Pink Grapefruit quest

Now it’s my turn to ask the community for help…
A friend of mine asked has a crave for Pink Grapefruit and can’t find a suitable and realist liquid off the shelf.
But, as usual… ask your trusted mixologist… the point is… I never worked with grapefruits… :sweat:
Well I worked with citrus and the lot and a I’ve got a profile in my mind, but… would like to know your thoughts.

The basic idea to start with was:

TFA hpno
INW Juicy Lemon (extremely rindy from my point of view)
INW Cactus
Some kind of blood orange (got FA, INW Shisha and TFA blood orange or was it JF… can’t remember)
TFA Sour (or Mallic Acid)
Saline 0.9

I was just placing an order at chef’s aaaand… Hpno Out Of Stock

OMG plan B:

FLV Pink Guava
FA Champagne
INW Cactus
VTA Grapefruit??? or INW or FA?? but I need some grapefruit… haven’t got any.
Saline 0.9
Touch of sour…

But… is this going to be too sour? What grapefruit is fairly realistic? (that Chef has in stock…)

What can an alternative recipe be??
Should I think about adding Orange citrus by FLV??
Sooo many doubts, so I need your thoughts!

Thank you, Frank.

5 Likes

I’m going to watch this as I have zero experience with GF.

5 Likes

Telling me… :joy:

4 Likes

My only experience with Grapefruit is Flavormonks.
It is PG based so not suitable for everyone. Here are my notes on it:
Tested at 10 %
SNV: sweet tasting grapefruit, the real taste without the bitterness, at 10% not very strong as I experience with almost all fruitflavors from Flavormonks, what is there tastes great and natural, knuckle test, very sweet grapefruit also without bitterness
After 2 weeks: less sweet and a bit more bitter, still real grapefruit flavor, not very strong and a hint of orange

Notice that even at 10% it is not a strong flavor but in combination with others it might be ok.

5 Likes

Thank you for answering, i needed a strong grapefruit base, I’ll get the PINK as an accent… probably… let’s see how the 3d goes on, thank you @Koningmafkees

5 Likes

Have a crack at this it is a great vape you could certainly add some pink in there

5 Likes

MF Grapefruit…doesn’t get much more real than that

6 Likes

Another version of GF Yourself

5 Likes

I knew that… :joy:

Thank you, but can’t source it at chef’s!!:+1:

@woftam Great, didn’t search, my fault! You know that I never go on “The other Side”… but this is one is by Bob @SthrnMixer definitely take it as good suggestion!!!
Thank you!

4 Likes

@Cutlass92 worked a lot on grapefruits and cirtrus… let’s mention him as well…

5 Likes

Thank you, I still don’t have a recipe I absolutely love.

5 Likes

Let’s see if we can make a good 1… I think that the theory of the pink guava/cactus/champagne?/sour could work well

4 Likes

Yes, I’ll start putting some stuff together when I get home in a few days.

4 Likes

FA Citrus Mix should be an excellent candidate for the mix too. It’ll add a little bit of that citrus bitterness to it if you like it more real / less candy.

4 Likes

Yes, you’re right, my brain was derailing into something like that, thinking about FA citrus mix and FLV Orange citrus and similar things.
But still thinking about the grapefruit base FA/VTA/INW (chef’s hasn’t got FW Red Ruby grapefruit…)

My mate wanted something like a pink grapefruit drink/squash…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you! I’ll see what I can make out of my wishlist to Vapable…

5 Likes

All I can tell you is I’m smitten with INW white grapefruit & FLV pink guava, and like FA citrus mix. The inw is slightly acidic and has a nice feel on the tongue, not sweet per se but enough to tame it a touch. The flv is a nice grapefruit with a slight guava note. The fa is an additive that brings a slight acrid note to the table which I like.

5 Likes

@Letitia stop that!
I was aiming @ FA’s and now… you… you with INW (We all know INW fruits are good at the right percentages) and I was: FA or INW, FA or INW … FA, INW or VTA… and you also gave me the combo I was thinking… White grapefruit paired with Pink Guava…
I’ll check my stash coz I should have the citrus mix somewhere, bloody FA label colour fades … and I’m getting sick of making out what was in the bottle (biscuit picture that looks like an orange…or some yellowish thingy :joy:)

Thank you Letitia!! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

FLV Pink Guava… if used over .75% its just like grapefruit…
Brut bubble wine is some of the tightest bubbly champagne, and I do believe it is what is in Morning Mimosa too.
Cactus… (use dragonfruit at .6g)
Try Pucker FLV at .06g too…

5 Likes