Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

Oh yes, about as real as I’ve ever tasted.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m the total opposite being a big tea drinker (Yorkshire Tea) and just having the occasional posh coffee but I love coffee in vape form when it’s done right which is a hard thing to do so this sounds like a must have for me.

2 Likes

Mixed sample bottles at 2% of the following and finger tested:

Apple Strudel - Cant wait to see how this develops. It was a bit weak, but can pick out all elements that make a great Strudel. Will test after a week.

Blueberry - This tastes more candish then real. Not bad, but was hoping for more realistic Blueberry. Will update after a week when I really test it.

Ripe Strawberry - some Strawberries I can taste, some I cannot. Finger test suggests I may not taste this one, but know that something is there. Will test after a week.

Sweet watermelon - I really like this one. Sort of half candy, half real watermelon with some rind. May be better than Big Watermelon by Molinberry. Will test after a week

Bubblegum - May have found an actual bubblegum that tastes really good. Better than any other Bubblegum I’ve tried by far, but will test after a week.

Raspberry syrup - The holy grail. Tastes like an actual Raspberry that I picked in my yard. Not the red kind that has more tartness than sweetness, but more of the maroon kind that’s fully ripe and has some jammy sweetness. This may be the best Raspberry out there in my opinion. Will test after a week.

9 Likes

One simple (maybe) question. I have tried using an online coil wrap calculator by Vaping Hardware and find it quite difficult. I wanted to use 26AWG Kanthal wire to make a coil that will be 0.5 Ohms. I am calculating for a single wire, single deck coil. This calculator shows as 2 wraps (rounded). How to fit and wick a 2 wrap coil? Am I doing something wrong? I changed the wire to 30AWG and it shows as 3 wraps.
Ideally I want about 6 wraps / 0.5 Ohms. How do I go about in getting this figure?
I tried it without using the calculator and got about 0.9 ohms using my resistance tester. Got 0.4 using my multimeter and 0.21 when I put it on the mod. I was actually trying to recoil and wick a coil (Triple 0.2ohm factory fit) on the Wismec Predator/elabo sub ohm tank. I couldn’t source any custom made coils and so had to resort to rebuilding it.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Have a pleasant Wednesday.

Take care & stay safe.

2 Likes

@Skyhawk26 I’m not familiar with the Vaping Hardware Calc, most people I know use Steam Engine, and with your stats of 26ga. Kanthal, and target of 0.5 ohms, it’s showing 4.46 wraps with an I.D. of 2.0mm.

Play around with Steam Engine and see how you like it.

5 Likes

Hello @Dman,
Thank you kindly for this link. What will be the normal/ a good I.D to make? I was trying to make a 5mm I>D coil to fit in the tube of the factory built coil. I managed to do it but burnt my coil in the process of testing. Hahaha. Back to the drawing board now.
Thanks again. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve never been this close to finding a difficult flavor that works for me. Now I have a solid three I can work with, Espresso (VSO), Cappuccino (SC) and Mocca Coffee (SSA). I’ve discovered others that work well as supports or embellishments like Coffee Liquor (VTA), Tiramisu (FA), Brazilian Coffee (SC) (WF). There are still others I haven’t tried that are getting good reviews but the point is that the research time has been shorter than it has for others. Still not feeling solid on my caramels for example. It seems finding good fruits is a lot easier for me. Do you think that’s a palette thing or that certain flavors are just difficult to replicate?

4 Likes

Hello @Dman,
I just tried my hand with the Vitamin Styled RDTA. I received all my coil wires and I also bought some prebuilt coils (48pcs of 8 types @ 6 pcs each). Now, I fitted two Hived Coils @0.50 ohms and put it on my smaok procolor mod. It started going all funny and the ohms was fluctuating between 1.76 to 2.85 ohms. Each time I unscrewed the atty, it would read different . Sometimes it shows as a short circuit and a few times it comes up as Ohms too high! Now, the 510 pin is detachable and I had that really tight. So, I loosened it up a bit , removed 1 coil and tested. It did the same and after adjusting the now single coil, I got it at 0.77ohms. So, I tweaked it a bit more and it went down to 0.45 ohms. I put the second coil in and again it was haywire! Ohms too high, short circuit, ect. I removed both coils and tested just the empty atty and it read as no atomiser (which will be right). I also tested all the contact areas with my multimeter and all seems good. Tried with another coil (fitted a single Fused Clapton 0.45 ohm prebuilt coil) and it was the same. The ohm readings were anything from 1.77 to 2.8 0hms. Checked the screws and tightened them and it came down to 1.37 ohms.
I gave up for now on this. Very stressful and not as simple as it looks on all the YouTube Videos. Hahaha.
Also, I got some AOLVAPE tweezers from FT assuming that they were the hard heat resistant plastic, but No, they started melting! Need to source a set of ceramic tweezers real fast.

Any suggestions on this ?

Thank you.

Warm Regards, (nice hot day today although the wind is a bit chilly)!

3 Likes

LOL, well THAT sucks. As far as your swinging resistance, if you have another mod to test on or a coil building tester, it would be good to rule OUT (or not) your setup. If you try the coils on another setup, or a coil tester, and it’s ok, then we know there’s an issue with your primary setup.

An example would be …

https://www.amazon.com/New-CoilMaster-521-Mini-TAB/dp/B07CVQD1YX

3 Likes

Well, I have a resistance tester as well as 3 mods (a KBox 200, a Geekvape Lucid and the Smok procolor), also a digital multimeter. After I started tweaku=ing with the tweezers it came down to 0.54 ohms. Still feels strange though. Shouldn’t it be at 0.25 ohms with the 2 x 0.5 ohm coils ? I am going to remove those two and try 2 freshly coiled kanthal 26AWG wire @ 6 wraps each, 3.5 i.d to get about 1 ohm each. Then try it out and see if the read out is correct .

I think my resistance tester is not good. I rested the atty on it about 30 mins ago and first it showed as 0.54 ohms then it started to flicker (battery was weak, I think). Put in new batteries and it showed as 3,50 ohms . I put it on the Lucid and it read 0.49 ohms. Just as well I do not have a Mech Mod. I don’t intend to get one either.
Could be the contacts that may be loose, although I have rechecked all the screws holding down the legs. I shall start fresh tomorrow morning. Recheck the entire atty for grounding and continuity without coils in place.

Have a pleasant day mate. Thanks for getting back to me on this and the link for the coil master

3 Likes

@Skyhawk26, (2) 50 ohm coils in parallel should net 0.25 ohms. I’m not sure how you’re loading them, but that math is correct for parallel.

3 Likes

Good morning. Yes, something is amiss here. I think it could be related with the legs not being screwed in /held properly. I am struggling to fit these coils and keep them in place (so thin this wire). Everytime I try to adjust the coil position, it pops out. Top feed is hard I think. I will try again with thicker coils like an Alien Clapton coil. Or just wait for the Coil Father King RDTA to come in.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hehe, ok THAT, is or can and will be, a problem. Any thoughts why the legs aren’t tightening down ?

2 Likes

There is hardly any depth in the screw hole (only about 2 or 3mm) , so I had to cut the legs off a fair bit to lower the height of the coil.
Anyway, I put in the Alien Clapton coils (prebuilt 0.45 ohms x 2)and it showed as 0.30 ohms and when I started firing it it went down to 0.27 ohms. Is that normal? What watts would be best to set the coil and glow it? I started at 8 watts and went up to 35w but still no glow, only a bit of smoke and once it sparked near one leg.
Definitely I have plenty to learn and probably end up wasting some coils.

3 Likes

Finally got it working. Took a long time to get the coils to glow. One coil was heating up at the belly and the other had nothing at all. Now, it’s all working but still a bit slow to heat up. The mod reads 0.32 ohms, 3.40V and vaping at 35W. Is this safe? Hope I am not straining my Mod & batteries. The mod does not get hot/ warm, only the RDTA gets a bit warm.
Wicking well and occasionally I get a zap on my lips. I dare not take long and deep drags due to this. Filled up with FW Hazelnut 70vg/30pg/6mg. Good flavour but no throat hit unless I take a couple of quick consecutive deep drags. The cloud produced is absolutely amazing! I love this. I have gone through almost 3.5ml of juice in a few minutes. Hahaha.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone. Take care & stay safe.

5 Likes

Well, thanks out to @wllmc, going to be doing another Series with these really good, ultra flavors from Sobucky. Will be mixing shortly, thanks William.

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1%
Butterscotch (SSA) 1%
Creme Brulee (SSA) 1%
Guava (SSA) 1%
Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5%
Jucy Cherries (SSA) 0.75%
Nectarines (SSA) 1%
Ripe Banana (SSA) 1%
Ripe Coconut 1%
Whipped Cream (SSA) 1.25%

11 Likes

Ohh geez, another coconut :crazy_face: