The truth about #teamfreeshit

I’d get one and want to make a video that said:" I got this. I sucked on it. Fog came out. Thanks for watching!"

10 Likes

Think that is mine too… can I get a mech pod rebuildable that never needs charging?
would that not be a cool idea? but nopes… they always want and need us to be buying something.

6 Likes

I thought I saw some 18350 mech mods that were designed for MTL which is pod like. Never tried or looked into one though, too early in the day to remember, still need more coffee :wink:

5 Likes

This is a damn nice tube mech at an astounding price. I have two and they work very well.

6 Likes

I now own 4 of them. They used to be $20.

4 Likes

Wow. Yeah.
Early on, when I caught the vaping bug, the one where you buy everything you see and wonder what you’re missing and find stuff used or on clearance and watch YouTube reviews to see if the thing you are thinking about buying is good or to your liking, I thought to myself, hey! I should start doing reviews! I can do that!
Then I began watching reviews with that in mind, watching carefully how each of them did it, trying to pick up tips so that when I become a reviewer I will be the BEST reviewer ever! So I’m like, okay I’m going to need some calipers. Gotta measure everything to the millimeter. I need to find a cheap editing software program. I should probably go to goodwill and get some lights for filming. I’m gonna need a nice backdrop. What room am I going to do this in? How do they remember all the specs so they can rattle em off like that? Is he using a teleprompter cuz he’s talking awful fast. How does he get the tripod to point down? Why are there no shadows in his shots? I wonder who does his edits, they’re good. I should probably get my teeth fixed and a haircut before I start filming myself because no one likes an ugly reviewer. Once I do the review who’s going to watch it?
Then I said f**k it, I’m going to be a review watcher. Now where did I leave my beer?

11 Likes

That’s hilarious but true. I had all the equipment from doing videos for real estate and bands and such but it still takes a real full day to record, edit, and publish a review. On units where I did electrical testing I would spend between 10 and 12 hours. That makes a “free” mod damn expensive. You also have to figure that 50% at least of what you will receive are pretty much loosers. There were many I resented using long enough to field test, especially if it was an atty with blah flavor. Doesn’t take long to wonder why the hell am I doing this?

9 Likes

I love mine… I have a silver one Ogre!! :slight_smile:
My omega rda sits on top! 10.00 fasttech, many years ago

4 Likes

Well poop! I was trying to help you in your search for a mech.

6 Likes

Im just looking for a simple 2 battery box mod, small, light and durable…
but!! one of my oldest vape sisters sending me a box today… and…
I am sending her enough shots of mine to keep her busy for a month…
I wana know… what’s in the box!!! :rofl: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I love the look of these things:

But they are hard to build for. 8.4 Volts is a hell of a lot umph to work around. I have one series box and it is a beast.

6 Likes

it they made one for me and mine…
@woftam says I need parallel… and I just need to know which way the batteries go lmao…

and then a boat for the yard here to get to my car… uggg its wet out!!!

4 Likes

I love mine. Just got another one today. I make all my own coils so it’s been fun seeing what works well. My favorite build so far for series is N80 SFC: 3x29/40ga, 8 wraps, 3.5mm ID. Comes out to around .38 ohm. I’m using a Valhalla V2 Mini on one right now and it’s an awesome RdA. Just got another one of those too today :grin:.

I didn’t realize it but the Saga is basically half a HOG XL. I thought about chasing one down but the Saga is plenty for me. Batteries last a really long time and there’s no shortage of power. I haven’t been using mechs long but I started around the time I got good at making coils.

3 Likes

Good job figuring that one out. Takes a pretty beefy coil @ .38Ω to handle 168w. Bravo!

4 Likes

Cthulhu sent me their Tube 2 which can take those little batteries or single 18650. I’m supposed to review it but the cutoff is .2 ohm or something. It’s not my style at all but I gotta try figure out how to use it. It has a protections chip but can be a full mech with an add-on top piece I think… If you’d like to have it, I’ll send it to ya when I’m done.

6 Likes

I really appreciate the offer but I am good, not my style too.

6 Likes

@INOIROC I would be interested in that for my mtl builds, especially my 24mm KF Lite or Cthulhu 1928 RDA. If you don’t already have someone interested let me know what you want/need. Thx

6 Likes

Okay, you get dibs! I have to start trying it out. I’ve never reviewed something so not- my-style lol.

6 Likes

Eh, it’s just a tube mech with a mosfet for protection. No hurry, take your time. You could talk about how well the mosfet serves its purpose and if it hits well. I’ve never used a Cthulhu mod,only their attys but I use mech tubes.

4 Likes

Might not be your style but it will be a fun challenge for you to do the review. Good experience. Well my opinion at least. When I was working on the Mini Robot that Steam crave was doing, that was a huge challenge for me, as just like you, so not my style. It was hard to pick out what should be changed/corrected ( if anything ) I had fun with it though. IIRC the cutoff on that guy was like .35 lol. I would have to dig it out again to verify that and the final might have been made to go a bit lower. ( verified it did stay at a .35 )

6 Likes