Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite DL/MTL RTA review by Mjag

I was just checking and I do have some Geek Vape 30x3 38g N80 but it has been a while since I used it. Some 4 core N80 too from LV but that looks to be too much for the small chamber of the AL. I know @SmilingOgre has been having a bunch of fun with the AL and he does some cool builds, maybe he can chime in is he has a chance, I am about due for a rebuild myself.

6 Likes

Have you been happy with the one you posted above?

2 Likes

@muth that was my favorite build above, SS316L Triple Core Fused 28g x 3 with a 36G wrap spaced coil. The wire from Advanced Vape Supply, usually stock up when they have holiday sales. Pretty sure that is what I have in there now but will find out late this week when I put in another build or just re-wick. The only build I was not crazy about was the bigger 3.5mm build, affected the airflow too much and was overkill. Wasnā€™t crazy about the single wire 26g SS build either, just didnā€™t give me the same flavor as the tri-core.

6 Likes

Thx for reiterating. I like AVS myself. The only other SS Iā€™ve bought that has topped all of them is from a medical supplier. But they donā€™t make Claptons, lol. But if you want annealed 316L ss sutures that will hold up inside the human body and donā€™t mind paying the price of shipping you canā€™t go wrong. Iā€™ve had builds last for 6 months.

6 Likes

That is pretty cool, do they make a bunch of different gauges? I have one of those clapton makers so could roll up some fused, still havenā€™t had success with 3 or 4 core though. Where would I buy that wire from?

4 Likes
4 Likes

Yes, they make different gauges. Depends on whether they have to sew your breastbone back together or something less dense. Not exactly an appetizing subject, lol.

5 Likes

Gā€™nite all. Thx for the help @mjag

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag but Iā€™m really not doing anything that exotic. Iā€™m using 26+32 single core SS and getting wonderful flavor and dense fog. Well, I guess thatā€™s subjective but per what I am used to anyway.

7 Likes

ā€œā€¦make sure the bottom of the coilā€¦ā€ You think this will work okay when the AF is closed for a tighter hit?

3 Likes

Simple is good :+1:

5 Likes

Preference does come into play so play around with coil height. I always like to have my side airflow partially come from under the coil too. The more you can get the air to flow from both sides on the coil up, the better flavor you generally get. Usually it does not matter if it is a tight or loose draw, you want the vapor to move up, not sideways.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s how I usually like to direct my AF, too. For some reason my pix didnā€™t upload to google photos but I went with 5 wraps/0.47 ohms and 5mm legs. My leg cutter gizmo doesnā€™t have half steps. The coil looked good through the AF holes, though. The one drawback for me is that the only 75+ VG in the house is a recipe that isnā€™t my favorite but the instructions advised high VG or else possible leaking. Gotta say, the recipe tastes better than it did in some of my other tanks. Yes, Iā€™m happy with the flavor production. Canā€™t wait to put one of my preferred flavors in it.

Whatā€™s this business about filling within 30 seconds or else risk leaking? Why not close off the AF ring? It doesnā€™t mention that. Is it because even with the ring closed thereā€™s some air flow?

Just want to say thank you again for the great review and tutorial. It really helped me. First build, no problems whatsoever. Canā€™t remember a manual being so well written, as well. Thatā€™s a first for me!

4 Likes

I think that has more to do with the wicking, they use a dam system so it can be easier for juice to enter the deck if left open for too long. Funny thing is I did that today, was filling and got a call and left it open for a few minutes. The deck did get flooded a little but I just tipped the tank over a sink and got out the excess juice out. It didnā€™t leak out the air flow though, just was spitting when I went to take a draw.

I am really glad I could help out, that is always my goal and am thankful it helped you.

5 Likes

Btw, my laptop stopped highlighting so I canā€™t do quotes.

Itā€™s not usual that I find an RTA that enters my rotation. Iā€™m hoping this will. So far it has the qualities I look forā€¦ease of build, flavor, minimal parts (and all the parts work well!) I kinda went through juice pretty quickly but these coils tend to do that I find.

3 Likes

@mjag I was hoping to find the other AFC ring on the SC site but I didnā€™t see it. I still want to mess around with MTL and see if I can find a sweet spot. Do you know how I can get one. Either that or Iā€™ll end up drilling out the smallest hole (0.8mm?) on the one I have. Thatā€™s useless to me.

2 Likes

Do you have the AFC on the left?

The left is the new one, the right the old AFC. If you have the old one steam crave will send you the new one for free but I heard you have to pay for shipping. I donā€™t think they sell it separately. Use the link for there site I posted in the review and use the contact to ask them about it.

4 Likes

Yes, AF ring on left. So, there were two batches of ALs or two different editions?

3 Likes

From what I heard the first version people complained about the MTL performance. They changed the AFC for a tighter draw but personally I donā€™t find it to be a great MTL tank even with the new AFC. AFAIK that is the only difference between the 2 and the old AFC is no longer available aside from old stock.

6 Likes

Thanks. Right, an AFC ring does not a good MTL tank make. Thereā€™s more involved.

5 Likes