Smok TFV4, one tank to rule them all

I’ve been running the installed coil from the kit at 50 watts and it works well. Tried it at 60 and it works about the same. 60 watts is my max. So I’ll be taking opinions on what machine to buy. I’ll defineately go TC. I might as well dive into the deep end. I can swim pretty well.

I didn’t have any trouble with the stock coils but with the RBA I can’t figure out how to keep it from leaking out the air holes when refilling. One guy said to screw the atomizer into the chimney first, install the glass and then fill. I tried that but the atmoizer will not seat into the base this way and you get no contact. Grrrr. Who dat, who dat, who dat got the answer?

I screw the head in the base first, but be sure it’s not too tight, or the little o-ring will distort and it will leak! Other than that, plenty of cotton, just dipping into the juice channels… The o-ring thing had me stumped, as I wrote in my review. I thought I didn’t wick it properly until I found the o-ring!

1 Like

Your right Lars. I’m looking at it now and I can see how it’s going to be trouble. I’m thinking we should get spares. It’s very fragile looking. If it’s to tight it will crush and leak. If it’s not tight enough it will leak. Can we even get parts?

I’m going to the hardware store this weekend and get some rubber o-rings. I think that may solve that problem becuase the one supplied seems very weak. Still though I don’t believe that will fix the leaking problem I’m having when refilling with the RBA installed. Maybe I need to use more cotton? Maybe use this wicking method I used on the Kayfun for a long time after watching this video.

Plenty of cotton - Did you follow @Pro_Vapes post?

I did. That’s what I used when I first set it up. It did great until the first refill then juice just pours out the air holes. I tried the above method from the video. The flanged top of the chimney makes that method useless. So…I think my problem is I’ve been using too little cotton. I just redid it again and should know something shortly but I feel using more wicking probably will fix it. It was a little precarious getting the chimney screwed down so it’s definitely full…and still hitting hard.

Oh, and mine is the single coil deck…but the premise is still the same.

the love bro the love feeling it!!! two tugs and bam new emotions will surface… hahaha

1 Like

Just like @Pro_Vapes said, he’ll love us again when he gets his tank. I’m glad I bought mine instead of winning it. I can sit here and look at all the stuff I’ve bought over the years and grimmace at the amount of money I’ve thrown away on gear. Each time I thought it was the last thing I would need. Now I’m wondering where we’ll all be in another year!

@daath - Lars, what I said before was the issue. I’ve had to change my idea on what is too little and too much cotton. You know those Kayfuns and Orchids have quite the learning curve and are indeed finicky when it comes to wicking. This TFV4 though is huge and even though ProVapes had a great tutorial, you just don’t realize how much more cotton you need until you’ve played with it. Those juice channels are massive.

3 Likes

just think of what we used to spend!!! where I live when I quit I was paying 7.00 a pack x3 between my wife and I now it’s 9.00 …??? I did the math and I could spend more now on vape gear haha😋

3 Likes

Ah yes, the single, that’s what I used. I took one look at those juice wells, and thought, “I NEED MORE COTTON!” :smiley: Worked a treat for me :smiley:

1 Like

I also spung for the R2. Cant have you ladies have all the funs.

2 Likes

So when you say “tugs” are you talking about…

tokes drags puffs??? lol :wink:

1 Like

I was just sayin, if you were talking about a different “tug” new emotions may surface as well…nah mean!!
:wink:

2 Likes

you’re a riot man™

1 Like

skeet skeet skeet!!!

ummmm

2 Likes

I have my tfv4 for about a month now and the triple coil had a machining dimple on it wich made the contacts loose from coil to tank resulting in overheating and blackening of the bottom of the coil. The rba works fine (thank god) but be sure to check those out it made just like on @DarthVapor 's nautilus mini check yours out!

1 Like

I don’t have a naut mini bro, just 2 full size nautilus :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone know where to get seals for the TFV4?