Same company? bad company? base recipe?

I have not made a flavor i like yet… starting to get a bit frustrated.
so should i get all my flaves from the same company?
Is there a company i should NOT buy from? and lastly
Is there such a thing as a base recipe? like cream, sweat cream, butter and just sub another flave? like strawberry for bannan?

If you share some recipes you have tried you will be able to get some great help from the folks here. Flavor is subjective. Is your flavor stash shared?

And yeah, you can make a base and add flavors to it. I don’t have anything like that except my Twixted base that I change up the flavor from peanut butter, to caramel, to pumpkin, etc, and keep the same ratios for cookie, cream, and chocolate.

1 Like

Ok. I see it is. Looking at it now. I see you have a custard recipe shared. Custards take a long time to steep. Like a month or more. And a 10% custard juice I expect would take quite a long time.

1 Like

i thought my flaves were shared. still getting used to this site, which i love, but i will look.
Do you think it a good idea to share?

i cant figure out how to share my recipes.

Your flavors are shared. And the only recipe I see that you have shared is vanilla custard. If you have any other recipes click the blue wrench on each recipe page for ones you want to share here and select edit. Down at the bottom of the recipe is a check box to set the recipe to private or not. Also, in that blue wrench there is a link Copy As HTML (Text). If you click that then come back here and right click in the window and selct paste it will share your recipe.

1 Like

thank you. i will do that. it will be a while before i can get to it. i really do appreciate you help.

The Clinic

Ingredient %
bannanas foster signature 5
Barvarian Cream 3
Butter Cream (FW) 1
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 1.5
Cheesecake (LA) 6
Graham Cracker (CAP) 2
Strawberry (FW) 4
Sweet Cream 3
sweetener (jungle) 0.5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP) 3
Vanilla Custard 3

Flavor total: 32%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

INTERNAL LEAK OF CUTWOOK UNICORN MILK

Ingredient %
Butter Cream (CAP) 1.5
Graham Cracker (CAP) 0.5
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 0.5
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1.5
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 8.5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP) 1
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 16.5%

Gooey Cake

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 4
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 15%

Remember to rate it at <a

First Base

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (Sig/TFA) 3
Capella Vanilla Custard 2
Graham Cracker (CAP) 5
sweet cream signature 3
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 1
VG 8

Flavor total: 22%

href=“http://tjek.nu/r/2LYf”>e-liquid-recipes.com!

cool. learned something new

A lot of your flavor % are all wrong… I’m not criticizing but just trying to shed some light.

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3%
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 4%
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 5%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 3%

9% dough is too much and out of balance

Too much will kill a recipe.

The Clinic

Ingredient%
bannanas foster signature5
Barvarian Cream3
Butter Cream (FW)1
Cake (Yellow) (FW)1.5
Cheesecake (LA)6
Graham Cracker (CAP)2
Strawberry (FW)4
Sweet Cream3
sweetener (jungle)0.5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP)3
Vanilla Custard3

Flavor total: 32%

It’s just too much going on.

We put this together as a tool to help understand flavors and percentages so you can make a balanced recipe.

Take your time a study your flavors and you will learn how to use them.

3 Likes

yes. i bookmarked that page (except the pairings). Can’t wait to get into it. (the pairings also). That is way cool that y’all did that. Must have been a lot of work.
I new something was off but did not know what. that is what i love about elr. it truly is the best diy site out here.
To much dough. that makes sense, it would kill a food recipe also. so which ones are doughy?
Thank you very much for taking the time to help. it is much appreciated

3 Likes

Try 2% Yellow cake in Gooey cake and drop the sugar cookie a 1% or 2. One thing to remember is that you can add if it needs it. Yellow cake is a definitely coil gunker, nice flavoring tho.

Also too much Cheesecake LA in The Clinic. This is a flavoring i use often and never over 2.5%. Even at 2.5% you run the risk of it causing the coils to gunk up quickly causing a bad taste. Also try dropping the Bavarian Cream or Sweet Cream a bit in this recipe.

Get rid of the sweetener, many of the flavorings you are using already have EM in them.

Hope some of this helps!

4 Likes

I must say that I am still very new to this. But I had some struggles at the begging. Acouple recipies had me hitting my head against the wall. I am defiantly no expert so here is my noob advice (but now I do officially have to many bottle of great tasting juice that I am going to unload them at work tomorrow for free)

Try making simpler recipies. Acouple of those recipies above require tweaking based on personal taste and what you are going for. I also see a ton of sweet which for me blows my taste buds away.

Try just mixing a 30 ml bottle of a strawberry and custard. Give is a week steep (maybe a crock pot steep with a few days of rest). Then try it out, vape 5mls to see what you got.

Then add an appropriate amount of graham cracker (based on average mixing) and see how gram likes to dance with the fruit (gotta give gram some privacy for a day or two…he does like to down with fruit and custard privately). Vape another 5mls

Then if it’s not sweet enough, say lets jack this up and add yellow cake because everybody loves yellow cake. Put some in there.

This won’t give you the perfect repeatable recipie, but it will give you idea of how your flavors play together.

That way when you go to the 8 ingredient recipie you can say, hmmm, caramel and vanilla are good together but at to high of a percentage makes it unbearably sweet…so let’s drop the percent of those ingredients by just a touch. Then you end up with a great tasting result or one you scratch you head and say “oops, I did it again, I play with his heart” and add back the vanilla and caramel.

4 Likes

how do you crock pot steep?

Using class bottles (plastic can melt), place them in the crock pot on low for 1-4 hours. People report that it can help speed up the steeping process. most will use it for custard / bakery mixes and not for tobacco or spice mixes. Many people also report time is the best, but sometimes you want your juice now, in 5 days and some of those custard recipies really do get better at 2-3 weeks.

Lots of good advice here. The way I have been coming up with my latest recipes is I think of something I want to make. Let’s come up with something on the fly… How about a Strawberry and Banana type dessert…

What’s in it? Strawberries, Bananas, Cake, or Cookie, or what have you. Whipped cream, ice cream.

I will start with the fruit…

I have lots of Strawberry flavors to play with in My Stash. Flavorah Strawberry sounds good. And is one I have never used. So let’s research it. Click it. Looks like the average mixing quantity is around 2%. Scroll down to the recipes using it and click the Rating link to sort the recipes by rating. Ahh, the top recipe is by someone here I respect for knowing how to make a good recipe - DarthVapor. Let’s look at his use of it… 1.8%. In the comments both Darth and Amy say they are not a big fan of FLV Strawberry. Hmm. So I personally would try using it at a lower percentage and add another Strawberry to it I am more familiar with. TFA Strawberry (Ripe) is one, but I have one I just used that I love. It is One on One Strawberry (Ripe). I know from experience using it at 5% is pretty strong. Since I am adding it to FLV Strawberry I will stay around 2% and hope they compliment each other.

So my recipe begins…

Strawberry Banana Dessert

Ingredient %
Strawberry (Flavorah) 1
Strawberry (Ripe) (OOO) 2

Flavor total: 3%

Now for the Banana…
I have Banana by FA and FLV. I also have LA Banana Cream. But let’s stick with fresh fruits. I want to try the FLV Banana. SthrnMixer has a recipe at the top of the list called Monkey Nuts. Another respected member here. He uses it at 3%. I’m gonna go with that after reading through the comments.

Now for the Ice Cream. TFA Vanilla Bean. This is an easy one for me. I use it between 4%-5%. That was based on similar research. But I have enough experience with it I know this works for me. So let’s say 5%.

Now we have this…

Ingredient %
Banana (Flavorah) 3
Strawberry (Flavorah) 1
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 5

Flavor total: 11%

As I get into a recipe I am watching my flavor total. 11%. Not too bad for the flavor brands being used. TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream jumped us up there a bit.

Now this needs a crust, a cake, or a cookie. I don’t have any cake yet (shocker). I have Graham Crust flavors, and Cookie. I love FA Cookie. So let’s throw that in there. I have used FA Cookie a lot at 2%. I have always wanted to try it just a tad higher. So let’s try 2.25%.

Top it off with a whipped cream. I have FA’s and TPA’s Whipped Cream. But it doesn’t appear anyone has used FA Whipped Cream. Hmm. I know FA flavors are always around the 2% range. So I am going to mix up a 10ml of it at 2% and put it in the closet and use my trusted TFA Whipped Cream instead. I can’t remember my usage so I do a search and there in the list I see DarthVapor’s Red, White & Blue…again recipe. Right up my alley since it’s a similar dessert. He is using it at 3%. That’s gotta be a good starting point.

So here it is…

Ingredient %
Banana (Flavorah) 3
Cookie (FA) 2.25
Strawberry (Flavorah) 1
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 5
Whipped Cream (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 16.25%

Now I’m gonna go make it :wink:

Somebody give me a name lol.

10 Likes

Nice rundown! This should be put in the Beginner’s thread. Pretty much how I do things as well when I’m not adapting others’ recipes. :smile:

I can do that or you can paste it in there if you want. And thanks :wink:

awesome. have you tried this yourself? I sure hope it works, because i am a huge custard fan. You said 1-4 hrs. does that depend on how big your batch is?
thanks for your help

what is EM?