Sobucky (SSA) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer Series VI

Mixing these up these six new flavors from Sobucky, at my standard 1% rate. Will steep them 1.0-1.5 weeks before testing, and as always, they will be tested in a 70v/30p/3mg base. All tested on (you know), the SteamCrave RDTA v.1, running dual 24ga. Kanthal vertical coils, and fresh KGD cotton, at 65 watts.

Cocoa Milk (SSA) 1.%
Creme de la Creme (SSA) 1%
Cherry Maraschino (SSA) 1%
Cherry Mascarpone (SSA) 1%
Meringue Lemon (SSA) 1%
Strawberry Candy (SSA) 1%

11 Likes

Isn’t Cocoa Milk (SSA) the same as Cocoa Milk (Molinberry)?

3 Likes

Not sure @KC111 once the brands were merged-ish, it’s hard to tell.

4 Likes

Do you have Cocoa Milk (Molinberry) to compare it with?

4 Likes

Hehe, no, I sure don’t. It showed up as new from @Bull_City_Flavors so I just added it (them) to the cart.

3 Likes

Ok, I can send you the original if needed.

3 Likes

From what I understand it is Chocolate Milk (Molinberry). It was done in cooperation Chemnovac. The Whole Molinberry line has been discontinued. Why waste a flavor formula?

5 Likes

That was what I was wondering, if the newly released Cocoa Milk (SSA) was the same as Cocoa Milk (Molinberry).

4 Likes

I had the Molinberry Cocoa Milk at one time, to me it was more of a cocoa flavored whipped cream @4% not really milky but the cocoa flavor was pretty accurate.

4 Likes

That would be most logical since Chocolate Milk MB apparently does not exist anymore, but…

Sobucky (and Nomz and…) are selling MB flavors as MB flavors. Super Aromas MBS collection - page 4 (and that’s not a whole MB line in there; it’s clear that they removed many MB flavors).

Contrary, they are developing new flavors on top of the previous and on top of the MB line; example is Sponge Cake: Sponge Cake MB, Classic Sponge Cake MB and now they came up with Home Made Sponge Cake SSA and Fresh Sponge Cake SSA.

I would be surprised if they were changing names of the long-existing and well-established popular flavors if there wasn’t a strong reason for that (i think they would much rather want to keep those exact names, right?); by strong reason i mean changed recipe / flavor with other ingredients. I would bet those are not the same (but as often happens, i might be wrong).

3 Likes

They announced their closing of MB at the end of 2023. I remembered reading something about consolidation of MB into the SSA line. I imagine Nomz is liquidating existing inventory.

5 Likes

https://molinberry.com/

4 Likes

That’s surprising. Thx for the link.

But… ( i can’t surrender yet )

Closing the brand does not necessarily mean closing the line. We know for a while that MB brand is a thing of a past (and for same reason Inawera was forced to change their name too), BUT…

…they can still sell (and that would make sense business-wise imo) same products under some other brand - as a product line. Like Red Cherry (MB) SSA.

And this is precisely what seems they are doing at Sobucky - keeping those flavors ‘as they were’ - as a MBS Collection and NOT drowning those flavors and names and making them straight SSA. That would be weird business decision imo.

That’s why they are selling Shape Up Pear (MB) under the SSA brand instead of selling Shape Up Pear SSA. So here’s my thinking… if they left Shape Up Pear (MB) alive and 80 other (MB) flavors too, then they would also keep alive Chocolate Milk (MB) - if it wasn’t changed; but it seems like it was, so that’s why it’s not sold as (MB). I couldn’t explain otherwise why it’s not mentioned there as (MB) if it really was MB. We will see what time will tell.

4 Likes

"Chocolate Milk (MB) - if it wasn’t changed; but it seems like it was, so that’s why it’s not sold as (MB)

4 Likes

Chocolate Milk (MB) was a typo (auto correct). Should have been Coco Milk (MB). That may be why it isn’t listed. I hate autocorrect but it is useful when you can’t spell like me. May be spelled Coca.

4 Likes

Lol, I feel like a dummkopf trying to follow all the flavor brand changes. @Mikser I do remember seeing something about Inawera. What name are they selling under now and is there still a Polish Inawera website to purchase from?

4 Likes

It’s Flavorika now. FLAVORIKA.COM
but Inawera is still alive and you can still order there it seems Inawera.com

It seems they still have that same hobby dev who had made them their website 10 years ago… sadly one of the best parts is missing - forum. We could read what’s coming and what’s worth to buy half year in advance. That’s a shame.

4 Likes

Thx. Yep, that’s what I miss about Fasttech, their forum.

3 Likes

Love the creme de la creme- 120ml worthy to me lol

Dying to hear about the meringue (lemon type :crazy_face:) !! Need to hear about it before I purchase now that I can be picky.

3 Likes

No kidding! I still have that in my cart since the last time I tried to buy it and was out of stock. Sounds like it’s becoming more urgent now, lol. Mof, I was thinking of it for my latest TMA mix but I wouldn’t get it on time.

3 Likes