Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec

Wonderful not needing external was my reason for buying

So are these all rx problems? Does the DNa chip have same issues?

as far as i know the DNA chip has been pretty flawless. Iā€™m currently awaiting my dna replacement for my faulty rx200.

I have 3 DNAs and itā€™s been smooth sailing all the way. Not a single issue.

To be honest, i havenā€™t had that problem with my RX. I did the firmware update. And it works beautiful with everything i put on there. Iā€™ve had my crown on there for over 2 weeks with no problems. I just now got a monster v3 today ,and did a 8 wrap build 0.55 ohms. And working awesome. My DNA200 did that to me at first. But after i went in and set everything in my escribe. Its worked perfectly. Im sure you did your updates.

[quote=ā€œvonTrueso, post:263, topic:39326ā€]
So at the end of day 3, I had a look in the Billow, & the coils were gunked ā€“ not surprising, considering the juices that I like. So I cleanedthe coils, re-wicked & wadda ya knowā€¦it was working perfectly again[/quote]

This is my experience with temp control as well.
When running regulated and unregulated, sometimes I could go as long as 2 weeks without dry burning or replacing my wicksā€¦now itā€™s almost everyday or if Iā€™m lucky 2 days.
Iā€™ve concluded itā€™s not my juice, itā€™s that tc doesnā€™t allow the coils to reach a, somewhat, self cleaning temp (think of spark plugs and temperature ranges)ā€¦this allows carbon to build up on the coils, and this is the harsh early morning hit you received.
This isnā€™t a problem with this particular device, itā€™s how tc operates.

Iā€™m still trying to decide if running .2 or .3 ohm coils, and getting a burnt wick hit every 2-3 months (when not paying attention to my juice level) is actually worse than BURNT CARBON is(almost on the daily)???
All of this is not unlike firing up the way-back-machine and going back 2-3 years and using Kanger Evods and getting that plasticy taste after a days use, except they were smaller, colder coils seeing less watts.

Wanna see a neat trickā€¦dry burn that gunked coil nowā€¦mine (ss btw)burst into flames unlike any other coil Iā€™ve EVER dry burnt.
BUT dry burn, rewick and repeat the cycle.

I am finding though that if I raise my watts enough to be around 4ish volts, and keep my temp above 500Ā°(throughout the coilā€™s cycle), I can squeak a bit more lifespan out of each cycle/interval.

ymmvā€¦but this is what Iā€™m finding with my devices with tc.

[edit]ā€¦I also get the impression that the double digit sub ohmers NEED tc to prevent their wicks from burning, as Iā€™d imagine the wicks have a harder time keeping up with the juice and extra (QUICK) heatā€¦the kinda heat I donā€™t get with the single digit sub coils.

2 Likes

Thanks Shanerā€¦ I have been having the same issues as @LordVaper and took your advice about turning the unit off, press button to get the ā€˜no atomizerā€™ message, etc. Works wonderfully now! .14ohm Ti 470F and 75watts . ITā€™s really rockin now.

Edit: Ok @Shaner ā€¦ spoke too soon. I didnā€™t change anything after what I did above, just rewicked. Same everything else, but now I get that ā€˜temp protectionā€™ thing and itā€™s not working right again. :frowning: Going back to wattage mode for now. It ALWAYS works in regular wattage mode. Hope this isnā€™t bad for Ti coilsā€¦ ???

1 Like

Iā€™ve gotta say, if thats life with TC, Iā€™ll be asking myself the same question (do I want a burnt hit every so often, or to deal with burnt carbon daily?), but Iā€™ll give TC a good solid go. I know relatively nothing about TC at this stage other than what Iā€™ve read, so it would only be right to make that decision based on experience.
Thx for the tips @5prock3t - appreciated! Oh, & maybe I try that neat trick when Iā€™ve got ss inā€¦

You may have said it, but what temp and power are you running to get that tatse and problems. I run TC all the time. And donā€™t get that problem. This confuses me.

Yeah, as itā€™s said, ā€œwe all vape differentlyā€ā€¦and this is only my limited experience w tc, on my 4 devices, in 2-3 short months.
And fwiw, Iā€™m vaping anywhere from .15 to .3 ohm dual coils, any wattage thatā€™ll get me 3.7 volts or higher (lower than 4.3) at anywhere from 500Ā° with a new coil, and up to 550Ā° as it breaks in.
I also notice the vape is cooler and less satisfying as the coils gunk up and I have a tendency to go higher than 500Ā° as it does this.

Again, ymmv

[quote=ā€œsillyrabbit, post:272, topic:39326ā€]
what temp and power are you running to get that tatse and problems.
[/quote]To be honest, I cant exactly remember (tisk, tisk) the temp & power of that build that gave me the horrible taste - it was so bad I just pulled it straight out again. It only happened with the 304 SS in the billow ā€¦& it was my first build in the Billow - once I went to Ti, the flavor was wonderful.
As I mentioned, it couldā€™ve been that I hadnt washed my hands before I wicked - Iā€™ve heard that can do bad things to flavor - oils from the skin on the wick ā€¦or maybe it was the wire - I did wash it first, but its possible I didnt wash it enough. Iā€™ll try another SS build tonight & see what happens. Iā€™ll let u know.

Is it important to concern yourself with volts on these mods? All my TC builds with Ti have been between 0.06 and 1.0 ohms. I have had the same method each time. Start at 400F and around 40 watts.Raise the watts until I donā€™t notice a difference - 5-10 watts at a time. If Iā€™m not happy, raise the temp up to a max around 540F. If Iā€™m still not satisfied continue to raise watts till I am. Often I end up around 500 (between 450 - 520) and between 45 and say 80w. Do you think this is a bad or unsafe method because iā€™ve never given volts a second thought.

what do you mean here Sthrn?.. a difference between what?

I have been running Ti for a couple months now. I wonā€™t go back. I use an iPV D2 for my single coil tanks, and an iPV 3 Li for my beefier setups. I have not had any issues at all with these mods and Ti once I figured out how to wick my tanks.

The Wismec on the other hand, it is either a lot more finicky or itā€™s a pos. I find it odd that it will only run 1 of the tanks I have thrown at it. And it is my lil Goblin. I have tried putting my freshly wicked tanks on it and I still canā€™t get it to work. If for some reason it is me not doing something right, I would just as well not have this mod. I donā€™t need something causing this much headache.

But what really burns my ass is I sent Wismec an email about my issues 4 days ago and I havenā€™t hear a peep out of them yet. So I am going to send another email right now expressing my concern over their lack of customer service and support and mention the fact that I have a whole forum of people helping me with my issues.

To Wismec
ā€œI have reached out to you about problems with my RX200 device not working properly. I have received no response. Your complete lack of a response has me questioning your customer service and support and I just want to let you know that I am a member of a very active forum. And they are all trying to help me resolve my issues. I would think you would rather be the ones doing that since these issues being discussed by so many people has a way of establishing a reputation about a company. I am not the only one in the discussion having the exact same issues.ā€

2 Likes

@LordVapor hahaha 4 daysā€¦

this is the full, un-edited reply i just got from wismec.
it only took them 12 days to come up with this reply.
needless to say i laughedā€¦

Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the delayed reply.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion.
We will reflect it to our related engineers.
Have a nice day.

Best wishes!

i think us RX owners, we might be Wismecā€™s secret Alpha/Beta test team without us even knowing it :wink:

1 Like

Not me buddy. I bought mine local. So it will go back and Wismec can kiss my furry butt :wink:

yeah i bought mine local tooā€¦
but i still have hope for an update that will fix my problems.
i dont wanna go back to my istick :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its a real shame you guys & others are having these problems - couldā€™ve been a great mod for all.
Mine seems ok ā€¦almost ā€¦I think. As I learn more about TC (coz I know ā€œ0ā€ about it at the moment), Iā€™ll have a much better idea of what the mod should actually do - so just now, I cant say I wont be having problems as well.
But I too have hopes for some clever up-dates ā€¦I mean fixes! ā€¦& if they dont come, Iā€™ll plant my furry butt on a scanner & send em an email as well! :scream:

1 Like

i too am still awaiting my response about warranty fulfillmentā€¦ what really pisses me off is that they havenā€™t responded and this thing has me out 6 batteries that it destroyed. total piece of junk and horrible customer service from wismec!