SMOK TFV4 Review: The pinnacle of tanks!

I was quite skeptical at first when you mentioned thie to me in the past. I just built the dual rba head on this thing. Holy shit am I impressed. Even got the minimalist amount of cotton so that its just touching the juice channel openings. Combing your cotton certainly does help.

Nine wraps 26g 316L stainless on 2.5mm bit came out to 0.27 in non-tc mode on the snow wolf 200 ripping this juice at 70 watts. Its about what I run in my authentic Velocity and I MUST SAY it is quite ON PAR with vapor and flavor production.

Screw the Crown. And all the others.

Heavyweight here people.

2 Likes

That was pretty much my same reaction. Itā€™s not a knock to the Crownā€¦ the TFV4 just out performs them all when running the dual rba.

I hear people talk about flavor and vapor all the time. I can say you havenā€™t experienced the best until youā€™ve tried this tank. Iā€™ll pit it against any tank on the market and most drippers.

1 Like

The quad coil is far far superior to the triple coilā€¦if nothing else, you should at least just try it for the experienceā€¦I vape my quad at 85 watts and there is plenty of roomā€¦I know the Ti is magnificent, but I had to try the quad and damn its a beast!!

And just for the record, ill put my dual RBA back in when my 24g Ti gets here, lol

I will also add this:
The TFV4 has definitely definitely changed the entire playing fieldā€¦they have raised the barā€¦they have rewritten the rulesā€¦I mean, how do you stand a chance against this monster???

1 Like

I agree with you there. I tried the quad too. Amazing vapor production.

If it was SS or Ti it would be even better.

If I wasnā€™t a Ti vaper Iā€™d probably love it, but it has that kanthal metallic taste that I hate.

I never noticed that metal taste until I started using Ti.

Vaping Ti coils really make it hard to vape other wires because once you get use to that clean taste, you can spot that metal flavor right away.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œPro_Vapes, post:50, topic:27217, full:trueā€]Vaping Ti coils really make it hard to vape other wires because once you get use to that clean taste, you can spot that metal flavor right away.
[/quote]

Thatā€™s the truthā€¦

Youā€™ve ruined me PV - mission accomplished! :smile:

2 Likes

I imagine I can say the say thing. TC and Ti. Itā€™s all PVs faultā€¦

2 Likes

just think that the crown was uwells first tank whatā€™s in the futureā€¦ I wonder?

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. Canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s next.

2 Likes

I love it too even though Iā€™m still using the Kanthal wire it came with. I do disagree on the initial poster who did the review. **I donā€™t think it drinks a lot of ejuice. It seems to use the same amount of juice as any tank running at 40 o 42 watts. I especially appreciate the easy top-fill opening. Iā€™m notorious about doing taste testing adding a bit of this, puff, puff then that again and again. I ended up buying 4 Crown tanks and 3 RBA decks for the Crown. Iā€™m hoping I can rebuild one of the non-rebuildable coils. I certainly will not use any that are nickel. NO More Nickel for me. Itā€™s poison!

I got my Aromamizer the day before yesterday. Iā€™ve cleaned it and boiled it 3 times and changed the cotton wick 3 times too, and I still have a strong machine oil taste in it. Now, Iā€™m just trying to put a flavor in it that will cover up the taste. Iā€™ve used dish-liquid pot cleaner and I did a vinegar soak overnight. The machine oil taste is less, but still present quite a bit. There is an area I canā€™t get into to clean. It must be in there.
I love, love love (even better than Crown or TFV4) in flavor. and excellent dense vapor, but I donā€™t like the rubber air-flow ring. This afternoon I put some very thin juice in it, and it dripped on my hand twice and gave me a burn. Iā€™ve never had that happen before with any tank. Iā€™m running it at 22 watts with the air flow very slight. It really does drink up ejuice, much more than any other tank I have. Anyone else thatā€™s got an Aromamizer, please message me or post any/all info. Joya

To me 40-42 W does practically nothing - With the triple coil it starts to shine about 75-80W and the quad coil around 80-90Wā€¦ :smile: And at that wattage, juice is just disappearing like crazy.

1 Like

God I hope you like that tank. I have two of them, both from the first run. Severely flawed tank. I have the velocity styled deck coming soon and will revisit. Just a horrid horrid experience with mine. If youve seen the Pbusardo video he did, I had the exact same experience he did with his. That damn Robert Ellis suckered me into buying it. That bastard.

I just built for the first time on the TF-R2 head - Dual Ti, 7 wrap ~2.5mm ID, ~0.12 ohm - Itā€™s magnificent! :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes it certainly is. Iā€™m loving my SS build too.

Through the app for the Xmod I got a notice about the TFV4 mini that will be 22mm and the RBA comes with Clapton coils. My jaw dropped, Iā€™ve got a full black TFV4 tank and Xmod kit on preorder already.

Guys, I hate to tell you but SS, and ESPECIALLY 316SS, contains chromiumā€¦itā€™s somewhat volatile when heated and extremely toxic. I would not vape that alloy, period. Chromium inhibits corrosion, which is what makes 316 so good, but again chromium is very bad for you. Its also the reason i dont vape nichrome, buthe maybe I am overly cautious.

Can you provide any data supporting this to included the temperature at which chromium becomes a problem? Iā€™ve also heard things about nickel and titanium but so far itā€™s always been like thisā€¦statements of concern with no supporting facts. Iā€™m all for safety, just want more than a casual warning.

Iā€™m anxious for your reply.

3 Likes

You do know that Kanthal A1 is an alloy of
Iron Aluminium and chromium.

CMJ

1 Like

#REVIEW ON TOXICITY OF STAINLESS STEEL

ACUTE TOXICITY
Although there are no data on acute toxicity studies of stainless steels, the
longā€term use and subacute studies strongly suggest that no acute toxicity via
inhalation, dermal or oral exposure is expected. Also, none of the constituent
metals is known to be acutely toxic.

REPEATED DOSE AND LONGā€TERM EXPOSURE TOXICITY
A 28ā€day repeated inhalation study, performed with stainless steel, clearly
indicates a lack of toxicity. The doses used in the stainless steel study were
markedly higher than those used in the corresponding nickel metal study. In
the study researchers saw no adverse effects, even at the highest
concentration of stainless steel (1 mg/L), whereas another 28ā€day study with
nickel metal showed that the lowest nickel dose (0.004 mg/L) already resulted
in clear signs of toxicity. Available data on animal or human longā€term
exposure via metallic implants do not indicate any adverse local or systemic
effects caused by stainless steel.

CARCINOGENICITY
Animal studies on the carcinogenicity of stainless steel include studies
evaluating the ability of different stainless steel implants to induce local
cancers at the place of implantation. No indication of carcinogenicity has been
seen in these studies. Human data on occupational exposure to stainless steel,
for example in grinding and polishing tasks, have not raised concerns about the
potential carcinogenicity of stainless steel. Although there are few case reports
on the stainless steel implants and local tumours near them, analytical
epidemiological studies on the carcinogenicity of various implants have not
shown any evidence of increased cancer risk. The IARC has concluded that
stainless steel implants are not classifiable as to their carcinogenicity to
humans (Group 3).

4 Likes

Thanks for that. However, the article may not be sufficient as it deals with things other than this being used as resistance wire in vaping. I didnā€™t read every page of the PDF but rather used a search of the doc with the word HEAT. Most instances of the word dealt with heat treating of the metal. The only remotely significant result was:

Berg et al. (Berg, Petersen et al. 2000) found that chromium was not released from
electric kettles and coffee machines (grades of stainless steel not given) in any
significant amount. Electric kettles with heating elements made of stainless steel, or
with elements efficiently coated by gold or Teflon, did not release nickel in quantities of
any significance, whereas kettles with elements of nickelā€plated copper and some of
chromiumā€plated copper released measurable amounts.

This could be an indicator of potentially problematic use of resistance wire containing nickel and chromium. However, metallurgy is a funny science. Metals behave differently in alloy state than in plated conditions. Still, if nickel-plated metals release ā€œmeasurableā€ quantities of nickel (who knows what that means, it could be severely minuscule) at cooking temperature, it does lend credence to the concerns some may have over nickel used at vaping temperatures that may reach or exceed 500F.

Iā€™m not using any nickel or chromium-containing wire at this time. However, I will say that there are times using Titanium where I get a strange taste in the back and roof of my mouth. Iā€™m thoroughly cleaning my wire prior to building coils so itā€™s not that. Iā€™m wondering if I got a low grade of wire seeing as I bought it on Ebay and would be interested in finding out from @Pro_Vapes where you get yours. Iā€™m not concerned per se, but I do want to add changing my wire as part of troubleshooting my issue. Itā€™s not a contant problem which is why Iā€™ve done so much rebuilding. Iā€™ll get that taste and bamā€¦time to make a new coil.

1 Like