Rebuildable pods

Is anyone using rebuildable pods? I’m getting sick of buying new pod cartridges when I know I could be saving money by rebuilding. What have you tried? Likes dislikes? I’d love to hear about anyone’s experiences!

4 Likes

I have the Smoant Pasito RBA head on the way but it will be a couple of weeks. A friend of mine really likes the RBA section though, that is what convinced me to buy the Pasito. I hear it is a pain to build though but hey, I got more time than money :wink:

So far I really like the Pasito using the .60 ohm coil. The Smok Trinity Alpha might hold a flavor advantage but it is close. I also have the Geekvape Frenzy, Sxmini Mi pod using the new cotton pods, Uwell Caliburn and did a review of 9 pods a while back. The Smoant Pasito is the only one I know of with a rebuildable section though.

3 Likes

Haha I don’t have quite enough of either, but I’m with you! I’d rather spend a little time tinkering than keep spending too much money. Pods aren’t my adv choice anyway so it should be tolerable. Definitely lmk how that rba head works out for you, I’m very interested.

3 Likes

Let me apologise in advance since I’m sort of going to sidetrack your thread (just a little :wink: ) I have a IPHA Zing pod system that is not designed to be a rebuildable but makes pretty easy work of it. I still need to get some small enough wire as the coil has to be in the same resistance range as the original since the battery has no adjustment. I did a test using the 24ga. wire I have on hand and it was quite easy to take apart, coil, wick, and put back together. It wouldn’t fire though since the resistance was way off. I mention this though because the Zing is sooo good! Fantastic flavor and cloud! I will be rebuiding mine and I will be reporting on this forum sometime in the future. Full disclosure, I won my IPHA Zing from @Heaven_Gifts

4 Likes

Cool, I’m down for a little hack! Tag me if you remember once you post about it!

A question regarding clouds. Have you tried a high pg juice with that pod? I’m wondering about leaking problems with a thinner, high pg liquid. I usually use pods with high pg (90p/10v) for stealth vaping so clouds (unfortunately!) aren’t desirable.

2 Likes

you can get RBA sections for SXK Billet Boxes, theres a few options for them… Aside from that, I think the pasito is the only other one, but I hear that the dotmod AIO will be getting one in a couple months.

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll check those out. :+1:

2 Likes

@Ths1MxrChk I did the opposite. I tried it with high VG, ~85%. I’ve also used 50/50 but nothing else.

3 Likes

@Ths1MxrChk. These are all rebuildable pods but I’ve not used any of them

Vapefly-Jester

Squid-Industries-Squad-Pod

Smoant-Pasito

4 Likes

I normally rebuild the JF minifit for my wife, not even an issue… I know it’s not one of the best but it fares all right, it’s cheap and I really hope that it’ll help my wife quit analogues!! The Pasito is a good choice but a bit fiddly on the rebuildable deck…

4 Likes

I bought a Pasito for my GF the 3rd pod system we tried even tried the Orion Dna one so far she has liked the Pasito the best cause of the flavor it gives I bought a extra pod an 2 RBA decks so she has one all set while we swap out the other and I can build the one taken out I been useing kanthal wire since its the less wraps for the small deck at 2 MM ID target ohm has been at .65 at 6 wraps the trick is to have long leads to feed the post holes and then with needle nose snug them up tight

try to get the legs as short as u can it takes a few times before u sorta perfect the way …
now on the wicking I just cut the wick to the bottom of the threads leaving an space below it …I use rayon also so it wicks very fast…

I have tried the set up a few times and have to say the flavor is top notch its no real cloud machine but she is into getting the flavor…

all in all for the under 30.00 for the mod package an extra pod an rba decks (extra cost) it was well worth it

Oh the supplied coils are nice also she likes the ,6 ohms coils the best so thats what i been making I am still playing with different coils like N80 wire but have not yet tried them

its a very nice system for the money beats the higher priced ones

5 Likes

I’d definitely recommend the Justfog Minifit if you are looking for a cheap pod system that has pods that you can rewick/recoil without too much trouble. My first Minifit is still going strong after a year. I usually rewick the pods a few times before I replace the coils in them. You can get the system and a 3 pack of pods for $23 shipped in the states…Think they have a UK site too.

https://www.electrictobacconist.com/just-fog-minifit-p5073

4 Likes

Using Smoant Pasito currently for about 2 weeks, and I must say it’s a total win with RBA. I’m using 28 AWG simple SS for the coil of 2mm, maybe I’ll try 26 AWG some time, but it’s more than ok the way it is now. It reminds me of good old days walking with Kanger’s subtank :smile: flavor is awesome

5 Likes

I finally got some appropriate wire to do the rebuild.

IPHA Zing POD rebuild post

3 Likes

Thunder Head Creations (THC) has a rebuildable pod coming out soon that looks pretty cool. Didn’t get a chance to try it but liked what I saw.

5 Likes

I haven’t tried them yet, but I just received an order of Justfog Minifits and extra pods, yesterday. I caught a 35% off Labor Day sale at ejuices.com. I got 10 minifits for $9.10 ea, and four of the 3 packs of pods for $5.75 ea.

I’ve heard very good feedback on the Minifits, and the fact they can be rebuilt sold me on them. I’ve been trying to get the wife to switch to vaping for a few years (gently, no pressure) and she’s starting to respond positively. Maybe the upcoming winter, and smoking on the back porch has something to do with it… lol.

She doesn’t want anything ‘big & clunky’ (her words), so I thought the Minifit might be just the ticket, to get her started. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Wow that’s a nice haul! I’d recommend using a juice with VG no higher than 50/50 as it really helps with the wicking and prevents dry hits that can melt the encasing around the coil which will make it more difficult to rebuild.

This is a great tutorial on tearing down the pod, dry burning and rewicking it:

4 Likes

Thanks for the VG/PG tip & link. I’m a low power / 30 ga coils vaper, and mix 60/40 VG/PG, so the slight adjustment to 50/50 will still be right up my alley.

I’m looking forward to trying it out!

4 Likes

Ejuices.com is now having a Recovery from Labor Day Sale…with 25% off sitewide. The code is: RECOVER25 .

Minifits & Pods

4 Likes