The truth about #teamfreeshit

You mean when I allow them to speak my name …:sunglasses:

9 Likes

THANK YOU, SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU!!!
That’s the FIRST time I’ve seen anyone put into writing, and quite so elegantly I might add, what it takes to do a review: when I do a review, it takes up to 20 hours, YES, 20 hours (and sometimes more), worth of recording (sometimes 5 to 8 takes), editing (8 to 10+ hours), and then spamming out the vid to different places, only to have some a-hole come along and say “dude, why are your videos soooooo LONG”, and “why didn’t you use (insert type) of coil”?
90% of the hardware I review I BUY MYSELF,with my own cash, I get VERY LITTLE “free shit”, why, because what I review, is stuff that interests ME, and I think, when I see it “hum, now THAT’S INTERESTING”, and it burns my but when people don’t even bother to give over a “like” or EVEN a “dislike” after all the work I’ve done, just “it’s toooo LONG”, or “you just do it for all the free shit, you don’t give a shit otherwise” sheesh!
L8R Bro, and again, THANK YOU!
Joe M.
“My Vaping Place” YouTube reviews.

15 Likes

Wow what an interesting read.
I would make a seriously shit reviewer, because I have been battling to find something to respond to this thread with that would be either funny, or profoundly deep, but all I could come up with was bullshit, which I kept deleting.
So I’ll just leave all the fancy writing to you guys, and thank you for your efforts, which I do enjoy.

16 Likes

I felt the same way on my first, but it gets easier, I promise! By no means do I mean doing reviews is easy…and as others have already made clear (kudos @TheTinMan)!

I have only done a few reviews myself, and I know what you mean! However, because I have only done a few, I may not be the best to give advice, but I will anyway, cause that’s just me!!!

To get started, think of what you wanted to know about this RTA before you received it…what questions did you have…then, use it, and continue to use it until you have answered all of those questions, and any other questions you come up with along the way…then add any interesting points you want to make sure to tell everyone, a list of pros and cons, specs…and, like everyone else has said, take lots of pics! Then write it all down, and put it in a logical order that can be easily followed…and “Voila!” you have your first review!!!

It is easier said than done, I know…but the truth is, getting started really is the hardest part!!! And if you would like someone to help you by proofreading it for you before you post it, I would be more than willing to do so, if you’d like! I’m not saying you need it, but sometimes just having someone read it first and then tell you if it is good or not is just what one needs to feel more comfortable posting a review, especially the first one!

15 Likes

@TorturedZen, Best advice ever and I strongly urge you to take Tracy up on her very kind offer, these days nothing goes out of mine without @Lolly going through it with a fine tooth comb, I’d sound even more ridiculous than I normally do if it wasn’t for her magical work, and the second best advice I ever received was ‘Just be yourself’ …which…admittedly…was a risky notion with me but, it worked, just relax with it, if you write it with the worry in the back of your head that someone might be unpleasant to you about what you published then it simply won’t work, these idiots are few and far between and not worth your time, everyone starts somewhere, my first review was a right load of bollocks but each time you do it you become less nervous and you’ll improve and find your own little style.

17 Likes

Just your first? :wink:

13 Likes

Well…first through to 71st…actually I think number 56 was ok…and 37 was questionable, but I’d totally skip number 85…I’ve no idea what I was thinking that day…

12 Likes

69 was oh-so-fine.

10 Likes

Now you’re just being an utter degenerate…you should be ashamed of yourself…

12 Likes

I should be…

13 Likes

I like bass… building a little something and should be ready in another few weeks :wink: :smiley:

6 Likes

Mega Groove! Can’t wait to see it! Unlike vape gear, I don’t “collect” them. I have a Warwick fretted Thumb bolt on, a Schecter fretless, and an NS Designs eub. Everything I need. I also have an old Music Man I used to play with a big band. I’ve never liked switching back and forth between instruments. I believe I’m better practiced using the one and letting my hands get accustomed to it. Obviously the three I use have very different voices and fit into different styles of music. I wish I had more time to spend with all three.

8 Likes

This guy goes on vacation to a tropical island. As soon as he gets off the plane, he hears drums. He thinks “Wow, this is cool.” He goes to the beach, he hears the drums, he eats lunch, he hears drums, he goes to a luau, he hears drums. He tries to go to sleep, yet he hears drums.

This goes on for several nights, and gets to the point where the guy can’t sleep at night because of the drums. Finally, he goes down to the front desk.

When he gets there, he asks the manager, “Hey! What’s with these drums. Don’t they ever stop? I can’t get any sleep.”

The manager says, “No! Drums must never stop. It’s very bad if drums stop.”

“Why?”

“When drums stop…bass solo begins.”

(I had to :smiley:)

12 Likes

Oh, burn!!!

You’re a brave man, slapping an ogre like that!!

10 Likes

I also play the bass. I shoud be allowed to :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Just learning to play @SmilingOgre… but this one thing, I feel the need to build it first…
Haven’t figured if I want to add frets, or go fret-less yet, you make a thread… once I have it built, will try to pop a vid up on it :smile: I have a cbg, a travel guitar, strum stick and a dulcimer… with a roland amp…
boy did we derail this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

I want pictures!!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

If you got that stuff free in exchange for a review, then no derail!!

6 Likes

I have a bass that I got for free! (from my father but let’s not talk about that)

9 Likes

@anon44944642 No, but does it help I bought the tools etc from my hard work? haha!! I did… now that my little secrete is out!

I was going to pick up a teacher, but no… I want to make some noise!! :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

You’re exposing the secrets behind #teamfreeshit, they’re gonna get you now!

8 Likes