Session Drummer's review of the Geekvape Creed RTA

This RTA was sent to me for the purposes of this review by @June from GearBest.com but as always, what I find is what you’ll read.

https://bit.ly/2MJJJQY
GearBest is also running their Autumn Markdown Event:
https://bit.ly/2LFlzBT

Specs:

25mm Diameter
4.5mL Standard Juice Capacity
6.5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
Spacious Build Deck
Two-Post - Single Terminal Per Post Design
Top-Secured via Slotted Flathead Screws
Large Terminals For Easy Coil Lead Placement
Single or Dual Coil Configuration
PEEK Insulator
Three Interchangeable Internal Airflow Options
Three External Airslots - Adjustable AFC Ring
18mm 810 ULTEM Widebore Drip Tip 
510 Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
510 Drip Tip Adapter
Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Available in Silver, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue, Black

Having been completely hooked on most of the Steam Crave lineup, I grew tired of looking for a better version of an RTA/RDA that would match, or even improve the incredible flavor, will the Creed do it ?? Read on…

Your packaging may be different than the samples sent out for review.

Needless to say the packaging was the standard fare

And it came with some great goodies including a spare flat glass tank, multi-tool, grub screws, o-rings, a 510 and 810 drip tip

AND, 3 airflow sleeves !!!

Starting out, the Creed RTA is a 25mm bottom (and side) air flow, 2 post setup.

Utilizing a top fill design with a knurled top cap and smooth threads made assembling this a breeze, and quick to fill.

One minor issue is the shared post screws, which will limit bigger coils.

The chimney section is adequate with smooth threading and a gasket on the top, but is flat topped, not domed.

You can run the 6.5ml bubble glass or the 4.5ml flat tank both of which snugged up nicely with no issues…

Onto the BUILD !!! On my first build tried some larger 7 wrap 3mm claptons but I could not get the air sleeve to slide over, so I reduced to 6 wrap 3mm claptons, coming in at 0.31 ohms.

Snug as a bug in a rug with no issues.

Although the “blocker” air sleeve did increase the flavor just a weee bit, my best results were with the honeycombed air sleeve.

Although wicking is not my strong suit, wicked up placing the tails in the shared juice wells fairly easily.

Used some of my ADV juice for a realistic flavor comparison.

Because the air sleeve(s) are installed before the chimney, decided to fully wet the wicks to keep it tidy.

Wicked, juiced, and ready to test riding the Para 250 and tested between 50-100 watts.

Testing/Flavor/Usage:

As stated above, have been looking forever for something that would equal or exceed the massive flavor that the Steam Crave lineup offers, and I think Geekvape has DONE it with this RTA. For all you SC heads out there, I’m not 100% sure the Creed RTA exceeds the flavor per se, but it MATCHES it. That, my friends is a big deal. Everyone’s tastes are different, and your mileage will vary, but I was actually VERY surprised. Having shelved MORE than a couple handfuls of different setups trying to reach this level of flavor proved to be very routine and almost mundane, so the Creed RTA was a surprise. The flavor was great across my testing wattages, threads and o-rings were very good, leading to a perfect assembly and teardown, top fill worked perfectly, and the 3 air sleeves were a very modern and new approach from Geekvape. Although, in my testing, the sleeves moderated the flavor slightly, the airflow “feel” was more affected IMO. My best results were with the round hole honeycomb sleeve. The 3 large air flow slots proved to be more than adequate, and fairly quiet, with no whistling. The build deck DID throw me a curve ball, and depending on your builds this may or may NOT be an issue. Sharing posts, and smaller ones at that can present troubles when building with larger coils, as well as the air sleeve which goes on before the chimney WILL limit how big you can build, BUT, as witnessed, bigger isn’t always better. With the coils I used, including the installation, this proved to be a non-issue for me. The final VERY worthy point of mention is LEAKING. Most of my beloved SC’s can dribble or weep just a bit during normal use, and most will DEF. leak if laid on their sides. I decided to do a torture leak test of sorts, and filled the tank, opened the air slots wide open, and laid the unit on it’s side for 2 hours, and it was BONE DRY !!! I could not do that with my beloved SC’s.

Colors:

Parameters:

Includes:

Conclusion:

Having a hard time finding faults with this one. Flavor for me, is paramount, because without that, nothing else matters, and this one has it in spades. Equal to, if not slightly better than my current flavor go to lineup. With the minor post/screw sharing and coil size limitations not withstanding, the complete absence of any leaking or drooling, I think I finally have a new addition to my flavor vaping lineup, and for me (and maybe you) that’s a BIG deal. 9.5/10 on this one, after trying hard to find any faults with it.

Pros:

• Flavor, flavor, and more flavor.
  • Build quality, threading, o-rings, etc.
  • ZERO leaking.
  • 3 interchangeable air sleeves to customize your vape.
  • Knurling on top cap and air flow ring for easy use.
  • Included drip tips.

Cons:

• Air sleeves can limit coil / build size.
  • Shared posts can limit coil size, and complicate install with larger coil leads.
  • It’s not free.

The flavor chucker comparison.

https://bit.ly/2MJJJQY

Gearbest’s Autumn Markdown Event !!!

S.D.

26 Likes

Very Nicely done.

4 Likes

Thank you @atssec97.

3 Likes

Thanks man. Great photos btw :smiley:

4 Likes

Great review, brother! May have to add this to the wish list. My biggest con would be the shared screws. I really have issues with those. Makes my OCD go into hyperdrive.

4 Likes

Thank you @adary.

Hehe, I hear you @Lostmarbles. You’re OCD is catching I think. I’ve not had the best luck with shared posts either.

4 Likes

I might just have to cave in here… hmpf!

Great review tho, awsome pics. Love the yellow, it makes the tank pop out.

4 Likes

@Mausberg Cave in bro !!! Kidding, I can’t spend your money. I am very anxious to hear what fellow flavor chasers think of this one. Always nice to get other feedback, both pro AND con. Admittedly having the shared screws/posts and the air sleeves is a little bit to get used to, but once the flavor hits you, it’s kind of hard to NOT look past those two little things. Thanks for the kind words, means a lot when you spend a lot of time crafting these lil’ reviews up.

3 Likes

I dont mind that actually. One of my fav drippers (apart from the hadaly for flavor tests) atm is the culverin, and that has shared posts as well. Just takes time getting used to, but when the leg length has been properly adjusted its just tightening down one side before adjusting the other :smiley:

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer, Another great review as ALWAYS! And AGAIN, your costing me money. Hahaha. I will have to have one of these!
Thanks Man!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Pap. Hope I didn’t cost you too much money. If you pick this up, make sure to report back on what YOU think about this lil’ flavor chucker.

3 Likes

Nice review. Agree the photos are outstanding.

3 Likes

Thank you @28If, trying to compete with @SmilingOgre’s video reviews !!!

3 Likes

Excellent write up brother

3 Likes

Dude! No sale! Your written reviews are in many superior to my videos. You catch stuff I would completely miss. And again, the photo’s are great!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Big Tin !!!

Thank you again @SmilingOgre

2 Likes

Great Review my Friend, Creed is looking good on the PSO, great pics and detailed info. You got me counting my change in my top drawer in the bedroom !! After just getting off a spending binge, change is all I got !!

2 Likes

Change is good @Mix_and_Hope, and thank you.

2 Likes

Great review, and as much as you love your SC I thought for sure this was going to fall short, that says alot for this RTA. Thanks for the information.
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @CosmicTruth. As always, everyone’s tastes are different, what I might LOVE, others might HATE LOL. I had grown weary of the search to be honest, things LOOKED great, but always had some thing that turned me off, so this one WAS indeed a surprise. I’m anxious to hear other flavor chucking feedback.

2 Likes