Private Recipe Sneak Peek 2021

I think this is life lesson…and one that has been hard for me to learn in many areas, not just vaping or mixing.

5 Likes

The first version can’t be too bad, I left my favourite at work yesterday and have been on the lime all night and will take it to work now.
Of course not 100% but when it goes to work it’s normally a good sign. I’ll see how the smokers react, the really good ones get the comments in the smoking area.

6 Likes

Im testing the Condensed milk and seeing how high I can take it then gonna add Cutard Premium at 1 …Ill know more tonite or tmrw but im hoping the filling will be like the real one cindensed heavy with a cusyard backing it up instead of the other way around…Just a theory though

5 Likes

I like the sound of that theory, definitely sounds feasible :two_men_holding_hands::two_men_holding_hands::two_men_holding_hands::facepunch:

5 Likes

Have you got VTA Biscuit Base? I used that in combination with WF Shortbread Cookies in this strawberry cream. (a while since I played with SB)
A nice light biscuit coming through that doesn’t dominate the creams and strawberry.
I’ll give it a go with the lime next…

7 Likes

I want to say Yes but ill look this evening …looks Delicious

I HAVE IT …ill mix this shortly ty for sharing

6 Likes

Something a little different, see how it turns out. It licks nicely :drooling_face: The crumble topping I don’t normally use this high that was an error whilst mixing.

Built off your Macadamia and Red Date idea @Guido_Possum

8 Likes

Ya looks interesting…i am actually missing the VTA flaves :frowning:

5 Likes

Plum in front! The cake one was better I think but I’ve lost the bottle, so I can’t compare.
I’ll be tweaking this one, it’s close but not close enough :wink:

8 Likes

What’s an LBW @marsh8 ?

4 Likes

It’s a cricket term. Sorry I forgot cricket is not a world wide sport.

Leg Before Wicket and a slang term is Plum in front, hence the name

7 Likes

Glad I asked :grinning:

6 Likes

Red Date looks like something I should have in my arsenal. I was also looking for a good macadamia nut. @marsh8 thx for posting these. “In VTA We Trust” :eye::grinning: Not much notes on the Plum. How is it?

5 Likes

No problem, the red date came across as fairly strong to me and would easily dominate the mix if too heavy handed. I had a mix that I bent it into the closest I’ve had to raisins in a vape. I’ll see if I can dig that one up, it was better than the one with macadamia.
I still need to play with that macadamia some more but first impressions were good.

I really like it so far, still playing to find it’s best spot, but it’s close at 2% in a mix. It worked really well with the amaretto and in that mix it was a syrupy almost cooked plum.
One thing I want to try is pairing it with VTA Blood Plum, that’s another good plum.

Here’s that other mix I was talking about with the dates

6 Likes

I looked for a raisin flavor a long time ago to add to a bread pudding but no luck. Maybe this is something I can play with, thx.

5 Likes

Your a genius…Apple is the only thing i can think of that will be good with plum…I know the Flavor Pairing say other things but Apple makes so much sense

7 Likes

Apricot seemed to go alright, I forgot about this mix. The apricot comes over the top a fraction too much though.

7 Likes

This conversation prompted me to look for plum pairings. I will also be looking for plums on my next food shop. G’nite all. Pleasant dreams and happy plumming.

7 Likes

I’m thinking that Rhubarb and or Blackberry could work well with the plum. Haven’t decided which one I’ll try first.
Grape would be another but not a fan, although the new one from WF seems a lot better than others I’ve tried.

5 Likes
10 Likes