Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec

Ok this is interesting. I went on line to look at the update firmware for the RX200, and the update for the 1.08 , IT now only has the 1.07 update. Now I know it had the 1.08 there last time. I wonder what they did. I went a ahead and did the new 1.07 update, and now its working perfect. I wonder if they had something messed up in the program. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm lol

Hmmmm, thatā€™s odd. I have upgraded AND I upgraded all the way to 1.08. I upgraded first to the 1.07 and then to the 1.08. I have had no problems. Perhaps it was pulled because of the rumor/fact, whichever, of the failures after USB charging?

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t know whatā€™s up with that. I donā€™t charge any of my mods with the usb port anyway. I had the same problem other ppl was having. Going directly into temp protect mode. Now its not doing that. Its working flawlessly. Thatā€™s a good thing lol.

I wonder if that is just coincidence that it works now (Now have your resistance detected) or the downgrade. Reason I say is until I got the resistance detected correctly I had Temp Protect problems too. Now Iā€™m cooking with Version 1.08, 530 degrees at 42 watts. Iā€™m a happy camperā€¦

1 Like

I just did the windows version download and in the file there are the updates for the RX200 both 1.07 and 1.08 as well as many other updates for other wismec products including the new vape forward mods

EDIT I should add I am running version 1.08 and having no issues at all

1 Like

Well before I was having to run at 500 plus F. now Iā€™m down to 380F at 50 watts. and its rocking the aromamizer lol. I put a duel SS 10 wrap 26g 2.0mm at 0.27ohms. with my Texas sub cotton. ITS THE BEST ITS EVER BEEN.

2 Likes

Guess I needed took a little closer lol. Its now at 1.08

1 Like

Since this unit doesnā€™t have balanced charging like the DNA I personally wouldnā€™t port charge this thing. Besides, if youā€™re doing it right youā€™ll rotate the batteries every charge anyway so I fail to see the point unless you just had maybe a 2 bay charger that takes 6 hours. In that case I would have 2 married sets so once could charge while the other is in use.

1 Like

Actually the SS wire worked better for me as well but switched back to TI so I could use the tank on my IPV4s and the Rx200. Wish the IPV4s supported SS wireā€¦

2 Likes

I took my RX200 back to the shop and got me an iPV D3. Works like it should, and happier than a clam because my iPV D2 now has a big brother :wink:

Oh, and I am betting my local vape shop stops carrying the Wismec products altogether from talking to them. Not very reliable and customer service blows.

2 Likes

My rx to me is a cheap 200 watt 3 bat mod. Hope I donā€™t have issues with Usb charging though cause my charger got run over with a truck last night. That being said I started charging it 12 hours ago and it is still only at 3 bars, which makes the Usb charger useless

Your supposed to be able to charge with the usb. But it donā€™t have a balanced charger. Everything thing Iā€™ve read and been told. Donā€™t use the usb for charging.

Truth be told it has always been recommended to charge externally regardless of the name brand or chipā€¦

Even the info book on the thing recommends external charger. Next couple days though I got no choice

1 Like

I donā€™t charge any batteries in my mods. I understand his charger broke. But i would get one asap.

Agreed !!! Iā€™m actually limping along with my Rx200 somewhat myself. Only have one set of batteries since everyone was out of batteries last week when I went for supplies. I have to switch to the IPV4s when Iā€™m charging the batteries. Hopefully I can remedy that today. Need to start looking at 4 bay chargers as wellā€¦

1 Like

Yeah ,i got 4 married sets of brownies , a 4 bay and a 2 bay charger. So im good there. I want to get one of them 6 bay chargers.

Itā€™s too bad that some people have had issues with their rx200. Mine works perfectly. I use it in TC with 316L SS. I have a .16 build in a Velocity Mini. 24 ga, 6.5 wraps @ 3.0 mm. In my Aromamizer a 0.14. 24 ga, 5.5 wraps @ 3.0 mm. I use spaced coils. I only use 2 atomizers with close to the same build so I donā€™t have any issues with getting them to work. I used to use Ti and didnā€™t have any issues with that either. I switched to SS because I was curious and ended up liking it better than Ti. I have never used an internal charger to charge batteries and would never even think about doing such a thing. I donā€™t know why they would even bother putting one in. Wismec says there is a charger but you should use an external charger. They should have just left it out. It seems to cause nothing but problems for people. I use a MXJO 3 bay charger that I got from Vape NW and it works awesome! It has a digital display and when I put the batteries in to charge they are at the most .03 volts difference between the 3 batteries. I have Lg HG2 and Samsung 25R batteries and both sets work flawlessly.

1 Like

Thank goodness, batteries back in stock and also picked up a 4 bay charger. Soon as some batteries are charged I will be good to goā€¦

2 Likes

Love mine. Going to get a second one soon.

2 Likes