Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec

@Errl: did you kill them using the usb charging option? Did you rotate the batteries in the device? Can you elaborate a bit more?
I am currently also charging through usb for a few weeks now because i have not yet purchased an external charger.

no, my device has an issue with the button. its as if its being pressed constantly cycling through the settings. i noticed that the device died on me twice before i even used it and i thought, that was odd. i put in another set of fresh batteries and noticed the issue when the display was lit when i haddent touched the device since installing the batteries. it drained 2 sets down to 0.2v before i caught the problem :sob:

wow thats real shittyā€¦i hope wismec replaces them for you. This should not happen.
My friend just brought his RX to the local shop for inspection because sometimes, after the device being idle for a while, it wont recognise the atty and will display 0,00ohm, and empty battery level. it takes a few seconds then before it detects the atty and then all works again. The dealer was going to check it out himself (because it doesnt happen al of the time) and will give hime a new RX if he also experiences it.
Btw, that RX has been tested with multiple RTA, RDAā€™s and they all have this issue.

im sure they wont, at this point I feel like Iā€™ll be lucky if i can get the warranty claim filled :weary:

its the local shop dealer who will replace the device, not wismec

its outside of the dealers return period (once you leave the store), but inside wismecā€™s warrantyā€¦ so no, wismec will replace it or will personally do my best to destroy them as a company :wink:

they do say theyā€™ll replace it right here on their webpageā€¦

WISMEC agrees to provide after-sale service under warranty pursuant to the following terms and conditions:

1. This warranty provides free replacement if authentic WISMEC product cannot work due to the quality problems, in the precondition of non-artificial damage. Warranty period is 90 days from date of purchase by the end user.

my product definitely ā€œcannot work due to the quality problems, in the precondition of non-artificial damageā€ associated with the button!

Iā€™ve been watching and had a hunch this would eventually happen. Things were looking eerily similar to how things went down with the xCube. My gut instinct is that Wismec wasnā€™t making much at all off the DNA200 Reuleauxs and decided to slap something together that was all theirs and make a windfall. Probably worked too, especially if they pull the same after-sale shenanigans that SMOK did and just ignore all the issues.

If I had one of these I would get with Joyetech USA (since Iā€™m in the US) since from what Iā€™ve heard they own Wismec. 855-569-3168 or http://www.joyetech.us/contacts/ and fill out their online contact form. Not sure this would do any good but if you called you would at least be able to speak with someone and they just might be able to help.

Sorry you guys are having these issues and I hope there is a resolution ahead.

3 Likes

thanks much for that info, thats exactly what im going to do! Hopefully someone will address my issue. Worst case scenario, I believe i can probably fix it if I open the case, but I prefer to have a replacement before I do surgury

1 Like

I was supposed to get mine back to them last night but I started having car trouble. They want to look at it. So as soon as I get down there I think I am going to trade it in on another iPV D2 and a new tank.

With these mods? Pffftā€¦I dunno, Iā€™m still sorting it out, BUT for me in the past, VOLTS=FLAVOR and Iā€™ve always enjoyed the flavor of 3.7+
The way I see itā€¦how can you have all that flavor without considering volts? Especially with the heat being limited.

Also, being a Floridian, we are just now getting colder weather this weekā€¦and now Iā€™m suddenly having issues with being kicked out of temp mode on a couple devices.
With my issue, deductive reasoning is telling me that mine is having fits with the ambient temp and changes. I get the impression these things like to see temps in the 70Ā°s(room temp).

Never had issues with ambient temperature (hot or cold) as far as mods go as long as Iā€™m not trying to set resistance. I have the IPV4s and the Rx200 with no issues. Where I do have issues with the ambient temperature is with tanks. Especially my Crown, going in and out of cold/hot temperatures sometimes causes them to leak juice. Other than this, no problemsā€¦

I donā€™t think it is going to hurt anything as long as you are careful about making sure the wick is wet.

I am not suggesting anyone do as I do but I am using my velocity with a Ti build in wattage mode for flavor testing and have been for some time now and have had no issues at all. I also dry burn Ti coils to clean them but I do it very careful and never get them completely red hot but afterwards I clean them with water and a tooth brush before using them again.

I have tried everything I can think of to replicate the issues people are having and I do not seem to be able to get my RX200 to mess up no matter what I throw at it. I feel so bad for those that are having issues because I truly enjoy the TC experience I am having with both my RX and my VTC miniā€™s. I will say this much my miniā€™s deliver a satisfying vape at a much lower temperature setting then the RX does but that is because with the mini I can now set the TCR manually and that is how I am using it with Ti wire instead of the factory Ti setting.

I am fully aware this is not what you should do but. I wonder if anyone having issues has tried running there Ti build in Nickel mode by lowering the temperature way down like some people are doing so they can use Ti on mods that donā€™t offer Ti as an option. I decided to be a guinea pig and tried it and it seems to work with no issues at all at about 120F lower than what I am running in Ti mode.

Now on the issue of gunking up coils. All I can tell you is 2 juices I vape every day are big time coil gunkers and it is my experience that they actually do not gunk coils as bad in TC mode as they do in wattage mode with Kanthal. I have no clue what could possibly be the cause of this issue but I consider myself very experienced with the coil gunk issue as I said 2 juices I vape every day and have been using for many months now will trash a coil with carbon build up in only 1 tankful which for me is 5ml. In wattage mode I had to clean my coils after every tankful yet in TC mode I can get at least 2 tankfulā€™s sometimes 3 before I have to clean the coils. STRANGE

On the volcano hit from hell in the morning thing with the RX. I did experience this 1 time and from that day on I have made it a habit to lower my temp 100F before I take my first hit but I have always contributed that to my mod sitting in a cool draft overnight and that starting temp being much lower than normal room temperature. As long as I lower my temp by 100F and then work my way back up I have had no issues with the mod working fine for the rest of the day.

My experience with TC has not been without issues at all. My first TC mod was the IPV4 and it was not a pleasant experience at all. It took me almost 3 months to finally get Nickel wire working decent and consistently but once I did it was great. I then decided to make the move to Ti wire after P4Y came out with the upgrade for Ti. Now the real trouble began. @Pro_Vapes and @SthrnMixer and others tried to help out but I could never get Ti wire to work until my first Evic VTC Mini showed up in the mail. I tried the same tank on it and it worked perfectly. Turns out the FIRST RUN IPV4 which is what I had also had the connection issue with the ground wire at the 510 pin and mine ended up being one of the ones that was messed up.

The part that worries me the most here is now that more people are reporting there problems it sort of sounds Deja-vu with what I went thru with my IPV4. Just like that issue, some mods had issues and some did not, just like we are now seeing with the RX 200. This is making me tend to believe it is a hardware related issue and everyone having problems should contact the seller they purchased thereā€™s from or Wismec and begin the return process for warranty coverage.

EDIT: A couple of post about temperature while I was doing this post. I have no issues here in WV with outside cold temps only what I mentioned above and we have had cold temps for a good while now
I should add I am in and out all day from woodstove heat to 30F outside temps and no issues at all other than maybe lowering and raising the temp setting just a little.

2 Likes

I just did 2 builds. One on my Aromamizer on the RX200. 10 wrap 2.0mm SS 0.27ohms. Texas sub cotton. And my billow v2 with TI. 8 wrap 2.0mm 0.09 ohms. Texas sub cotton. And both of them was awesome from the first hit. Great flavor and great vaper. No funny taste at all. And TC mode is working perfectly on the RX200. The dna200 is a givin lol

My experience with TI and even SS. I do a pulse burn. Not a hot burn. Just a light light pules. They will smoke just a little. I pules till they no longer smoke. Then wick. And they always come out great.

2 Likes

I have never used SS wire but this is exactly how I do my Ti wire

SS is so easy to work with. Fairley cheap. And has a produces great flavor. I play with everything but NI200 lol

2 Likes

I would like to try it just have not wanted to spend the money to do so yet as so many people seem to think Ti is better. I went from Kanthal to Nickel to Titanium maybe some day I will get around to trying SS

I think you will like it. I got it on my rx right now. Running 50watts 380F. And its a great little vape

1 Like

i got tons of SS layin around, from 20g all the way up to 30 or 32g, all 316lā€¦you want me to send you some lengths so you can try some SS without having to make a purchase? its of no burden to me at allā€¦
if this interests you, PM an address to send some to and maybe which gauges you are interested in and iā€™ll send you someā€¦absolutely free of charge, your money doesnt spend in the rooms of the forums kindnessā€¦

EDIT: SS is quite wonderfulā€¦great taste and very easy to work withā€¦and you can get that shit red hot without a worry, lol

6 Likes

@Whiterose0818 Thanks and will PM you in a bit as I would love to be able to try it. I just love this place we all call home. The people here are the best there are anyplace I have ever had the privilege of being a part of.

4 Likes

goodā€¦dont be shyā€¦tell me ALL the gauges you wanna try and iā€™ll make it so!

2 Likes