What do you really hate? (II)

As long as I’ve known you here (how long has it been ?), I’ve often SUSPECTED you were indeed, smarter than I, and know I think we can put that to rest. You are indeed Sir.

6 Likes

Thank you very much, that always means a lot. Thank you.

7 Likes

Smarter??? From the guy without enough sense to come in from the sun?
:rofl:

8 Likes

ROAR. Fair enough …

6 Likes

Been there, done that.
Realized pretty quickly that there’s not much hardware out there to warrant 5-7hrs of work (writing, editing, formatting, editing pics, etc).

Not many can fully appreciate the fact that folks like mjag and pugs (et al) go to for a written review (apologies if I’m not remembering you doing a hardware review). And I’d bet there’s every bit as much work in putting together a well polished video review like Ogre and Dan (etc).

11 Likes

No worries, they are dwarfed by my SFT reviews…

I’ve often wondered “Maybe it’d be easier to do a vid review, and just edit it as needed”, but then … :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sitting on the couch with a good vape and a Mike’s Hard Lemonade and having to lift my feet every time my Roomba passes by vacuuming the carpet. :smirk:
Then I have to watch it go by a lil something something a million times without picking it up. So frustrating until it finally does and then I give it a big cheer. :triumph:

Life is rough but It’s a love/hate relationship as with these cats.

12 Likes

Sounds like it 2 me. B careful…, a heat stroke is no good!

8 Likes

Seriously! lol

Not to mention that almost every one of those is outside of my area of vaping (no offense)… I should have remembered the Peacemaker, but even it gets “blurred in” I guess.

6 Likes

LOL, I had to search…

6 Likes

Hate being ripped off during our ‘Move Out’ sale. Someone named Miguel Angel bought our nail gun with a FAKE $50 bill. So, he got our nail gun and legit $35 cash in change. Grrrrrrrrrrr The Bank said it was a really good counterfeit. Yes, I reported to the sheriff. All the good that will do. uhg

7 Likes

One of the things I used to do while selling on Craigslist years ago was carry a “bill tester” marker pen with me.

Very sorry to hear about your experience though. That’s just LOW.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that, hopefully he accidentally nails his hand to a semi truck that is about to depart.

What a low character ass, I hope he gets what he deserves

9 Likes

Agreed, that is low. I’m certainly glad I haven’t been caught yet.

Seriously though, very sorry to hear it!

8 Likes

If they’re reasonably good counterfeits, the fed. gov’t will get involved under the assumption that this is not a one-time event.
I’m curious how you came about finding it was counterfeit. Did you deposit in the bank and they caught it or did you use it to buy something, nearly getting arrested yourself? And how did you know his name from a yard sale exchange?
Shitty deal but inquiring minds want to know… :thinking:

8 Likes

I advertised our move out sale on Facebook, in local groups. He messaged me about the nail gun, then came to buy it.
When we made the bank deposit the next morning, is when we were told about the counterfeit $50 bill. I immediately went to look him up on Facebook and discovered he had blocked me. Anyhow, his facebook acct and description was given to the Sheriff.

10 Likes

Risking long-term jail time, a felony record, and “Bubba” pokin’ around your back door for a $15 purchaseBrilliant! :roll_eyes:

“You can’t fix stupid”

11 Likes

Totally agree there.

He sounds easily traceable (unless it was a fake account) and the fact that he blocked you on FB pretty much tells me he knew it was counterfeit.
I rarely handle real bills nowadays. I bank electronically and use a debit card. I don’t think I could spot a fake but it defiitely makes me me more aware the next time I do handle cash.

9 Likes

Yes on all fronts.

Even still. If it was a fake account, there’s still an IP tied to it, and to that, a MAC address. And even if it was tied to a burner phone, the phone would have cost more than the purchase (even with a cheapie phone from wally world).

Then again, if he’s truly “the criminal element”, the phone was probably stolen (from wally world), the wifi on the phone was used to the Fake FB acct, and then the phone ditched in the nearest micky d’s trash can as they spent some of their “celebratory” $35 change. sigh

Still. Even IF they went to such lengths, they already put in more work, time, and trouble to run a scam, than it would’ve taken to purchase it by having worked for the money legitimately.

Still = dumbass any way you look at it IMO.
/smh

10 Likes

The nail gun is probably on Craigslist as we speak.

11 Likes