Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I was thinking the same thing but didn’t like to ask hahaha!!!

5 Likes

I think it would mean what you are thinking :kangaroo:
:poop:

Type 7

5 Likes

Type 7? Please forgive my ignorance but what does this refer to in regard to my post lol?

4 Likes

Do you have a favorite caramel? I ask because your recommendation on the Toffee I.C. with VSO Espresso worked well for me but am still looking for a caramel to make a Caramel Macchiato. Btw, have you tried VTA Hard Crack Toffee?

ETA: I just did an extensive search on the Hard Crack and have come to the conclusion that the English Toffee (VTA) is the better choice.

5 Likes

Butterscotch (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – First one, second series on deck !!! How many Butterscotches have I tried ?? Probably all of them, and most have their plusses and minuses, with probably MF’s being the top current pick for comparison. This one came across as a somewhat more relaxed flavor @ 1%, so it’s possible stepping it up, might pull it forward more, but it was quite good, even at 1%. This one didn’t hit you as hard up front (relaxed), but you could feel the sweetness and buttery-ness begin to build on the inhale, and it peaked near the end of the exhale. Almost a meshing of a buttery, caramely-ness that carried through most of the vape. Because it was more relaxed, it was harder to pick certain elements out, and it def. was not a candied BS, and therefore left it firmly in the more natural camp. Very clean, very authentic, and further testing above 1% will have to be done to see if it can be pulled more forward. For a somewhat relaxed, more natural tasting BS, this one does it right. No real take-offs, off notes, etc., and sweetness was about mid level. Somewhat subdued @ 1%, but very good none the less. 8/10 .

10 Likes

Ripe Coconut (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – I know I’ve said this before, but there are some really bad coconuts out there, some are oily, some are suntan lotion-y, and some are almost floral. It is never without hesitation that a new coconut is tested hehe. Great news is, this is one of the good ones. NONE of the aforementioned notes, characteristics, or attributes in this one. It does appear hard to make a rich, full, accurate Coconut without it pushing into suntan lotion-ville, but somehow, Sobucky did it. Very, full, rich, and almost (not totally) creamy coconut here, that came across as quite natural without any candied aspects, or off-putting notes. It was plenty full @ 1%, and you could probably go a little higher or lower as needed, and what I really liked about this one (beyond the obvious) was that it smelled exactly like it did in the tank, as vaping it. I have had countless flavors wherein they smell great in the tank, but when vaping are NOT the same lol. Presented as a very even mix of almost the milk, flesh, and you could almost detect some flakes in there !!! Chainvaping it didn’t reveal any issues or changes, which was nice. Overall, a very rich and full, natural coconut that didn’t lean to candied, that was mid-level sweet, and non-fatiguing. Your personal tastes may dictate whether or not you mix at, above, or below my testing weight. Did directly contemplate running to mix up a Coconut Cream Pie and a Dragon’s Blood, BUT, after I get through all these testers. 9.4/10.

10 Likes

Thanks for the reviews mate, they are always greatly appreciated. I am so pleased to hear that this is a good coconut flavour and will have to pick it up on my next order until I can get my hands the elusive Delosi Coconut here in the U.K.(pigs may fly)

5 Likes

Hehe @Lucas_James_Holden, you’re very welcome, and I wish I had a way to get you some of the Delosi, because I would be very interested to hear what you thought of it.

4 Likes

I would not say I have a stand out favourite, and the ones that I do prefer, I’m not sure they would work in this scenario. They are more likely to sit through the mix.
Do want to play with the SSA Caramel Milky Fudge some more this weekend, the other one I got recently that needs some more testing is WF Milk Caramel Candy

Wasn’t sure what this was so google told me, am I correct in thinking that you want a caramel to sit on top? Like this picture suggests…

I have, it does have a coffee note and I found it one of those super strong flavours, but haven’t tried it like this.

6 Likes

That is difficult if not impossible thing to accomplish is a Vape Liquid…At least imo especially with a flavor like Caramel

6 Likes

Oh no, not at all. But I would like the caramel to be present throughout the vape. My experience with caramel flavored mixes is that they usually make their presence known quickly and maybe trail off in the end revealing any vanilla that may be added such as in RY4s. I very much like how the Toffee Ice Cream (VTA) you recommended stays with the coffee all the way through. Very impressed with that one, thank you.

5 Likes

I like my caramel before, during and after…and after I’ve gone to bed :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Not a problem, happy that it works for you too!

If I were to boost the caramel vibe in the TIC, VTA Honeycomb would be my choice. Another one that works well in the coffee mixes (not a caramel) but adds another dimension is WF Crispy Wafer this likes coffee!

6 Likes

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – Another FIRST for me, as I have NEVER solo’d a Bubble Gum before, so your mileage may vary. I typically have countless flavors to make comparisons to, contrasts, rankings, etc., so breaking new ground. In the tank this one smelled, well, almost exactly like your typical American Bubble Yum. No fruit flavorings, just good old pink Bubble Gum. At times it wandered around, but never really left it’s profile. Having used BG’s a lot, mostly pairings with WM’s or Looper recipes, it was interesting to finally solo one. It stayed fairly true to a BG throughout the tank with no perceivable wintergreen or anise that others sometimes have, and interestingly, was right about mid level sweet. @ 1% it felt pretty good, with no signs of being over/under powered, and at times, it almost had that white powdered sugar they sometimes put on the pieces to prevent sticking to the wrapper. Not being a BG aficionado, I was still impressed by how accurate it was overall, despite wandering about a bit at times. I could see this working out with my WM and Loopers nicely. I will play around with this one a bit after the review, and see how it fares and pairs. As it sits, a pretty accurate Bubble Gum, with no fancy fruits, that does the job well. 8.5/10.

12 Likes

I am sure I will get some one day as I’m a patient man and also pretty determined when I set my mind to it but thanks for the kind gesture mate.

6 Likes

Not only did this bring a smile to my face, but I finally learned the difference between a jam, and a compote. So, amusing and informative. Thanks SD, and finally a cherry that doesn’t taste like cough syrup. Every time I thank you it costs me money. smh.

7 Likes

Heh, thanks @Steve68, and sorry. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My @SessionDrummer haul lol, I feel your pain

9 Likes

Man @Gsnap that just makes ME want to buy some more !!!

7 Likes

Juicy Cherries (SSA) 0.75% (10-10-20) – Oh no !!! Did Sobucky just come out with ANOTHER great Cherry ?? !!! Yes, … yes they did. As with their other cherry tested, I was slightly scared to load this one up into the Vapesled, but I did indeed do, just that. YES, this one is ANOTHER Great Cherry from Sobucky. PLEASE take note of my sub-percent testing strength, as more and more of these ARE proving to be Ultras (Ultra-Concentrates(ed), and this one is no different. If you test this at 3% and blow up, I warned you. :slight_smile: OK, this one is just as good, if not better than SSA’s Compote Cherry, but the “better” part will be up to you, the end user, and what profile you’re looking for. This again (I know, repeating), had NO medicinal, floral, cough syrupy notes of any shape, kind or form. EMBRACE the madness of that for a second. That makes TWO from these guys. OK, at this ultra low 0.75% it was a VERY satisfying Cherry Vape, with NO signs of hitting the ceiling, but it was so rich and full at this weight, I wouldn’t go much higher, for fear of (bad things). I was having a hard time quantifying exactly what type of cherry/cherries this was, let the wife try, she seemed to think more of a Luden’s lozenge, BUT, again, NOT a cough drop medicinal style. To me, this was somewhat of a darker cherry than the Compote, but not totally towards a Black Cherry. Confused yet ?? Good, me too, hehe. It did have some aspects of a Maraschino in there, and some of a Black Cherry, but it was more than the sum of them. Sweetness was actually below mid level, and honestly, I could not find any take-offs. I know, it’s a CHERRY, there’s GOT to be something wrong with it, right ? Not really, except maybe the name. Juicy Cherries had me thinking of TPA’s Juicy Peach, or FA’s Juicy Strawberry, but I didn’t get an overwhelming “juicy” from it. Wasn’t dry, and was a great darker, somewhat black cherry-ish flavor, but maybe the name is the ONLY thing wrong with this one. Had some slight tartness, but only slight, and maybe you could almost taste the pit a little. All in, despite it not presenting as overly “juicy” this is the second great cherry vape from Sobucky, and if you are in need for a darker cherry, with aspects of both a Mara and a BC, you should get this one. Start mixing it LOW though, 0.5-0.75% range, or you’re on your own. Feels great at 9.5/10.

11 Likes