Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I must of missed that thread… I know it was talked about that after mixing, some people leave the cap off of the mixed juice (I sometimes will do that if I use a frother to help the air dissipate from the frothed mix (re-leaving air pressure due to the bottle not holding everything in status (or so my mind has lead me to believe))). But as @Walt_RealFlavors has stated before, there isn’t really very much alcohol in the actual ingredients to necessitate it requiring much in the way of evaporation of any volatiles.

5 Likes

that discussion was IRL, and one on irc, so, i’m not suprised you missed it…

But thank you for pointing out what walt said, I am really behind on my forum browsing, and don’t have the time to get caught up!! :+1:

3 Likes

Id like to put this into context. @zerohimself was getting some harsh notes because he was mixing these and vaping them just an hour or so after mixing. He just got a bazillion new flavors and was very excited to try them, who hasnt been there, right? hehe. Since i havent encountered harsh notes at a week, when testing, i assumed that he might be sensitive to the minute levels of alcohol in the flavorings so i suggested he might premix the flavorings to allow any alcohol in them to evaporate as telling him to wait a few days to vape them wasnt getting through. Again totally understandable.

4 Likes

My bad @Ken_O_Where,I misunderstood our conversation, i expected harsh notes upon tasting that night… I thought you were saying that they were a little more persistent and was suggesting that to try to help cure it a little better. :slight_smile:

That exact reason is why i want to test at intervals of 48hrs, (maybe 10 ten days), 1 week, 2 week, 4 weeks… to see how well they have blended / steeped, and we can see how it has progressed.

4 Likes

I try and wait a week to sample my testers now but I still find myself testing many of them the next day cuz I just can’t wait to test new flavors/recipes, even now that I have 2 liters of steeped juice in the cabinet. The longer you can wait the better IMO but there is nothing wrong with testing them 24 - 48 hours after mixed, as long as the testers are big enough to last you so you can still test them 3 and 4+ weeks down the road. This is part of the reason I just go ahead and do 20ml testers. When I finally get bored of testing single flavors I will combine multiple single flavor testers (I even do this with recipe testers) into a larger bottle to vape on in a tank/dripper. I was doing this with so many RF SC SF testers I ended up with 4 different 100ml+ mixes of testers (I was testing 24 flavors I ordered all at once so 4 bottles with 6 flavors in each) that are now in the steeping cabinet.

2 Likes

FWIW Walt posted that RF flavors should not be breathed before steeping - I cant find it now to directly quote him.

3 Likes

alright, no breathing of any sort then… TY for the input

1 Like

You may be talking about this…

This was followed by another question by me…
“A quick question, would you (by you I mean a person mixing e-liquid), lose much or any of the flavor via evaporation if the mix is allowed to air out the alcohol over the 24 hour period? I would think it would be best just to allow the alcohol to dissipate from separating to the empty space within the bottle it is being mixed in then after a day to just uncap the bottle and gently squeeze out the dead air (and the alcohol that had been collected in that area) instead of just leaving the bottle open for everything to evaporate naturally including the flavoring…?”
To which @Walt_RealFlavors responded with…
“If it is stored at the right temperature the flavor should not come out but what you just said is the best way to deal with that small amount. Some people do not leave any space in their bottles and do not know that when you buy a 30ml bottle, it is reallllllllly 33ml or around that for a reason”

4 Likes

I noticed when mixing 120-240 ml mixes I could taste the alcohol. I guess it’s the volume of alcohol in the larger volume mixes. Once I breathe them overnight I didn’t notice any alcohol taste.

5 Likes

Ah found it

1 Like

I thought I was getting fading flavor also, but I come find that some flavors were being masked by other flavors I mixed with them. They didn’t fade in every case… including during the breathing process.

3 Likes

I’ve come to find that there’s learning curve with the SC RFs, just as is with most vendors flavors. TBH I’m still in the learning phase as most of us are.

6 Likes

Ya i see the same thing have found that some of the flavors steep really strong and drown out others - condensed milk is a strong steeper and I have had mixes where it appears to fade other lighter flavors - just a case of playing with the % i guess

3 Likes

I thought WOW when I saw this. But I don’t question others preferences though.

2 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors the Butterfinger SC beta has to be added as a regular line flavor, I love it.

Tried it at 1.5% and it is delicious, I then tried upping the % to 2.25% but maybe it needs more steeping or it is just too much as the flavor is not the same. At 1.5% I really like it but was hoping the flavor would pop a little more, I shold have probably gone up to 1.75%, will try that next time.

The Fried Twinkie SC beta is also good, tried it to start at 2% since it didn’t smell too strong. Tasty but pretty laid back, looks to be more of a flavor to mix with instead of standalone unless you like subtle flavor. This flavor I would love to see in the normal line up as well. The smell of it is very familiar, sort of reminds me of FW Yellow Cake which I stopped using as it is a coil killer. The Fried Twinkie is sweeter than yellow cake though but not as pronounced, maybe a higher percentage might work better?

Still trying to figure out Bread Pudding, so far at 1.5% not really matching what I remember of the VG version, maybe it just needs more steeping.

The Bread Pudding 2 and French Toast 2 Beta’s are not really passing my sniff test, I know they both use a different cinnamon than the originals but they both smell off. If anyone has gotten the Beta Bread Pudding 2 and French Toast 2 can you comment on the smell you get and if you have mixed with them yet?

4 Likes

What percentage do you use Condensed Milk at and what are your thoughts on how it steeps?

I haven’t really gotten into CM much yet but the few times I have used it has been 1 to 2%

2 Likes

It’s a good cream, but it doesn’t rank at the top of my list for creams.

6 Likes

I have both on order and will be mixing SF testers as soon as they arrive. I plan to test all 7 betas I ordered at 1.5% currently but that could change based on your notes and any other notes on them that get posted before I receive them. Sorta wishing I had ordered them for will call so I could just drive up to RF tomorrow and grab them. My next big order I eventually place will def be will call so I can hopefully meet @Walt_RealFlavors in person.

5 Likes

#Walterwhite #HiezenbergDIY

2 Likes

Its done ive finally broke down and placed my first order , im sure ill be happy , unless the package doesnt have one of those light up pens :wink:

3 Likes