Private Recipe Sneak Peek 2021

I think i meant to use Raspberry Syrup not Jam…

4 Likes

Thanks bro :pray:

5 Likes

This reminds me more like cordial, you guys have a different name for it. Doesn’t come across like syrup you put on ice cream to me.

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Monin-Raspberry-Cocktails-Lemonades-Gluten-Free/dp/B004LKAO2E/ref=asc_df_B004LKAO2E/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241895447499&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9530894691101919039&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1027669&hvtargid=pla-569509689082&psc=1

2 Likes

Yeah that looks similar to what I meant

4 Likes

Is the Strawberry Jam supposed to be cloudy like this?

I shook the piss out of the bigger bottle bought directly from One on One, it is one of those obscure bottles so this is the first time I have seen it in a clear bottle.

7 Likes

Ya and i looked it was Rasp Jam not the Syrup , Syrup is SSA right ?..The Rasp Jam smells good .What dont you like about it . I am SFT it now

4 Likes

Yeah mine is too. Comes through in the mix as well, took me a couple of mixes to isolate it as the jam.

5 Likes

Yeah syrup is SSA, the raspberry jam I probably should go back to again. It has been a while.

5 Likes

I’m not too fussed over this VTA Raspberry Jam flavour either, it seems to have a very artificial note and I don’t mean in a sweets/candies style sense but more of a chemical compound type and it just doesn’t sit right with me. I have picked it out in what would have been two nice recipes but they were spoiled by this off note that I detect.

6 Likes

I never bought the WF Jam Scone flavour due to the negative reviews about it and I haven’t seen many recipes that use it either. You are the first person to mention it in a positive light so I may just have to try it for myself.:thinking:
Edit. there has been a couple of more promising reviews in the notes section since I last looked up this flavour.

6 Likes

It gets a fair way by itself at 2-3%. I was adding a bit of philly butter cake, vta sweet cream and ooo strawberry jam.
It was what I’d call a 95% there recipe with only 4 concentrates.

7 Likes

Hi mjag. I’m not in this conversation but just happened to see this. I have other OOO that are cloudy. It was Honey Puffs.

3 Likes

That’s weird, I have ooo honey puffs too and it is clear. Thanks for chiming in Muth!

3 Likes

Ok, the strawberry jam is clear today…maybe it’s a magic trick :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I like the sounds of that :wink: Thank you Marge for the info on this flavour, I would have missed out on it had you not bought it up in this thread.

4 Likes
6 Likes

First time using SSA cinnamon apple pie but just based on smell knew it needed help. Used the game changer on it yesterday and today it is tasty :grin:

Might not need SS but it does help it pop a little more. Went with cinnamon danish swirl over CAP cinnamon sugar which was what I was going to initially use. Wanted more of a bakery cinnamon and it fits nicely. Overall this is well balanced which is what I was hoping for. Hope it stays as good if not better down the line, going to make a bigger bottle now.

15 Likes

Been on a pineapple kick of late, pushed this pair a bit more than I would normally, we’ll see…

10 Likes

This looks very nice @marge8 and I might try it for myself but without the lime if that’s okay with you. How long should I steep it for please?

7 Likes