Squonk or rdta?

I have a Nixon. That reverse threaded cap is a pain LOL Always forgot about that and ended up dropping the cap on the floor more often than not. And it just wasn’t a satisfying vape IMO.

3 Likes

I forgot about that cap. Yeah, it was a pita but I did get a good vape from it. I can’t even remember the build I used but something tells me it was a very small Clapton. Nope, just checked. A 3mm, 26g ss round wire, 5 wraps, legs up and coil close to AF hole and not extending far beyond it in length. Same principle as a Kayfun except for the legs up. Not sure how you can’t get good flavor from an RDTA since they are dripper-like. Not to say that I’ve liked all of them but I was a big Avocado fan. I mainly dropped them because I found the clean up extraneous. The VF Galaxies above just fits my mtl/flavor banger button so I’ll tolerate the clean up.

5 Likes

I got 2 of these, a gamble, I know…but, I’ll get them built and let you know. They split my order up, so these I got first, but there’s an arctic dolphin floating around Singapore with my name on it, since April. I’ve been waiting on an Ultroner since March!!

4 Likes

Looks real similar to the Nixon. I would be interested in seeing how you like it. Hope you get your dolphin. Shipping from Asia is real iffy lately.

3 Likes

I’m on the cusp of switch out cycle, i.e. cleaning some out, building new stuff, different juice, etc. I ended up waiting til I have one functioning and then run around like a crazy lady.

6 Likes

I mostly vape higher resistance high gauge fused claptons in single coil RTA’s and RDTA’s. I prefer a restricted lung hit so juice consumption is pretty low. I tried squonking with multiple mods including the Topside and it wasn’t for me. Maybe it’s just in my head but I swear I can taste the silicone leaching from the bottles. I find that carrying a small bottle of juice and refilling every now and then is not much of a hassle. Of course this is just my opinion so take it for what it’s worth.

5 Likes

I’d have no problem with a big RDTA like the Hellvape Iron Maiden (I used that for several years). But I can’t get the intensity of flavor that I can get from a small RDA. Thing for me is refilling often; it irks me. So I’d need 8ml capacity minimum like the IM had. And nothing real tall either.

4 Likes

The newer Aromamizers hold a ton of juice and have excellent flavor but they are very large.

4 Likes

I’ve seen @mjag holding one with two hands and a foot, so yeah they have a bit of heft.

8 Likes

I upgraded, now I have an over the shoulder tank holder, I can now vape and walk at the same time :grin:

7 Likes

@Robin14 I am also very interested. Did you get it in the meantime?

2 Likes

I have a Hala and I love it. The flavor is outstanding. The airflow is slightly restrictive without the inserts but still very smooth. Gasmods make very nice atomizers. I also have a Kree RTA and a Kree 24 on the way.

3 Likes

Hey, folks! I forgot to update, duh, right? So, I let you decide. Honestly, I didn’t buy the atty for this mod, but…well, it does look…you tell me!

I’ll try and do some build pics, too. Any requests? Certain builds? Certain wires? Choices are pretty wide open. The inserts on this baby, nice. 3 of them…I’m gonna go with the 2 hole on. I have 3 in right now, and the restriction seemed right. I’m probably going to use a heavy by juice, so, MTL set up seems right. What do y’all think?

9 Likes

Heavy vg juice, thanks auto correct! Lol, it’s Ruthless’ Menage a trois

3 Likes

Lol, I concur! Gas mods attys, very, very nice. Its on my Pico squeeze OG, and looks fantastic. Baby stealth! Love that size! That’s what she said! But, I am equal opportunity! I still love my Maxo, that bloated POS, with the crappy battery door. Throw a sleeve on it, problem solved.

4 Likes

Still waiting on my origin Ultroner from 3fvape, quit tracking 5-15. Got a pair coming from fasttech. Shipping has improved somewhat in last 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Very nice Robin. Glad you finally got your dolphin. I like the look of that atty!

3 Likes

I’m reminded of Andy Griffith, “Everything taste great when it sits on top of a (Ritz) cracker.” It just looks like it belongs there. Finally got the Topside Carbon up, pics to follow!

5 Likes

@Robin14 I am interested to see your Topside Carbon on top of a Ritz cracker.

3 Likes

Looks gorgeous. And expensive. The atty looks great on top of that mod. Can you feel the envy?

3 Likes