Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec

Thank you Sthrn… really appreciate your input!!![quote=“SthrnMixer, post:402, topic:39326”]
I doubt the Atomizer Short and getting thrown to watts mode are even remotely related to wicking. It couild explain the pulsing.
[/quote]Agreed. I’m going to re-coil & re-wick both attys tonight, paying particular attention to the amount of wick I use - loose enough to be pulled thru the coil (with a little resistance) but tight enough to maintain contact with the entire top of the coil.[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:402, topic:39326”]
Question - before you did that (after the Billow and before the Velocity) did you happen to press and hold the fire button a moment so as to “clear” the mod?
[/quote]No I didnt - I only turned it off. Next time I’ll fire it between the change as well, & If I need to, then Ill pull the batts (& hope its not a prob with the mod - l really dont wanna be waiting for a replacement from FT!).[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:402, topic:39326”]
I can’t stress enough the importance of build integrity for TC.
[/quote]Yep, I’m quickly coming to appreciate this! I’ll be paying particular attention to what I’m doing tonight. Thx again for your advise (& the pic!) - it will come in handy!!

@SthrnMixer already answered what I was thinking with the issue of the short warning. it would seem possible that your mod is not clearing itself once it gets that error and removing just the first battery should work to re-boot the mod if needed.

Let us know what you find

2 Likes

I look at pulling the batteries as something to do when other methods fail. When you remove your atty and press the fire button so that it displays NO ATOMIZER, that is usually enough to have it find your coil properly again. Make sure both atomizer and mod are at room temperature when you re-install.

Pulling the battery is more like rebooting your computer. Sometimes it works but isn’t always necessary.

1 Like

Will do!! :+1:!!

Thanks for the help guys!! neadless to say …fingers X’ed!!

2 Likes

HAve you ever got any response from Joytech or Wismec?

Ok this has been interesting to do. @Whiterose0818 sent me some Stainless Steel wire to do some testing with and right after he offered I woke up and saw this,.

This gave me an idea after reading about people having issues with some of the newer mods with the Joyetech chips. You got it TORTURE TESTING TIME

This is my RX200 with a Ti build sitting on the hood on snow and ice with outside temperatures in the teens and wind chill in the single digits. I had the mod inside very close to our woodstove for well over an hour before going outside.

Sitting on the dash while I start the truck to let it warm up

First vape on it as I said after sitting next to a woodstove for an hour and then sitting on the hood in freezing temps long enough to get very cold

6 Likes

This is now the Evic VTC mini’s getting the same treatment as the RX200 got above

At this point these had been outside on the back of the truck up until this time and here is the vape after going from very warm inside to outside getting very cold before this

Now I decided to get them hot again just to see if I could get them to act up so on the dash with the defroster running full tilt buggy and hot. They never missed a beat is all I can tell you from one extreme to the other all day long

More TOTURE TESTING coming

6 Likes

Over the past 3 days I have done a dozen or more builds trying to make my RX replicate issues others have been having and I took pictures of them all but I picked my camera up yesterday to get the pictures loaded on my computer and found out I had taken them with no memory card in the camera so they are now on the cameras internal memory and I can not find the cord to get them onto my computer.

Wanting to share with y’all what I did and not having any of the pictures I decided to replicate 2 of the builds I did again today but this time with a memory card I could take out and stick in our printers card reader so I could get them on to my computer to post here.

Stainless Steel builds and some more torture testing attempts. After reading about all of the issues everyone has been having and getting the SS wire from @Whiterose0818 I figured why not take some time and do a build tutorial using the SS 316L he sent me. Saturday afternoon the package he sent arrived so I decided to build on both my Lemo tanks and my Velocity dripper and actually do everything I could to create a problem.

Look hard this is not right and this was intentional to try and make the RX200 act up and be stupid.

So what did I do and why
I made one coil 7 wraps and the other one 8 wraps
Knowing electricity takes the path of least resistance that in theory would apply all or most of the power to the shorter coil but not if you left the short coil’s grub screws just a little lose and that is what I did. I was trying my best to get the RX to show it’s nasty side and give some type of error but instead it just worked SORT OF like it should

As you can see one wick is almost dry and the other one is still sort of wet. This picture was taken after vaping this with very limited issues until temp control caused it to stop producing vapor. As in sucked it bone dry yet the one wick still looks wet.

I re-build it right with 22g 316L SS

All I can say is WOW the density and volume of vapor from this build was off the chart for me anyway as I am a single coil kind of guy so this was intense for me but not as bad as I expected and the flavor with this 22g wire was amazing. Here are the settings I ended up at after trying all kinds of different TCR settings and wattage and temperature settings

Now for an extreme Lemo tank build. 22g 316L 7 wraps and with this as you can see I did not take a lot of time to get the spacing good again because the object of the exercise here was to try and make a piss poor build and get my RX to act stupid.

About 1/4 of the way thru the tank I got the lava hit from hell and here is the result

This wick is not lightly scorched it is burnt period and the reason is one leg was a tad lose so I fixed the issue re-wicked and have now put 2 tanks of @Alisa 's Bust-a-Nut thru it and all I can say is this build is incredible with vapor production and flavor but boy does it ever suck up the juice. This is the settings I found to work the best on this tank set up

I really tried my best to cause issues and even with piss poor builds and all the stuff I did intentionally to try and make it mess up it would seem that my RX has done a flawless job with everything I have tried once I got my settings were they needed to be. For those having issues I tried very hard to make mine mess up but the only issue I was able to make happen was the fluttery vape thing like it is cutting in and out and that was only done when I had my temperature setting way high and my wattage setting way low.

8 Likes

Great experiment Santa!
Personally, I dont have to deal with those extremes (only hot & fkn hot this time of year) but its good to know next time I go to the snow my mod wont let me down due to ambient temp.

2 Likes

…Well, thats strange (a slight digression for a tic)…I must be going nuts (…which might explain the problems I’ve been having with my mod!)… I could’ve sworn your coil experiments werent there when I last posted!.. hence my talk of ambient temp etc… The time stamps say they were …hmmm :dizzy_face: (Darth… I think we need an emoji for craycray!)

Anyhoo… These experiments are certainly more relevant to me. While I certainly have a lot to learn about TC, & practice required… it does get me thinking that my mod might not be the most stable. Your tests indicate to me some of the things youve got to do wrong to make your mod go ape, & I can say Ive not done any of that …except maybe a bit of tight wicking to cause the pulsey fluttery thing…maybe.
As it happens, stuff came up last night preventing me from re-building as I said I would - yesterday the mod was all over the place… atomizer shorts… new coil questions… fluttery vapes… etc.etc… Since then,I’ve done nothing to the coils, wicks or the mod, & today it has performed absolutely flawlessly!! Amazing vapes all day!
I sense an email to FT comin on… ergh!
Thanks for sharing your work Santa… my confidence & knowledge is building!

2 Likes

very well done

2 Likes

Very well done @wvsanta. I’m fortunate, like yourself I haven’t had any problems with my e vic mini, cuboid or my rx200. Hopefully your tests will help others. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences, @wvsanta ! You helped me previously a lot and I’m sure
your postings will help others too.

3 Likes

excellent work, brother…i look forward to see the rest of this series
SS is such an amazing wire. flavor, durability, easy to work with, dry fire allowed…i think it runs head to head(toe to toe) with Ti.
i like building super low ohm builds of SS and running them in power/wattage mode on the Sigelei FuChai as the FuChai supports power mode down to 0.05 ohms…most mods dont do that.
keep up the good work!

4 Likes

@wvsanta your outside photos remind me of the old homeplace in Wise County VA.

I like your experiments, and it confirms our thoughts previously that these devices aren’t designed to operate only in certain temperatures. You have the cold and here in SC I had the heat of summer using my TC mods outside.

4 Likes

I got one- it was cheap…works great…what more could I want?

1 Like

That was my fault I hit the Reply button by accident so I split the post up and did another post right away and just came back and edited the previous ones so in the end they would all be together. In between the first and second one you did your reply but I had not finished editing part two and part three yet sorry

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think joytech is the model for all mod makers to use as an excellent example for a company to be able to create a fairly priced and durable functioning mod… I love mine…it doe’s what it’s supposed to for a fair price… :smiley:

4 Likes