Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

im researching lol and to be honest ill probably pull the trigger this week , i will have a couple questions though :wink:

2 Likes

what i meant was what are beta flavors ? why arent they in with the SC line and why are they cheaper im assuming bc they are beta they are New and not a permanent part of the line yet

1 Like

Beta flavors are new and upcoming flavors that are in the first part of development. While normally they are not ready to launch, they are pretty close. It allows you to try some new items before they are officially released. As for the priceā€¦ I am stupid and marked the prices like they are VG instead of SCā€¦ My fault, your gain HAHA.

6 Likes

awesome thank you for the explanation , i look forward to trying your product in the very near future

5 Likes

has anyone tried the trix or fruity pebbles flavors ?

1 Like

First impressions based on smell:

7 Likes

I did my apple and white chocolate testers at 1.5%. The apple I probably could have went lower, and the WC I could have probably went higher.

I adapted @BoyHowdy filthy fritter recipe and decided to go with apple instead of berry and you can see from my notes I should have went lower on the apple:

Filthy Fritter V1 (RFSC)
1.50% Apple (Real Flavors)
0.75% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

sub strawberry or apple for yumberry
21Jan - lower apple I think and increase the others a bit to compensate

The above was mixed on 07Jan. The apple did blend in and become a bit more subdued after more steeping but I still think I could go lower on it. Next I want to try that recipe with strawberry.

Here is my adaption of @Pugs1970 white mice rice recipe and the White Chocolate comes through quite nice at just 0.9% but it is possibly being helped along by the rice krispy, cream and marshmallow. This was mixed on 07Jan (and I still have some left down in the lab, and love it) and notice how my feelings on this one changed significantly between the 2 and 4 week steeped tasting notes.

White mice rice (RFSC)
1.50% Rice Krispy Treat (Real Flavors)
0.90% White Chocolate (Real Flavors)
0.70% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Caramel Original DX (TFA)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

Replace DX Caramel with RF later

• 21Jan - flavor is a bit light, not sure if I should try upping total, lowering total or keep about same but lower rice krispy and increase the others
  • 04Feb - pretty damn tasty, need to mix more
7 Likes

So a comparison for us that do not have paczki is somewhat like zeppola you think?

2 Likes

Not sure if you knew but the DX caramel has corn syrup in it. I never had much luck with that flavor not because of the corn syrup but because its just too light. I donā€™t use it so Iā€™ll give it to my friends who wonā€™t use it either.:grinning:

1 Like

Honestly i didnt even know what that one was until i looked it up when you posted the question. Of course now it is going on this wish list, hehe.

All of the packziā€™s i have had were very jelly filled, being the dominant flavor, with a nice donut and sugar drizzle on top. The smell of this one seems spot on.

5 Likes

About how low % would you suggest? In my experiments with RF bakery stuff, I hover around .5 to 1%. Be very cautious when eating a filled Bismarck donut at night while driving. If you donā€™t start eating at the fill hole, a huge glob of filling will end up on the steering wheel and your hand will too. I had raspberry filling on nearly everything by the time I got home. Thanks for the tasting notes, I should have picked up a bottle when I made another gigantic order. God Iā€™m an idiot

4 Likes

Hehe, all this donut talkā€¦ MmmM! I know what we are doing for breakfast tomorrow!

Im not really sure were ill start with this one but im getting ready to mix up the rest of these in singles in just a bit here, im waiting on the wife as she wanted to mix her new stuff as well. Id say .5%-1% might be a good starting point based on smell.

I dont think you are an idiot at all, i certainly wish i had a bit more self control when it came to my hobbies.

4 Likes

Soā€¦you and the wife will be driving and eating filled donuts? Enjoy! I should have picked up the paczki but I had no real idea on what it is. Thanks to you I do now and should have picked one up. Ur the greatest!

4 Likes

Wonder if the paczki is made as a SA? Please keep us posted on your findings. Because Iā€™m brain dead from this work week, Iā€™m not feeling the creativity today on what I can do with this new flavor or FA wow or even zeppola. So I guess Iā€™m stumped. I could do something with a SC fried dough because itā€™s a donut base but how to incorporate a fruit flavored donut flavor into something I have no idea as of right now.

1 Like

How i am entering these:

Flavor (SC BETA) (Real Flavors)

Want to keep us on the same page for notes and %'s. Hope this works for everyone.

4 Likes

I did not know but it is the only caramel I have at the moment and I hate to waste flavorsā€¦ Maybe I should just put up the whole lot of non-RF flavors up for sale/trade so I can order all the (70 or 80 lol) RF SC flavors I want!!!

4 Likes

Make a milkshake with it :grinning: ( real one not a juice)

4 Likes

too many carbs lol

maybe I could use it in some honey green tea?

3 Likes

Zeppola is excellent, ive only done 1 mix with it so far but it turned out very well :ok_hand:šŸ–’

1 Like

I didnā€™t mean it in a bad way mister and sorry it came off like that. Honest. Iā€™m actually surprised you were able to use it in the way you did as after 63 tries with it I gave up.

2 Likes