Random Moderator Thoughts & Welcome to Kinnikinnick

Firstly I would Like to welcome @Kinnikinnick to the moderator group cheers mate great to have you on board.

A couple of random things of late a few threads have gone so far into the weeds by way of derailing it is impossible to bring them back, please if it is possible to try to keep your posts relevant to the topic as it makes it impossible to sort it all out without making threads that are even more disjointed.

Here are some tips that may help - if you want to reply to a post but feel it will take the topic off track please feel free to use the ‘reply as linked topic’ - this will not only help keep threads in line but it will link your reply so people can follow that conversation in a new thread is they so choose. It would help us out immensely and save a bunch of time for the Mod team.

As smoky mentioned in another thread there are two reply buttons that have different functions the reply to post will notify the poster that you replied to them.

Please if you are unsure of any of the functions on the forum you should send a Private message to discobot and it’ll walk you through basic site functionality. Send a message that says
@discobot start new user for the new user tutorial or
@discobot start advanced user for the advanced user tutorial.

On a more important note, everybody should have read

If you have not please do so now.

Please pay particular attention to

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

Name-calling.
Ad hominem attacks.
Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
Knee-jerk contradiction.
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

Over the last few weeks this has been ignored by many and it has to stop - in times past things were left to run a little as we are a passionate bunch who heat up and cool down in the space of a post. This approach is going to change if there is a personal attack in a post that is seen by the mod team it will be deleted. If you see one please help us out and flag it bringing it to our attention.

We are not here to fight we are here to learn/teach/have fun if you have a problem with a particular person take it to a PM or ignore them. The people of the forum do not need or want to see dirty laundry aired in public.

Thanks for reading now back to your regularly scheduled programming
Cheers

28 Likes

YAY !!
@Kinnikinnick can have the left corner of the couch. I’m moving to the floor with my pillows. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Thank you @woftam

6 Likes

Congratulations @Kinnickinnick !!!

9 Likes

Well deserved @Kinnikinnick :100: :boom: :dizzy:

7 Likes

Will @Kinnikinnick have any sort of duties over on the recipe side?

2 Likes

No we dont have access to any of the recipe side functions

2 Likes

That’s a bummer. But then again not surprising.

3 Likes

@Kinnikinnick Congrats Jim!!!

Very happy to see you with a shield. :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Interestingly, if you know that you are going to post something off topic, you can actually choose to reply to a new thread - this is called a “Linked topic”. In the reply window click the arrow:

Then choose “Reply as linked topic”:

Just thought I’d chime in. Welcome to @Kinnikinnick! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Ya that is the one I meant to have highlighted but I missed :rofl:

8 Likes

Hahha sorry, I skimmed your post and only now realized that you were explaining that very function. I apologize! :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

In my defense, it’s late, I am tired and relaxing with a glass of rum (and watching Doctor Sleep) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Conga-rats Jim! You deserve it my friend.

8 Likes

Mange Tak :grinning:

3 Likes

100% agree we all have thoughts about how to do things, and everyone has the right to talk about theirs. Welcome @Kinnikinnick glad to have a reasonable head around to keep things calm, cool and collected. We all teach differently and that should be celebrated because different people learn in different ways. There is no right or wrong way. We are all just making eliquid and should be enjoying ourselves. DIY Do it Yourself …Pretty much says everything … much love

8 Likes

Welcome home @Kinnikinnick, wear that shield proudly :grin:

8 Likes

Bravo @woftam and Congrats @Kinnikinnick !
One thing I would like to add is that there is a badge issued for reading the Community Guidelines

4 Likes

Yup! :grinning:

3 Likes