Profile RDA users help!

Is fine… kinda hard to see thru a monitor or screen :wink:

I do hope you are enjoying them… just finished yet another donut and playing with the idea of juice boxes :wink: After going thru 5 yrs of tanks rdas and more… honey do chores loll… :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at that profile rta. I’m tired of having to change out 3-5 ml of liquid to taste a flavor I’m not sure I’m going to like.

4 Likes

I just can’t recommend it enough. I’ve been vaping a looong time, and it is without a doubt the best flavor, best ‘floofy’ clouds, and easiest build I’ve ever used in any rebuildable. Airflow and draw is like silk. You can pick them up inexpensively now, too. If you grab one, I suggest you try the OFRF mesh, instead of the Wotofo. And if you’re a TC vaper, OFRF mesh just came out with a SS version… I’m waiting on my delivery of the SS now. I do have to say the Kylin M (mesh tank, uses the same OFRF strips) is great, though… a very close second, which is pretty awesome for a tank. But for tasting, dripping, squonking… Profile all day long.lol There’s a really great thread here where we’re tossing questions back forth…if you end up picking up Profile, track me down and I’ll hunt it up for you. Oh, and for tasting… the sally beauty rayon (yell if you need link) is divine. It doesn’t get as gunky or hold flavors quite like the cotton imo, so I love it for tasting. Half time I don’t even worry about rewicking, just plop one flavor on top of another. After a few puffs, it vapes pretty clean w new flavor. Just me being lazy. rofl

5 Likes

I went and got one.
I have to see what I’m doing wrong.
I thought I built it pretty good. Wet the coils after trimming, tucked them down, all of course after doing the fire test… .
Burnt tasting.
Lil help?

3 Likes

Uh oh.
Don’t laugh at me.
I think I need to go into my menu on my geekvape legend and switch to a different mode.
I know nothing about this stuff. I just screwed it onto my mod that had a falcon tank on it and got after it.
I think I need to go in the part of the menu (which I’ve thus far ignored!) that offers different selection like metals and temperature control etc.
Okay so I’m bumbling.
Call me Mr Magoo.

3 Likes

If you need wicking help go here and go to post 33. Best flavor rdas Let me know if you need any help. I’ve been vaping for at least 6 weeks without changing the rayon using this method. The mesh isn’t that dark at all and no off flavors yet.

3 Likes

I need help knowing how to set my mod.
Its a geekvape legend that I’ve been using with traditional tanks and coils (beast or baby beast) at 60-70 watts.
I put this profile thing on there and it fires the coil and I get chemical campfire with a hint of the flavor I’m dripping.
Am I supposed to be on temperature mode, and setting my “coil type” for a certain type of metal based on the wotofo mesh, which doesn’t say what it is?
I’m willing, per oddmod’s and your suggestion, to get rayon, and also willing to try and find OFRF screens (whatever that is), but shouldn’t I be not getting pure ass even when I vape now?

2 Likes

I suggest just use watt mode for now. Start at 30w and just work your way up in 5w increments. Once you begin to find a range then step it down to 2w increments.

At this moment I have 4 Profiles and 1 Unity running. I use rayon for the RDAs and cotton for the Unity. They need to be wicked differently. However, in my experience, using too much of either will be problematic, mainly in tails. The body has to be tight in order to keep contact at all times with the mesh. But too much tail, especially with rayon, will actually impede flow to the body. So, get a piece of paper and write down how you wick it. You’ll eventually zero in on what works. The Profile is an established ass-kicking RDA, so the problems users are having are coming from their end, not Wotofo’s.

5 Likes

I’ll find the goldilocks zone.
I was trying it at like 55-60 watts.
Apparently I was too high.
I mean, my mod was too high.
I’ll start at 30 like you said.
And try not to get too high too fast.

5 Likes

lmao we’ve all been Mr. Magoo at one point in our vaping journey… don’t worry.

A little about the mesh strips for Profile:

You mentioned TC mode… The standard Wotofo and OFRF strips are Kanthal, so they won’t work in Temperature Control mode. However, OFRF has recently come out with SS316 mesh, in the same convenient lil strips. I can’t wait… mine is on way to me now from China. SS316 mesh will work for many mods in TC mode.

Guys, do most of us universally use Profile with OFRF strips? I personally think they’re MUCH more satisfying than the Wotofo ones, but not sure if that’s just my preference, or if most of us feel that way.

Also, some of us are using : “Vandy Vape Mesh Wire” in SS316, which comes on a spool of 5 feet. Its graded, I believe 200-400. Its not my fave, but many of us are using that in the 200 grade as well, in TC mode. That’s definitely the most economical.

But generally in Wattage mode, whether you’re using the Kanthal strips by Wotofo or OFRF or any of the above SS316 mesh options, you’ll be fine. My personal pref is for the OFRF mesh, though.

Also, you mentioned ‘chemically’ hit… def start at 30 watts and work up, as @Natbone says. And if you’re still getting that ‘fried metal’ horrible hit, try to rewick it like this.

Deerslayer’s method is here, post 37 of 83, with photos, which help.

When I follow his wicking instructions with the top/bottom split wicking, bottom cut to width of the coil I get the most lovely saturated ‘full and fluffy’ very flavorful vape, ever. I also use this method on a number of other RTA/RDA… it just works great.

Deerslayer uses rayon, which is now my preference as well. More about rayon in that thread if you need it… but cotton also works using same method. Something about having most of the cotton directly under the coil, but the sides much thinner for wicking is outstanding. And the rayon is great for me… super economical and stays nice and clean, doesn’t get as ‘gunked up’ as cotton.

Let us know if you’re still having issues, though. Profile is an outstanding RDA, but you do need to wick it properly or mesh gives a really nasty dry hit. It also seems to behave a little differently than my traditional coil devices so don’t be surprised if your wattage ‘sweet spot’ ends up lower than on a traditional sub-ohm tank or RDA.

3 Likes

I haven’t used any OFRF mesh at all. I use the wotofo kanthal and the Vandy Vape Ni80. May have to try the SS OFRF strips sometime in the future.

2 Likes

Wow that’s all great information.
I will watch deerslayers wick method and look into Rayon, though I think ill get pretty good results just turning it down and wicking optimally, and then go from there.
Thanks so much.
I’ll check back in see how it goes.

5 Likes

Good luck. Hope you get her going.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh.
Well, I don’t know why I didn’t think of this the night I debuted this thing, but now that I have it turned it down to 28.9, it fires with little popping, and throws out a cloud unlike any I’ve seen before.
Thank you so much everyone for your help.
Its embarrassing to need help, but so satisfying when you find it.
Much thanks!
I am clearly going to turn into a dripper snob.
Not really. But this is going to be a preference going forward, at least for home sessions.
I can see this being a flavor tester as well, by placing enough cotton to carry the flavor (much like Dan the mans video from the other day, and quick change to try out my flavors without waiting for the coil run through, which has really hindered my sft and other testing.
I’m delighted!

3 Likes

I took off the spring part and put on a traditional coil, and it’s worked out great for me. Never got into the whole mesh culture.

4 Likes

I watched a Nick Dumas video about something he calls DuMesh. I decided to make one.

10 Likes

Dude! That is so freaking awesome. I saw that video as well and just knew there was no way I could make one. How was the vape?

6 Likes

I thought it vaped pretty good but not awesome. The resistance was super low as well. Dumas used 10x31ga kanthal cores (36ga N80 Clapton wraps)but I didn’t have any. Mine was (kA1)10x30/36ga(N80) instead. I made a different variation today which works a lot better IMO. I went with 12x32/38ga all kanthal, and I cut it longer length wise. It’s at .09Ω which I’m way more comfortable with :+1:.

This one’s much more enjoyable, but I’m using 75-80W. The original was fine from 65-70W. I’m gonna keep tweaking my formula to see what happens…

Edit, lol at that quick wick job. Looks funny to me in that last photo. Didn’t notice that before :laughing:.

6 Likes

yeah it does, but if it works, who cares?
Your skills are impressive my friend. I’m jealous!

6 Likes

Well, you never fail to amaze me with your skills. That’s damn cool right there!

7 Likes