The Perfect Glazed Doughnut

I just made the one Fresh created last night because I’ve been lazy this week … not sure if his would work any better for you? He’s using that WF glazed doughnut … might be worth a shot?

5 Likes

Meh. I’ve got enough vapable profiles so I’m not spending more resources on it. I don’t use AP because of Frito, and I don’t have a cure for the Play-Doh either, so it is what it is.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s 6 months then. Oops. I have to be honest, I get playdoh from all donuts except Solub Arome. I gave up on Cap Glazed Donut a long time ago, (more than 3 months) WF is better, but I still get playdoh from that as well.

3 Likes

Do keep us posted. I haved had a doughnut vape I like yet and I love me some glazed doughnuts!

3 Likes

Have you tried Solub Arome Donut? From what I can gather it’s a love it or hate it one (aren’t they all?). I personally am a fan, but it’s a very “fluffy” donut, with next to no “yeast.” So if you like heavy, yeasty donuts this is not for you, but if you like light, fluffy donuts, this may be right up your street. If you have tried it, then you know this already, and I’ve just wasted 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

6 Likes

Never heard of it, but thanks for the recommend!

Try his time-travelled recipe . You might be able to get those 10mins back :rofl:

6 Likes

The Solub Arome is definately the closest donut flavouring for me so far, by far the best one. I have tried a few

Cap Choc Donut - Yuk
OOO Beignets - weak
Cap Donut - Bit play doh but it does work fantastically with cap custard, then is possibly the most enjoyable donut flavouring to vape
Sasami Mr DOnut - Just weak tasting bread
WF Glazed Donut - I just remember getting very little flavour from it personally and gave up after two or three mixes with it
Wow - Bready Joy flavouring to me

I have just purchased OOO Glazed Donut as another effort. I do really like Zeppola but liek others have said its more a cream cake type donut flavour.

If you are to make the first successful glazed doughnut, I think it would have solub arome in there, but what to add to it, I don tknow I have tried loads of pairings and none quite got there

5 Likes

I have just mixed up a 10ml tester of SA Beignet (donut) @5% in my quest to find a decent fried doughnut flavour because none of the ones that I’ve tried so far seem to taste of much at all even when it’s part of a recipe by other well respected mixers. I don’t seem to be able to get any of that fried greasy flavour that I love and I know it can be done because I can in taste it in a certain commercial doughnut juice that I occasionally get and that I now buy in a concentrate version and use as a base sometimes. I know it’s cheating :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes it is more a fluffy doughnut, but definately the closest i have tasted concentrate wise. It is pretty mild to me personally, on its own I would mix it at 10/12%
What is the commercial juice if you dont mind me asking? I wonder if one of these vendors has discovered the perfect donut with a concentrate by someone we are not aware of or a weird mix of flavourings you wouldnt even think of. Personally all my closest efforts have had Solub Arome, FA Joy and Flv Frosting in, but like everyone else it seems, none have really quite got there

4 Likes

Thanks, but I can’t get the RF(sc) anymore.,and I don’t have any of them. Wish I could, it looks nice.

3 Likes

No, you don’t get any “fried, greasy” notes from Solub Arome. Just a light, fluffy donut, and you’re right, it is quite weak. Finding what to mix with it, is the $64,000 question. There are many options. The journey is the fun bit though. Sometimes.

4 Likes

Fresh suggested using Flavorah Avocado for that “greasy flavor”

6 Likes

Fried dough FLV would make more sense… js :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe I will have to up the percentage on my tester bottle as I don’t have the best tastebuds in the world and often struggle to taste these new recipes with very low percentages that are the trend lately,thanks for the tip mate.
The e liquid in question is by a British company called Dough Bro’s and I have tried most of the range except for the Boston Cream and blueberry with the former being next on my list in the concentrate version,their caramel and coffee are my favourites so far. I’m pretty certain that I recognise most of the flavours that they use as their base which is the same throughout the range that I’ve tried but I just can’t put my finger on exactly what they are and I’m sure someone else with more experience than I have could quite easily pick them out as they are quite in your face so to speak.

2 Likes

I will have to get that as I only have the VTA Avocado at the moment,thanks for letting me know @authormichellehughes.

2 Likes

I thought about that one but people’s reviews put me off although I suspect there is a possibility that they were using it at too high of a percentage,I will give it a bash though. Thank you @anon84779643.

5 Likes

1-3 drops to start, in a 30ml @Lucas_James_Holden… You know I have been using flv for a mighty long time, and I know my flavors. check out the donut I just released… it really comes together. You could leave out the fruits altogether. They sell a donut here locally that if I ate it every day like I would love… I’d be 600 pounds! So that one is my interpretation of it :slight_smile:

You could add some sweetness to it, but it really doesn’t need it.

4 Likes

Thank you @anon84779643 for helping out here,I will certainly be checking out your doughnut recipe. I can imagine the temptation of having to pass the doughnut shop without going in and buying some as I am diabetic and have to do things like that all of the time…well ahem…most of the time :laughing:

5 Likes

Yeps right there with ya @Lucas_James_Holden… except I am not diabetic… just trying to lose a few pounds… bound and determined to fit into my bikini soon! :slight_smile: I love my sweets just a bit too much :rofl:

if you have the flavors, let me know how the mix turns out… just remember, you do not have to add the fruit… but you do not want to sub anything out on it either. I know it is a lot of flavors from my normal mixing, but if you ever do get all of the flavors, well worth a mix up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am very much the same with flavourings, a bit all over the place. Some I just cant get much from at all (strawberries being one) and often see some of these 4/5% recipies and knowing the flavours they have used, jsut know I would barely taste anything at all from them. Then there are other flavours I only use 1/2 or 1/3 of what seem to be the common usage strength wise.
Did just check out dough brothers and cant gather anything from reviews of flavourings…but does sound like there is a tonne of some kind of sweetener in them?

3 Likes