Rocky Mountain Flavours

@RockyMountainFlavour Now that’s fantastic thank you so mich even if you can get in with chef’s flavours just like Wayne Walker did and the other concentrates manufacturers

3 Likes

Yes sir! Mike is part of the RMF team

4 Likes

Welcome Rocky Mountain Flavours! I’m a flavor collector LOL bring it on

3 Likes

Welcome @RockyMountainFlavour
:raised_hand:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard! Where would you place yourselves in terms of market segment in a 1-10 scale? 1 being capella and TPA, 3 being fa, 5 is wonder flavours and vape train, 8 is molinberry and flavorah…if u get my point? Will you be selling full sample sets so we can get testing

5 Likes

Thank you! We will be starting off with our line of percentage based one shot concentrates. As soon as those are available for market we will be making announcements. As for market segment, not too sure how to properly answer that at this point in time to be quite frank. We aim to provide flavourings for all ranges of mixers but our target audience will be the one shots crowd to begin with.

4 Likes

All I can hope is that when you do release your individual flavor concentrates is that you target a “full flavor” being achieved at a usage of 1% to 3%…

The higher you go, the less useful it is for mixers that want to target a certain total flavor percentage (eg: 8-10%). For instance, if you picked three of your flavors, and they all need to be used at 3%, you’d be limited to ONLY those three flavors. And that’s only from a possible “vaper’s tongue” standpoint…

There’s also folks with PG sensitivities to consider, as well as mix limitations due to hardware (where PG/VG ratio is important due to wicking limitations/demands are placed on the mixer, as a byproduct of the design).

Things to consider… :wink:

7 Likes

this is what @clouds98 is referring to… and they should reffer to your recipes already published to figure that out themselves… Check cookies

That won’t be possible if the mixing style already is a clue. more like 15-17% unless he sticks with the ultras and for mixing his style already, will be a challenge. Perhaps it is the price points he is nervous about… but I don’t know why… rate of use cost is lower than even fw…

and to keep this in mind…

it would have to be ultras like mf or yeah flv… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Which is why I felt it important to point out. :wink:

I can understand that if they are only targeting “new quitters”, as they frequently require higher levels of flavor due to shitty taste buds from having smoked for so long…

But I feel they they are two separate target markets (one shots vs concentrates).

Concentrates should be geared to the DIY arena. If they want to maximize their potential sales. So again, the lower the % use, the more options we as mixers have! :wink:
Not talking STUPID low, like one drop per 30ml, which practically demands a dilution… But low enough to be useful and remain convenient. (To me, the perfect target would be 1%.)

5 Likes

standard shots and going by percentage is one
Ultra shots give a whole new catagory and way they are sold…

Example… my shot line I am about to bring out… is only for 1 4oz bottle… shake pour and add base. That simple.

Concentrates on the other hand, to me that is pure solo flavors… rate of use determines if it is a standard flavor or an ultra.

Yeps…

No dilution needed… just go larger bottle size. Why? unless you have scales… keep up with the weights and the drops… even one drop, you can be off and ruin a lot of recipes. (with ultras)

3 Likes

To me, and my approach, that’s a fundamentally flawed outlook.

If you’re doing 10-15ml testers, you HAVE TO dilute.

If you only want to make a 30ml (that you like enough to make, but won’t vape it often enough to warrant a big assed bottle before it flavor shifts [“goes bad”]) then again, damned hard to work with. I’m looking at you FLV Rich Cinnamon and FLV Alpine Strawberry…

Fortunately for Rich Cinnamon, it’s stellar enough (and unique enough) to warrant keeping a dilution on hand!

3 Likes

My testers start at 30ml and I go up to gallons :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:
so for me, it is not a big deal. vg and pg are super cheap…
I understand what or how you are saying this @Sprkslfly… but… again… if you accidentally scooped up double ginger or clove (yeah!!) and then tried to use it your way as a dilute… mhmm… your throat will be sore…

Is why I say no to dilutions and I count my drops per ml and I use my scales so I know what I am doing and why.

3 Likes

Which is why you miss the point sometimes.
You’re one of the 0.1% of DIY folks here (which honestly, you don’t even fall into the category of DIY, as you mix PROFESSIONALLY).

You’re better considered as one of the ones who remain to give “give back”, and help folks understand the process of mixing (aside from the obvious, that’s “uniquely you”).

5 Likes

I try hard, @Sprkslfly… and sometimes my points don’t come across like I intend…
but I have been around for ages!! I don’t mind helping either new mixers or new companies out.
It’s good to toss ideas, either in public or private. The more everyone learns, the better for the community at large. I try to keep things super simple, and when you are dealing with addictions, as stepping away from smoking or dipping or even chewing by vaping… you want simple. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

We know. Trust me, we know.
Besides which, you’ve never been one to blow your own horn! LMAO :wink: :hugs:

5 Likes

If I did, it’d probably come out as a squeak :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ahh I seem to have missed the point. You are a mixologist releasing one shot recipes using current flavour manufacturers. I wrongly assumed you were a new flavour manufacturer which is more exciting for us flavour nerds. Good luck and persevere! I created a great new juice called top trump. It’s 80% vg and 20% pg. No other ingredients😃

4 Likes

While I’m new here, I’m certainly not new to vaping/ diy… I welcome you & sending you a big Congratualtions! In the meantime… a few questions, if you dont mind?

• Will all of your flavors be offered in the same standard of super concentrates, like others do & especially, *will your flavors all be DIKETONE free - listing all ingredients & percentages/ independent testing results?
  • Wondering if you have an ETA on when your website might be up & running/ set up to make purchases?
  • Assuming all of your flavors will be made in your own labs there… or will you possibly be (also) offering other big brand names?
  • Forms of payment… dont know if anyone else agrees, but I personally would love if you would consider accepting PayPal… even if you had to charge a ‘very small’ flat fee for that form of pmt, I’d be on board for it. I just feel much safer buying online that way, & having the multiple choices of pmt thru them
  • Also another biggie for me is shipping… Not sure about Canada, but here in the US I love using flat fee priority via the post office (fast & decent fees, esp as a seller of other things - they have great discounts via Paypal’s shipping app) Just my opinion…
  • Another big selling point for me, would be great if you also would offer free shipping on all orders over a certain amount, maybe like orders $50 or more, etc. That would obviously also be beneficial for you in the long run
  • Would also be great if you could offer larger sizes - from 10ml bottles up to sizes of 4 ounces to (maybe discounted) larger bottles of 16 ounces to liters to even gallons…

Sorry to nitpick your brain before you even get there, but I am ALWAYS searching for the best of the stronger flavorings with decent prices. I’ve personally got fridge shelves full of flavorings that I despise, but just cant bring myself to dumping them out. I hate that I’ve wasted so much $ with the hope that there’ll be an overall winner each order I make. I’m a picky English Toffee & Butterscotch fan, but seem to always come up against Diketone issues or when all the stars align, the flavors mute/ dissipate out in no time & have to go thru endless amounts of the stuff, having to top off every day. :weary: Would absolutely love someone to come up with a heavily flavored shake & vape straight out of the bottle… though know its tough to do (hint hint) :laughing:
Who knows, maybe offering older products or intentionally pre-steeped bottles may be a new thing? Theres nothing worse than running out & then buying/ making a new batch that you have to suffer thru for the 1st week(s) before hitting the spot. Pre-steeped would be just as great as a true shake & vape super flavor…

4 Likes

Oh! I just read a post saying that you’re NOT a new mfg of flavorings? Is this correct? (Hence, my 1st post is completely pointless then) arghhhh

3 Likes

Now is the point where I argue with myself…
It definitely says that you are/ will be “a NEW flavouring concentrate MANUFACTURER from Canada…” preparing to launch a selection of one shots & eventual single flavorings (exactly what I’m waiting for…)

4 Likes