Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec

I didn’t mean to imply that anything was wrong. For that low resistance a build it actually doesn’t surprise me that it isn’t that warm. Is it a stock coil or one of the RBA’s? I bet if you ran the power up to 100+ watts, it would be warmer. 80 may not be enough to hit the target temp.

Niether. It’s my RDA. Coils are Ti 10 wrap 2.5 id 26gauge and show .11 ohm on my rx.
When I go to wattage mode at 60w it’s warm! Weird.

That is kinda weird. Did you do the firmware update?

yes I did!

Maybe it’s normal? Dunno now. Anybody else have any ideas?

I really don’t think your doing anything wrong but if you wanted warmer I would try higher wattage and lower temp a good bit take a draw and go back up in temp until you find that happy spot;

I can run my wattage at 200 and adjust the temp to what I like with no problem on a single coil Ti at ,34 to .36 ohm build

1 Like

Ok. I set the watts at 200, then (in Ti mode) the temp at 420, very little vapor,… 430…440… all the way up to 560 before I start getting decent vapor and it’s not warm. At 600f it’s warm… not super warm, but warm. What’s up with this? I seem to get more ‘ummph’ in wattage mode vs Ti mode. Is this normal?

Seriously… I get about the same vape from 50w in Watts mode as I do from 200w/600f in Ti mode.

I worry about people who do this. It’s one thing if you have a build where 200w is a good vaping power, but relying solely on TC function to keep that power in check seems unnecessarily risky. Personally I don’t have that kind of faith in Chinese electronics.

I have not had mine in wattage mode yet but yes what you are experiencing does seem to be normal I have my higher ohm builds just under 500 or as much as 510 and 100 watts so yours would need more temperature to get a warm vape

I think I’m gonna just stick to watts until I have more time to read and learn about temp mode, cuz I don’t wanna burn my face off or anything. lol

I do understand and it is something I have just grown accustom to trusting over the past 3 or4 months getting TC to work for me. I have never had any of my mods get even close to the point of doing damage. Think of it this way a VW device regulates the power the same really --meaning by the use of electronics just like TC does so I would trust it just as much as I trust my sig 150 to regulate at 18watts

1 Like

Not really. Barring a malfunction the VW device simply delivers the wattage set by the user. In your case your setting watts, then setting Temp and expecting the mod to read resistance properly so as to stay at or below that temp. Pretty much night and day difference. But that’s your business, I just would hate to hear anything happened to all that glorious facial hair you have :wink:

1 Like

The key words Baring an electronics malfunction apply to both

I still say it is the same risk factor involved either way since both devices are regulating APPLIED amps nothing more

TC just electronically does it at a much faster rate

1 Like

For anyone thinking that setting your WATTS high on a TC device is wrong.

Please go watch a few of Pbusardos reviews on Temperature Control devices

Like him or not he does the most technically in-depth reviews on the electronics involved of any reviewer out there

In every review I have watched he also sets his WATTS to the upper limit and allows the device to do the work that it is designed to do by setting the temperature.

Just saying don’t take my word for it go watch and Then make an educated decision on how you feel is best for you

EDITED: I originally typed Temperature instead of WATTS

Them hairs have been set on fire welding more times than I like to admit

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean a thing to me. It’s an unnecessary risk and I don’t agree with telling people it’s a good practice when you would never run Ti at 200 watts. Would you put a loaded gun to your head and squeeze the trigger just because the safety is on? No…why not?

I think this was went to the extremes.

I am not suggesting anyone actually fire anything at 200 watts but I am saying if you do not trust the electronics in your temperature control device than you should not be using it at all with any settings.

My normal settings I use every day on the RX and both of my evic mini’s are 75 watts and between 440 and 550 depending on the juice and if I am using a tank or a dripper and with the same build at .3? ohms

I have posted enough pictures for everyone to see this.

Let me use this, that I have also posted and have concluded after many hours of research and a very good knowledge ( I am a extra class ham radio operator) of electronics and how theses mods are actually working.

Wattage setting is controlling Ramp Up Time, nothing else, by applying a high wattage for just milliseconds

Then the temperature setting comes into play

Temperature setting is controlling applied wattage to maintain a certain resistance value and changing the value of applied wattage in measurements of time in the milliseconds ( rapidly going higher and lower )

The 2 combined and mixed properly is what gives you the overall experience

I was never trying to recommend going to 200 watts and 600 degrees I was only suggesting not limiting your wattage to a level that your ramp up time takes away from the warmth of the vape.

Again if you do not trust and understand electronics Please do not use any device that uses electronics to regulate anything.

I can agree to disagree but I also think there is a lot of unnecessary fear being spread about how these devices really work and how safe they really are.

I rest my case with a big Ho Ho Ho :santa:

Ho ho right back. But I want to be clear. I’m not promoting fear only safe practices. The trust factor has its limits too. Just like that safety. Or how about when I was in the army and they sent us in the room of tear gas with our masks on and made us pull them off. This was supposed to instill trust in the masks but I got news for those guys, I was feeling the effects of the gas before taking my mask off. We all were.

Anyway the xCube taught me all I need to know about trusting TC electronics And that is like most things it has its limits. That’s why I spent the money to get the DNA equipment because I was tired of the halfassed performance I was getting with the other mods.

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:158, topic:39326”]
they sent us in the room of tear gas with our masks on and made us pull them off.
[/quote]Kinda like this

Been there done that and yea it sucked to be honest

So far I have only had 3 TC mods

First run IPV4= worthless for anything but nickel wire in TC

VTC mini = great working device running Ti wire but can not vouch for any other wire

RX200= working great with Ti wire but again have not used any other wire

I am sure the update that’s in the works for the RX 200 is going to improve it a bunch

1 Like

Man I love your beard :+1::+1::+1:

are you setting the wattage in temp mode with 4 clicks?

1 Like