TFA Vanilla Custard thoughts?

Yes got a great picture now. You reminded me I whipped up a on the fly pod mix using VBIC-Cap once and it reminded me of van ice cream w/ real whip cream topping. Just want to get some custard in there. and a strong vanilla note.

I’ll keep searching my friend!

Good tip! tyvm nah Im 24% nic

3 Likes

I knew that pods require more flavor totals but I had no idea about certain flavors not coming through … why is that? I haven’t tried them, but having less-than-good experience with older cigalikes has kinda put me off of them.
Maybe ELR should have a separate recipe section for pod recipes to avoid confusion for regular mixers and make it easier for people using pods to find what they need.

5 Likes

Have 2 of these Aspire Breeze 2 and all the different Atomizers

I’ll figure out how to get better flavor from em.

Perfect for me. in between e-cig and power mods.

I’ll lower the nic so i can use the lower resistance atomizer for max power.

12-28 W, Voltage 3.5-4.2 V.

Atomizers
1.2 ohm
1.0 ohm
0.6 ohm

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits508.html

edit: now that I think about it…that once time that VBIC really was wonderful, was when I did have the 0.6ohm coil in it.

2 Likes

Edit: If I make something good and non-private, I’ll take the nic down to 3mg before I post it.

Good luck even wit my friends that use the RDA’s, can’t figure it out. something tasty on one of their mods, wont be the same on someone elses, it’s too funny guess ya hav to find what works for you and keep to it.

2 Likes

great flavor

4 Likes

Watching the Stock Ticker that is the Recipe database I noticed a recipe labeled POD. Interested parties can just search for “POD” on the ELR Home

This has to already be a discussion on ELR …don’t make me look :smirk: I can assume any Pod recipe creators would automatically think of that same Title add. I see some Pod recipes from @fidalgo_vapes vapes and @anon84779643 in my Search above …any Pod recipe naming convention threads?

4 Likes

I dont think it has bud. Assume they did it to help them separate them from their others but would be a kind gesture if they did add (POD) or whatever to the name.

4 Likes

I put (pod recipe) at first then i added ( nic salts ) as well so i think my last recipe looked like this
PG ( pod recipe) ( nic salts ) . I decided to do this so people would know the difference and be able to tell right away what the recipe was made for … I have a few more to make public soon … I think with the high nicotine content it is my responsibility to make people aware right away , maybe in the future I’ll add a warning in the notes , I would hate to see someone use that recipe in a sub ohm set up or try to use freebase nicotine

4 Likes

I love the idea! :thumbsup:
I do think it could be considerably shortened though (for better visibility). :wink:

Recipe name (pod, PG, salts)
or
Recipe name (pod, PG, freebase)

I’m not really sure if PG is even needed, as most pods won’t handle high VG to start with (but I’ll leave that to the folks who know, as I don’t have a clue on pods!) :wink:

Great thinking to help your fellow users out though! Kudos!

3 Likes

There is a reason why pods should be created from a complex recipe. At the amount they hold vs the heat from the coil, it ruins complex flavor chains and you are no better off it you kept it to around 3-4 flavors. Pods are very simple and the mixes they use should be too.

I do not increase flavor amounts either, there is no need to do that with the ultras.

@BoDarc
I can’t comment on TFA Vanilla Custard… haven’t used it on 5 yrs now. :wink:

As far as naming, I normally use the left part of my recipe for that, however if @daath could perhaps make a tick button to click stating that the recipe is for pod mods, might make things simpler. I know a few folks tho that use nic salts from 9mg and up so it will be a bit harder to determine if a recipe is for a pod mod or rda… tuff call.

2 Likes

Agreed

The mid range POD devices are pretty decent for flavor and quality vapes. The lower end ones I stay away from, unless they have some unique feature like cotton less coils.

I’ll be reviewing one of these lower range ones with ceramic coils. I’ll let you all know if it’s a game changer. I hope it is.

Mid-Range pod system
28 Watts max
0.6ohm (coils 1-1.5ID or more)
Some type of air flow control

Low-Range pod system
12 Watts Max
1.0+ohm (tiny tiny ID coils)
No air flow control

1 Like

PG is the name of the juice… Peach Guava

4 Likes

You crazy kid you… :laughing:
Way to throw a wrench in! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I know right , lol, I didnt even think of the actual PG we use , but im lazy and horrible when it come to names for juice

2 Likes

Name Changed , insanely long now but thats ok

1 Like

Maybe in the abbreviation side of the resource guide we can add ( PR ) pod recipes and ( NS ) for nic salts

1 Like

Does anybody know if TPA Vanilla Custard II has the peppery notes as well?

2 Likes

@anon28032772… I think it has to do with the way some taste the pepper and some don’t…
I never got pepper… but I found it was a weak thin custard… not much use to me…

2 Likes

I get it from their original vanilla custard and vbic, not with vanilla swirl or other concentrates, that’s why I asked. version 2 should be richer and thicker, although I wouldn’t be surprised it won’t be the same strength as FLV, not expecting the impossible.

4 Likes

I haven’t used tfa in 6 yrs… 7 this May… so it might have changed over time.
I just can not ever recall the pepper note some say they get…
I know it wont be the same strength… or taste. guess its why I haven’t touched tfa in a very long time and def no plans to start again…

2 Likes