Summer's nice and all but

The temperature is way beyond my personal acceptance level. At least it is the first day of the holiday so I guess I shouldn’t be complaining. Have a nice summer!

7 Likes

Is that 41.5??? Christ… a bit hot innit??:joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Not much better here … i ain’t got no airco like you in your car :crazy_face: A peak of 41° expected in a few hours, it’s 34° inside now.

4 Likes

I thought belgium is supposed to be a cold country, with snow and stuff?

3 Likes

Supposed to… I thought so too
Whoever tells me climate change is a hoax can get slapped now :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It’s not a hoax but the ozone layer isn’t the reason.

Damn, that’s 111* Fahrenheit

3 Likes

I’m probably not far from you. Northern France near Verdun. Just over half way…

3 Likes

Maybe. I live in the UAE, 70 miles inland from Dubai. July is the hottest month of the year with temps normally hitting 120-125 F day after day after day. This entire month has been the coolest I’ve ever seen. I take my boys running in the morning and it’s only 85-90 F. I went out today at 2pm and it was only 110 F and that’s been the norm this month. I’m hoping next month doesn’t heat up.

Btw, I’m from New England. I’ll take this heat anytime over those damn winters.

7 Likes

Our typical summers are somewhere around the 20’s… 25°C is a good day. Most places here don’t have airco where we can shelter, mostly only business places, cinemas or shopping centers.
I’m pretty sure in the UAE, airco is something that is as normal as running water.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a nice warm summer but we’re just not made for these temperatures.

4 Likes

It’s official…hottest day in Belgium ever recorded.

5 Likes

France, Belgium, UK, Netherlands, Germany, … it’s everywhere. I just saw 42°C on the thermometer and it feels like an oven :sweat:

5 Likes

Yep, last year was the first time in my lifetime that I’ve experienced temperatures this high.
This year we have a repeat.

5 Likes

I’m sure this will keep on repeating and maybe even get worse. I’m starting to think the best way to escape all this is to join The Night’s Watch were winter isn’t comming but is already there…
So sorry… guess what I’m watching :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Fotor_156408967647858

7 Likes

Son of a…

6 Likes

All your gas evaporated?

4 Likes

I hate getting gas so much.

5 Likes

This thread makes me feel so hot and yeah… uggg… :hot_face: :sob:

4 Likes

83F in Detroit right now, with a low of 66F expected tonight.

(Our heat wave was last week)

4 Likes

It’s the river or Main Lake for you next time if any higher.

3 Likes