To Squonk or Not to Squonk.... Question Answered

I’m with you, @Jenn_72! I loved the Pico Squeeze 2 with the original Coral 2 RDA… its even better now that I got my Profile. I’ll likely grab another mod, likely a non squonker that takes dual 18650s or 21700s just so I have a mod that goes for ages, but all in all, the Pico is about the best money I’ve ever spent vaping.

6 Likes

It really is. I think I’m having an issue with one right after I said something the other night. But then again it could be because I need to rebuild it. Coils are probably getting tired at this point or a error on me touching something. They are great little mods. Love them! Great battery life as well!

4 Likes

First, don’t make fun of my coils. I usually won’t share less than perfect coil images but hey, I’m happy with the vape so blah blah blah :wink:

When I first got the Topside Dual, one of the first things I did was to configure the Modfather RDA to squonk mode. I put it on and vanity struck like a viking warrior - hated the looks of it with the 30mm atty attached. But who am I kidding? I vape at home way more than anywhere else, so why do I care how it looks.

Lately I’ve been hitting this set up and dang, it’s lovely. What I love the most is getting the vape I like without the heat of the smaller RDAs. This is such a nice little setup.

13 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I’ve been debating on whether or not to get the Dual Topside. Now that I see a Modfather can fit on there with little to no overhang, I’m heading over to Eciggity to order one.

6 Likes

No pix of mine… but I really do think the simple ex (vandy vape) is good… it’s been out for a while…
I wish I had known aboutit earlier… but hey… I am going to try to pick up most of the colors now :stuck_out_tongue:
simple easy to build on, and I go thru 2 tanks a day… wee… :smile:

3 Likes

Been a year+ since last comment and wanted to bring this topic back up to get everyone’s opinions. Why do you squonk(sounds so bad :rofl: ) ? What are the latest and greatest currently still on the market that you have tried/still use and feel is a good choice buy?

3 Likes

I love squonking. It’s much more convenient compared to dripping and generally speaking, RDA’s give better flavor than most tanks do. I started with dual coil RDAs but have since preferred single coil toppers. My favorites are the Elder Dragon, Entheon, Skyfall and Pulse 2. Some other notables are the Hermetic, Le Supersonic, Oumier VLS. There’s bunch. Which are still available? Not sure. I suspect many of them are not currently.

5 Likes

Thanks. I have never squonked and never thought I would get into it but reading this post kinda made me want to try. Seeing @muth mention the pico 2 in good deals post and seeing @INOIROC post saying he bought all of them I had to buy one and try (waiting on delivery) so now I’m curious :crazy_face:

5 Likes

you’re going to love it.

3 Likes

They make things much more convenient. I couldn’t be bothered to drip e-juice all day or while driving. After a while it becomes second nature to press the bottle. I don’t even think about it most of the time… I got into squonking and RDAs at the start of 2019. I’ve accumulated a lot of products since then lol. The Squeeze 2 is still one of my favorites.

2 Likes

As the creator of this thread I am happy to see that it is still going. I will also say that I still stand behind my original assessment. Squonking is still not for me.

I changed my vaving style about a year ago and now vape mostly higher resistance single coils at 35-40 watts. I figured I would give squonking another shot but the results were the same.

Anyone that tells you RDA’s have better flavor than RTA’s has either not found the right RTA or they are not using the right build in their RTA. There are plenty of RTA’s out there that have flavor every bit as good as the best RDA’s. I have been vaping for almost 6 years and have tried at least 100 rebuildable atomizers. Yes, I have a problem.

So once again, I say that if you already enjoy dripping then squonking is a great choice. If you are like me and thoroughly enjoy RTA’s, you may not enjoy squonking.

4 Likes

what’s your rta of choice right now? I also use single coil rta (aromamizer lite v1.5).

2 Likes

My favorite RTA is the Taifun GT IV. The flavor is amazing and the airflow is smooth and quiet. I recently picked up an Augvape Druga RTA and it is really good. Not quite as good as the GT IV but still very good.

5 Likes

I agree sort of. I only vape MTL with low wattage and went though a squonk phase. Used the Ammit mtl RDA and the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA on a few different single battery squonk mods.

Like yourself, I found I got better flavour from my MTL RTA’s that with the RDA’s. Having a higher juice capacity was good for a while, at least until I found 7ml bubble glass for my RTA’s. I still currently run one squonk (Topside single and Galaxies RDTA) but only as a spare/backup.

So, for some the trade off will be worth it. Depending on vape style I would say to get a dual battery squonk though. Otherwise, the difference between convenience of extra juice and just using an RTA is not worth it every day for me.

4 Likes

I could say the same thing but only opposite lol. You might be correct for low wattage/tight airflow. Admittedly, that’s not my scene. But for regular DL vaping, RTAs can’t touch RDAs for flavor intensity IMO. To be fair, that only counts for the ones I’ve used (best vs best). I like to vape from 50-60W usually but higher as well.

I used to not care about RDAs or squonking. I thought I was getting great flavor with tanks. I didn’t truely know what great flavor was until I started getting some really good RDAs. A lot of RDAs are unimpressive though in my opinion. Just because it’s an RDA, doesn’t mean it’ll have better flavor than all RTAs.

It’s all about preference. What I prefer and what someone else prefers can be night and day. I’m not one of those people that like to argue or tell people they’re wrong. Please to take this post as me being confrontational. Just expressing my opinion. Like I said, I’m not in to low wattage or restrictive airflow. I like a bit of restriction but when it’s too much (for me), I can’t get into it.

I don’t strictly use squonk mods and RDAs. I like variety too much. Also, some juices just taste better in different atomizers and power levels. There is such a thing as getting too much flavor as well IMO.

7 Likes

Good infortmation above :point_up_2: When I started using rebuildable a I went straight to an rta because I wanted something I wouldn’t have to constantly be filling it up. But I’ve noticed after switching I tend to only fill it 1/4 full because I just hate having to suck out the juice when the cotton starts tasting nasty. I recently purchased a few RDA’s because I want to use them for taste testing rather than pouring a small amount into my all day tank, only to have to smoke it even if it’s nasty just to try another :crazy_face:.

The above is another reason why I don’t fill my tanks up because I have found by the time I get 3/4 through the taste changes, becomes dull. So I’m gonna give squonking a try, the one I purchased might not be a good fit but it’ll give me an idea without losing too much money, and if I like squonking then I’ll look into current options.

7 Likes

We all understand that flavor is purely subjective, so arguing that is as fruitless as raging at the sky. One thing that is more objective is ease of use. RDAs are easier to use and maintain than RTAs. I use both but if I had to choose one, this aspect would nudge me to the former.

5 Likes

I’ve been vaping for 6 years and only recently converted to squonk. I always had rta’s , some had amazing flavour and cloud production. A couple months ago I decided I was getting fed up with coil replacement every 3 or 4 days and was getting expensive. So I finally made the leap to a rebuildable. I drive trucks for a living so I wanted something that I didn’t have to drip, and had a large juice capacity . After reviewing the shit out of tons of products I decided to get the wotofo profile RDTA , the versatility of this thing is incredible. Mesh builds , single coil builds, dual coil builds. A dripper, rta and squonker all in one. As I said, I bought it for its juice capacity and ease of use while driving. I did however find that the steel wicking ropes didn’t juice my wick efficiently to the speed I sometimes like to vape. So I dripped on it and the flavour change was awesome. Knowing that dripping while driving is not safe practice I researched dual battery squonk mods and bought the dovpro tvc topside dual. WOW! That’s all I can say , it’s convenient, the batteries last most of the day, the squonk bottle holds 10ml of juice and I really can’t believe I haven’t tried this before. Gets a thumbs up from me. Sorry for my life story lol

9 Likes

8 Likes

So you removed the glass and use it as an RDA?

4 Likes