Stainless Steel TC - X Cube 2

Midwest (I live in Misery) been to 30 some countries and joined the Navy at 17 after my 11th grade (I had attended 13 different schools in those 11 years of school). Most countries hire budding teachers that are in their country to translate directions or instructions into their languages (not just english). At least that is how it use to be done in the old days, most likely most countries have enough people that have traveled within their own employment now or have supposedly had enough schooling.
I was going to a location that the company I work for was going to train employees at the other location and was given the training manual that was going to be used, while we were at the airport so ā€œwe would all be on the same pageā€ and found 18 or so typos and poorly written sentences on the first 4 pages. When I pointed it out to the other 3 people going on the trip that made the training manual they took offense basically it wasnā€™t nice to show them the problems after all the hard work they did.
My basic comment was ā€œSo your going to hand everyone one of these and make us all look like idiots huh?ā€ I more or less got the silent treatment for the rest of the tripā€¦ actually I still get the silent treatment lol.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad they donā€™t design nuclear power plants!

[quote=ā€œCallMeTut, post:41, topic:27566ā€]
I still get the silent treatment
[/quote]Fuck em

1 Like

Ya know @DarthVapor the following line you wroteā€¦ ā€œif do finished updater button disconnect error you worry no is ok we make happy fixā€ looks like it says not to worry about an error you might get after doing the upgrade, the upgrade is still going to work correctly.

1 Like

Question for all you X Cubers:

Knowing what you know now, would you still purchase it?

Iā€™ve taken it off my shopping list. Every time there is something said that is cool about it, itā€™s followed by a ā€œbutā€.

I was gonna say ā€œJoke 'em if they canā€™t take a fuckā€ but you sorta beat me to it.

1 Like

I would definitely buy one againā€¦ but ā€¦ jk. I love mine, and for the price it was well worth it (got it for $60 shipped at vapenw.com). The only thing that gets on my nerves is having to pay for TI and SS coil support. Itā€™s cheap, but still gets on my nerves.

For me, itā€™s got more than enough power, all kinds of settings can be tweaked, and as long as Smok stays on top of the firmware, it has potential to compete with future devices with features that donā€™t exist yet.

1 Like

Itā€™s the little things that make get all Primate-Fecal. Best I stay away from it then.

Like what? Iā€™m curious.

Iā€™ve never not liked it. I actually have like it more since I bought it. The only thing I hate is the app and the only thing I bitch about is the app. ā€¦ that sucked from day one. But you do not need the app for the mod anyways so yes Iā€™m still very happy with it. The only problems I have come across that people have is because they used the app and it caused issues

1 Like

Yes and the appā€¦ that mother #$#% app. Apparently iOS users donā€™t have the problems us Android folks do. One thing the app is good for is changing the LED color. It can be changed on the mod, but requires the RGB levels. Thatā€™s understandable because having 16 million color choices might be a little overwhelming on the mod screen.

Even if the app worked flawlessly I still wouldnā€™t use itā€¦I think its a waste of time and pointless because you can do everything on the mod and it never made sense to me when you have your mod in your hand ,to put it down, to pick up your phone, to change your mod to pick up your mod again :wink:

Good example would be changing the head gasket on a Ford Focus. Major PITA but doable. I can handle that. What will get me going is being sold the wrong bolts because Ford used three different types for the same model/year car depending on what month it was manufactured

A frustrating app would probably make me chuck the cloud chucker. Crazy, right?

Ahhh the voice of reasonā€¦

Lolā€¦obviously that is just my opinion on it. I got the mod back when it was on vr 1.05 and now it is on vr 1.091 and with each update they add new features, not just TC coils. I have had zero issue with the mod since I bought it but I also do not use the app. I downloaded the app on day 1 because I was curious and the thing kept crashing and I REALLY hate buggy softwareā€¦kinda a pet peeve of mine so I never used it. The only issues I have come across with people is because they used the app to change this or that and now their mod is fucked up.
Iā€™ve seen people program their wattage settings (which you can easily do on the mod) through the app and then they go to use it and it jumps from 30w to 120w and fries their coils. Ive seen people change other settings in the app and now those settings donā€™t work on the mod. All of which I have seen have been app related issues, keep in mind not everyone has issues with the app but a majority do.
Thankfully you can do everything on the mod itself so you can just avoid all that garbage. Actually Iā€™m sorry this is incorrect, you can only unlock/pay for Ti/SS TC thru the app but this is just a purchase. Some people have had a lengthy process of setting up their Ti TC functions but this is because it is extremely technical while others have not. But the function itself works.
I paid $50 for mine and yes I would do it again but it appears I just won another one plus the TF4V so thankfully I wont have to!!
I didnā€™t buy the mod for the app tbh and always thought of it as a gimmick. If you are buying the mod for the app then yes stay away

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Iā€™m between the cube and the ipv4s. I have time before I can afford to buy it (thank you ā€œBack to Schoolā€ sales) so Iā€™ll research a little more.

BTW, Conga-rats on the win! Color me envious.

1 Like

Haha!
Dude I still canā€™t believe I won! Seriously I wonā€™t believe it until that shits in my hands!
I donā€™t know much about the ipv4s and itā€™s hard to get straight info about ANYTHING online cause someone is always going to bitch about somethingā€¦I have heard a lot of crap about them and I have also heard a lot of good. I just take leaps of faith and make my own choice.
I was one of the first to get the Xcube and there was A LOT of hate out there pre-release, ppl saying it rattled, the battery door doesnā€™t stay in place, it leaves mad finger prints, TC doesnā€™t work, etc etcā€¦All bullshit! All the way down to the fingerprintsā€¦OR at least on my unit :wink:

1 Like

The app has never crashed on me. If itā€™s on sale for a good price, like around $60 Iā€™d still get it - itā€™s good even without TC - 160W :smile:

2 Likes

Never? Really? wow! You are the only person I have spoken to that hasnā€™t had a problem with the app! Lucky you! lol

Yeah donā€™t pay more than that! They are normally 55-65 so if they are charging more than that they are ripping you off!

Oh, Iā€™ve had problems - Their backend servies went down - but the app never crashed on me,

Well said. I concur.