Stones and my usage:

Seriously you are very appreciated! I’m wondering what percentages you use after the stone is created and how long you would steep stones and/or if steeping is even necessary?

4 Likes

Did that when testing flavors and finding my profile.

4 Likes

Stones to me do not require a steep due to just being flavors. Just add it like you would a fruit flavor. I just know what calls for a strawberry base is my stone, then enhanced.

5 Likes

Nice thank you, and I had fun converting the fractions to percentages also, they look real good will try the strawberry, banana, and custard ones for sure

5 Likes

I have not heard the term “stone” related to DIY juice. Is that a common term for making a new base from mixes of multiple different ones?

Thanks for sharing this. Very informative.

7 Likes

They have been around awhile. Base, stone or one shot. Though a one shot may just be one of your favorite mixes where as a base or stone works with the additives of fruits and such.

10 Likes

The way i think of it, just like @TheTinMan, but in my longer way of saying it…
Stone or Base=
A new concentrate you make from multiple concentrates; intended to cover one basic aspect of a recipe. i.e. A Custard stone…that you can add Caramel, Cakes, fruit etc. to to build a complete recipe, different every time, any way you want it, but your Custatd is the same in each… It has the benefit of not needing to add 5 or 6 extra concentrates to every recipe just to have the perfect Custard layer, and you can also develop it to be your favorite Custard that no one or two Custard concentrates could ever come close to.

One Shot=
A new concentrate made from multiple concentrates that would be a complete recipe on its own; Custard, Cakes, Caramel, and fruits, etc. already blended. The benefit is using one concentrate to mix into your VG, PG and Nic, and coming out with a complex completed recipe.

You can still add stuff to a One Shot, but it is considered a completed recipe.

13 Likes

:ok_hand:Thanks for explaining @Plunderdrum and @TheTinMan

8 Likes

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones …

Unless they’re GOOD stones !!!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I havent been a fan of mango yet so im gonna give this a try. Thanks for all you’re hard work :wink:

6 Likes

You are most welcome.

5 Likes

Another stone to add:

Dragon Fruit:
4 oz TFA Dragonfruit
2 oz INW Dragonfruit

A very rich and deep fruit flavor.

8 Likes

So in response to my question regarding Vanilla Ice Cream, I got a recipe for a mix from Skullblade789 (I think) that was;

2% Italian Cream
1% Sweet Cream
10% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% Vanilla Custard and
2% Vanilla Swirl

Haven’t tried it yet but will soon. If I was going to make a stone of this, I think it would be;

12.5% Italian Cream
6.25% Sweet Cream
62.5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
6.25% Vanilla Custard and
12.5% Vanilla Swirl

Did I get this right? Then when I use it, I’ll mix it at 5% and another flavor like coconut at 3%.

5 Likes

Yes as a one shot the suggested use by itself would be 16pct … But to use as a stone you can mix it at wahtever percent you like 3 to 5pct as the base seems legit… It does contain some strong flavors that tend to dominate like the IC Hang… So try it between 1 to 3 as well it could be fine at lower percentages if using as a cream

5 Likes

So with a complete fuck up on my part I got Capella Vanilla Custard V2 and directly added it to the stone without seeing what version it is. Well it was not a bad fuck up. This added a dense, dense layer of custard to the mix that I was not expecting. What a difference that makes! Get both of those and add it together it is so damn good!

4 oz. CAP Vanilla Custard V1
4 oz. CAP Vanilla Custard V2
1 oz HS Italian Cream
1 oz TFA Vanilla Swirl
1 oz FW VBIC (to me no pepper taste, adds a layer of cream)
1 oz FW Whipped Cream
1 oz FW Bavarian Cream (Adds just another layer of cream)

10 Likes

@Skullblade789 That just screams, “Creamy, custard ass kicking” to me.

5 Likes

@Skullblade789 I SUCK at trying to get “One Shots” right, and wanted to SAVE your stone. What % do you think this would scream @ ?? 13% ??

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavorbase/3264068

5 Likes

Depends on what flavor you are adding it too.

2 Likes

Well how about just soloing it, to see how it fares ?

2 Likes

Solo 10% for that thick mouth feel. I am only doing maybe 5% in my barrel mix. See how that combines with the bourbon.

3 Likes