SugarDaddy Sweetener has been highjacked

I’ve only bought it from Chef’s. My question is, has Chef’s ever had your product purchased from you?

6 Likes

Yes …they got the original when they first stocked it a few years ago. However (from what I know) the first batch was the only authentic order they had. I believe the recipe was switched out since then.

7 Likes

Thought of doing that a while ago. But it doesn’t matter now.
I have taken control of this sweetener.
If they want to sell the same sweetener under his brand name it won’t do him any good…now everyone knows the VG based isn’t his.

6 Likes

Unfortunately there is no contract…it was based on trust ( I know…stupid on my part). His intensions why to change the recipe was to improve it. The way I had this mixture was to tame all form of artificial aftertaste which I succeeded in doing…the down side was that it slightly muted flavours in exhisitng recipes…but it was to be expected, for one…it’s completely VG based.
We spoke years ago about 'TWEAKING" the recipe to TRY to fix this issue but I felt it didn’t need it so I never followed up with him. I Just wanted it to be left as is.
He says I just disappeared…I was never gone…my facebook was always on. He has never reached out since so somehow this is my fault HE changed the recipe.
It wasn’t his to change to begin with.
I took care of selling it and spreading it out in the community…I paid $$ out of my own pocket to have samples out in all countries.
His part was mixing and distro…that’s it!

5 Likes

The thing is by him changing the recipe it now has an aftertaste as I have bottles of his version.
It smells of cotton candy.
May as well just use TPA Circus and add sucralose…boom…same thing
Real SugarDaddy has a slight scent of sweetness but not cotton candy.
He completely went the opposite way with scent and taste.
Oh it’s sweet…and I know what changes he made…but…it’s not SugarDaddy

5 Likes

I got it from them when they first got it and loved it. I’ve been using it ever since. However, it was just last year when I noticed an aftertaste but it didn’t stop me. I’ll be getting it from you or your US distributor from now on.

7 Likes

Never had the SugarDaddy here but see it in quite a few recipes. I don’t use most sweeteners due to the after taste and read rave reviews on yours a few years back but didn’t see it at any of my normal suppliers. Are you going to distro it in Australia eventually?

6 Likes

Good to hear…keep in mind that I’m hoping Chefs Flasvours will carry SugarDaddy…they haven’t gotten back to me on if they wish to carry it.
And yes…TBV version has an aftertaste which totally contradicts the original recipe.

4 Likes

I will be attempting to contact a few stores in Australia. The problem is the shipping cost.
Due to the ingredients I use which is Organic plus the shipping…I’m not sure what the final price tag would be at your end…
If you can provide me with a few flavour shops I would be happy to try.
Worse case is you’d need to purchase it from the U.S from OSDIY once I get this batch I’m making as I type this msg to them.
I’m hoping to get more U.S retailers to carry it.

5 Likes

Yes, I understand. You could try https://www.liquiddiy.com.au/ as they seem to have a lot of different things there and their communication has been good with me.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link…I will send them an email shortly.

5 Likes

And yeah any distribution should have had a legal binding agreement stating they where not allowed to infringe on or change any components. In fact it is your fault. Its like handing the keys to a bugatti to a 10 yr old and think what could go wrong. There is nothing you can do and major players wont talk to you as its business as usual and you have zero proof it is actually your recipe. This is where you take it on the chin and move on. I hoped you have learned something from this. I would feel bad for you but as you agreed it was stupid on your part. Good luck bud

5 Likes

Where can we get your original formula?

4 Likes

That’ll be 50 thousand dollars please

3 Likes

I am working on sending out a batch to OSDIY in the U.S but this won’t happen for maybe another few days.
Also in Canada, DIY-EJUICE will have the original hopefully by next week.
Right now both stores have pulled the existing product off the shelves until they receive my shipment.
I’m not sure about what Chefs Flavours in the U.K is going to do.
I did send them an email concerning this issue.
All I was told is they will review this matter.
I have also advised them That I can send them a batch if they wish to order any.
No response to that yet.

5 Likes

JOEL!!
lol

4 Likes

I only wanted 5%

4 Likes

I was looking on Chefs and Nom nomz sites and noticed they both had it still listed a few hours ago. It was actually on my “hit list” but I thought nope after what I’ve read here.
At least you know your posting here has made a difference and that’s a minuscule less profit for him!

Hope you get it sorted as this is immoral and contrary to what has been said far from your fault in my opinion. In this day of legalities there still should be some trust in business and in general life.

5 Likes

I’m trying to think of who you guys are talking about. The only thing I can think of is The Broke Vaper being referenced on Reddit. Is that the TBV who’s been doing this?

I got a 60ml bottle of Rick’s Sugar Daddy from Wiz Labs a couple of years ago. I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I never really learned how to use it. Maybe that’s the wrong phrase :laughing:. I either used to little or two much, never really figuring out my desired preference. I tried it a few times but started mixing less frequently.

6 Likes

That’s what I took it to mean… The Broke Vaper.
I hope I’m not barking up the wrong tree!

3 Likes