but nothing more then that… a bit disappointed really, I expected a lot more from FA, which I love… but this one is a :-1:
Probably a longer steep and go up to 5% might give me a better idea, but still don’t think any grapefruit can come out of this one… it’ll get better, but I doubt it’ll “morph” :joy::rofl:
I’ll have to wait for the vape mail to come from chef’s…

4 Likes

That is sad… I used to use fa years ago, at most I ever mixed with it was 2% and even then… yeah… they might be diluting them down yet even more… who knows?

Will stick to my flavorah… #grateful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 versions have gone and here are the (maybe useless) reports of the first 3. Some general impressions:

Ecto Cooler: I almost trusted the net but halved the usual percentages and went to 2% instead of 4-5 or even 6%, still too strong and slightly harsh, on my last versions (done another 3 …) went to 1%

Pink Guava: @ 2% layered with the INW White Grapefruit at 2% - Too rindy, the INW WG covered completely the FLV, a disaster, lowered at 1.5 % and 1%.

Out of three versions one was decent and got slightly better after 10 days, one faded (probably muted… overdosed EC overdosed FLV, overdosed WG) and one was floral…
Mods: Added FA Grapefruit at 2% to improve the body and INW WG down to 1%

3 versions ( now steeping)

1. EC down to 0.5% added Koolada 0.2%, INW Juicy lemon 0.5% (it’s rindy but added some light sweetness), INW WG at 1% FLV PG 2%, Saline 0.2%

2. Added Cactus INW 0.4% EC 1%, FA Grapefruit 2%, Pink guava 1% INW WG 1% Saline 0.2%

3. FA grapefruit 2%, Pink Guava 1.5%, INW WG 1%, Saline 0.2% aaaannd INW Shisha Orange at 0.25%

First test (lick my thumb…) tells me that all three versions are in the right directions with different nuances and all three are good “Variations on a theme”, probably the closest grapefruit is the one with the Juicy lemon, no, I didn’t use FE Lemon, though I might try if it gets too rindy after steeping, but at the moment i want to stick to INW’s rindness and light sweetness… we’ll see

Your thoughts?

4 Likes

Where is the pink? :stuck_out_tongue: other than the “pink guava” what else have you tried ??

for me if I was adding pink… it’d be a combo of red raspberry and strawberry at a low low amount… say .4% each…, with the pink guava at around 1% :smiley:

I forgot what I said earlier on this thread… vacation is fantastic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll try the Pink Guava @… 1%! I’ll think about adding a reddish/pink touch. The point is that a real Pink Grapefruit has little orange in it ,that’s why I put in one of the three versions the shisha orange @.25.
The raspberry @.4 is a great idea, nice touch!! But wouldn’t expect anything less from you! Thank you!!

4 Likes

Im not familiar with the inw version… but I love love blood orange, tropical citrus (go easy with that one!), and of course the newest citrus soda… As with all flavors, pick the ones you enjoy the best! Keep your tongue happy! :smile:

4 Likes

Is not even for me, it’s for a friend of mine that can’t find a decent grapefruit e-juice in the market.
I’ve got the soda and that could be a nice addition!
the INW it’s a nice SC orange but make a mistake and you can flush it down the…

3 Likes

You were right the Raspberry was “THE” touch!! I had the INW put it @0.5% can feel the change from the first taste @ S&V.
Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Here we go with some results:

As you know it wasn’t for me, but it was a challenge with a mate of mine for a liquid that he couldn’t find off the shelves… so the final choice would have been his.
I started with about 10 recipes, out of those 10 testers, four where the ones I chose to take with me to have him test them:

The final 4 recipes from my point of view, were equally good, I loved the one with the Raspberry as @anon84779643 suggested, but I finished FLV’s so I used INW’s that’s a good raspberry as well)
The one he chose at the end of the story was the one closest to my original idea (you
know when you already know what to do) but the original idea, as it often happens (to me) is too strong and over flavoured so you have to tone it down…

I wanted to try FW’s Red ruby but couldn’t find it… maybe next time.

Anyway this is the recipe he chose as the best…. and the winner is:

I know I went high on the Pink Guava but the higher you go the more grapefruit you get, the lower you go it the truer it gets to its name, it’s Guavaish…

I want to thank everybody for their insights, thoughts and help.

@anon84779643, the Raspberry… I loved it @Letitia , at the end as you saw, I used that layer! @Pam10 as usual your lists are very comprehensive and helpful, thank you! @Cutlass92 hope that one of the above might help you find something you like @anon28032772 I’ll definitely try FW’s!
@woftam @Koningmafkees @jay210

Thank you all!

9 Likes

I’ll definitely have to include that Pink Guava on my shopping list. If only I could’ve read this 2 weeks ago when I placed my latest order :smiley:
Nice one, thanks for the update.

5 Likes

You wouldn’t have seen them, I only made them public today, after the verdict…
Buy it, if you want a grapefruit, it’s a must on the body layer, you won’t be disappointed…

Don’t know why the Emoji don’t work… everything else does.

4 Likes

It’s a different topic, but you can use them by typing a : and then typing your mood. It’s been broken for a while now :tired_face:

4 Likes

:wink: never knew that thanks

3 Likes

Weird, he did not pick a pink grapefruit… just a plain one… :stuck_out_tongue:
Happy you had fun playing… as for me, I still would have stuck at between 1% - 1.2% :smile:

3 Likes

Too true! I loved the V1 and V4 and both had P.G. at 1%, the V5 at 1.5 was a good one… ( my personal choice really…)
I didn’t say a word, letting him do his choice and he definitely chose the one with the strongest citrus notes.
I made the 50ml final for him but I left him the 4x10 ml tester bottles, I’m sure he’ll change his mind.

On my next order I’ll add the Red Ruby FW…

3 Likes