Squonk or rdta?

OK… I guess there’s no way around making my own experiences so I thought fuck it and ordered a Kylin M rta and a dual 18650 topside squonk mod for the profile rda. Going back to normal tanks is hard after you’ve tried a mesh rda :laughing:

5 Likes

My first (and last) IJoy RDTA was the Limitless. Absolute piece of crap.
I bought it because I read raving reviews about it but if there was a contest for atties that produce the least amount of flavor, this one wins hands down, a mile ahead of the nearest competitor. If I smelled the atty, I got a good wiff of the nice flavored juice inside the tank but the moment it was vaped, all the flavor went up in vapor. I will bet you that the Njord prototype even had more flavor than that.
I have no idea how they did it, but someone in the designer team must have had a phd in aroma removals :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, it was not nearly as limitless as they said.

3 Likes

Lol, I don’t have that one, and won’t be getting it, thank you for that! But, yeah, I have a Oumier wasp rdta, and yeah, it sure didn’t deserve the reviews I saw. Ijoy’s Triple leaked from the get go, but, flavor made it worth hunting down a fix. I think I may have 5-6 of these in reserve; Kangertech’s Dota. The reviews are shite, spoiler alert. Whatever you do, don’t fill it the way the manufacturer suggests. Just stick the bottle nozzle in the wick hole and fill…you scrunch your wick a little, but it’ll fill back out when the juice hits it. And, take about half the cotton out of the original build….it’s a little much. You can get the darn things for less than $10 a lot places, and $3-7, if you hunt. The dota is good enough to be the flagship, just like the subtank mini was.

2 Likes

I have seriously been rocking this setup for a year now. I use NI80 mesh and simply love Vandy Vape mesh. 8 bucks and you get a roll of mesh that can last a year or more. I travel all the time with these and have an hour drive to work. Lasts to and from work. Use the Wotofo mesh as a guide for the mesh to place in the profile.

10 Likes

The above picture is the BF 80W mods. Used with 20700 batteries. I love it.

6 Likes

That is exactly the same two mods I have been carrying daily the last year also, even the same colors lol, I have 5 of the 80’s and one 90, waiting for the drop to snag a few more 90’s. I have not had any issues with any of them.

6 Likes

Good to see your head pop up man!!
Hope you’ve been well.

6 Likes

Just kind of like JoJo. I have been lurking and just got my head to the grindstone. New house about 6 months ago and trying to find a new identity after military retirement and that has been difficult.

5 Likes

Just solid devices!

4 Likes

Right… so I finally received the Topside dual today! After only 2 weeks…

First thoughts:
Yihi chip. Exciting - first contact for me
Can’t see liquid level in original bottle. But I guess I’ll have to get a few anyway.
Sometimes I squonk instead of firing
Slight dry hits even if the mesh and cotton look saturated. But I haven’t replaced the cotton yet, still using the 2 week old mesh and cotton.
Can’t install the Windows driver. Found some videos but only 2018 stuff so far.

It seems to be working well so far but I’ve only been using it for a couple of hours. No leaking, no mechanical issues, no reasons to complain (yet?)
The closing mechanism for the battery compartment could become a problem, I’ve had a Wismec with a similar design which didn’t last very long.

5 Likes

It comes with a clearer extra bottle I think

3 Likes

Yes there is a 2nd, clear bottle.

3 Likes

UPDATE

I’ve received the Kylin m tank eventually and I’ve been using it for a week now. Compared to the Profile RDA it is a little bit louder, the Profile has a slightly higher air flow. There was a little break in although I’ve had it all cleaned before wicking. There were no dry hits from the beginng but the first day it came close to dry hits. After the first day this problem was completely gone.

I don’t really know yet what I prefer, but it’s pretty obvious that both solutions beat all my old hardware. I’ve been using a Crown 3 with the Kanthal wire coils and a Crown 4 with the mesh coils. I guess I’m going to retire them now. Or use them as a backup in the car or something.

The Profile on the Topside developed a bit of a funny tast but I can only taste it in direct comparison with the Kylin m. But I’ve been using it for a while now without taking it apart for a proper cleaning.

I’ve also seen conflicting advise about wicking. Some people recommend as much cotton as you can get in, others say it’s better to use less. Any suggestions? Mine are both more on the dense side. The Kylin seems to be perfect now after the break-in, The Profile is not really so consistent. But that could be caused by different saturation of the wick depending on the squonking.

I guess the next thing will be anther squonk rda. Or 7.

6 Likes

Well, I basically run cotton through to where it’s fairly resistant to pull, but doesn’t disturb the coil. If it slides in with no resistance, it’s usually going to be spitty and burn out the cotton within the coil. Too much and it tends to dam up around the edges of the coil and won’t wick to the middle properly. My experience anyway.

9 Likes

I have both the kylin m rta and profile rda. IMO, the flavor on the kylin m is ahead of the profile.

6 Likes

Interesting. I love the profile for its flavor.

4 Likes

Don’t have the Kylin but I’ve a few Profiles and until recently, they were my all-day toppers. I then got the Elder Dragon and although the flavor is slightly more intense in the Profile, the Dragon is just so much more satisfying overall. To me, it’s better than anything else I own.

7 Likes

I haven’t used all the different mesh types yet but so far the kylin m produces better flavor than the profile.
The elder dragon looks interesting but reading about the restricted air flow puts me off a bit. Has anybody tried the Alien coil in the profile?

3 Likes

My top 2 are the Elder Dragon and Kylin M. Don’t get me wrong, the profile is a really great rda! It would be my #3.

4 Likes