Recipe Etiquette. Dos ,Donts and more

Vgod made some request years ago and the community blew its lid lmao…Ill have to find it .If i remember correctly they threatened Lars with lawsuut or a cease and desist letter …Vgod got so many negative ratings on their site they had to shut it down lmao

9 Likes

Only if there is a legal US or foreign registered copyright can it be forced to take it down. ATF statement is a honor among thief’s type of protection. In other words useless.

9 Likes

That i didnt know. I just know its enforcable when it comes to stuff like cad design and coding

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes

6 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

And there was the whole HiC fiasco with ECF, and they’re still buthurt to this day. No links to/from ELR allowed

7 Likes

Truth! As I’d expect from a stranger, but not someone I know.

8 Likes

I know from first hand experience how this works. I had a large Eliquid Company (No longer in business). Who I was helping with their DIY Group on FB. It came to my attention they were using some of my recipes. To be specific their Head Mixer and Group Moderator, One recipe in particular they didn’t even change the name of. I contacted the Owners, they responded saying they had no intention of paying for the use of or acknowledging me as the Creator. I contacted an Attorney they told me there was very little I could do. Intellectual property where it concerns Recipes that are shared publicly are not protected by Copyright, Patent, Trademark or Trade Secret.
Very disheartening and frustrating. It was at this point I made 11 of my recipes private. Including the Recipe winner 2019 FlavourArt (FA) North America. Since then I no longer make public any of my recipes. Much like KFC protect your recipes as trade secret. And in the end if someone decides to reverse engineer that recipe there is nothing you can do.

12 Likes

Key word here is “sharing”…
but yeah, credit to creator should be given and at least comment and rate the OG mix

11 Likes

Mark that sucks…I did notice yiu dont drop recipes like you use to

10 Likes

That is a real shame @Mark_Turner.

And that makes it even worse, that YOU, were helping THEM. Sorry to hear that Mark.

9 Likes

Dman, The Lawyers are still hounding me over this one…

10 Likes

Take a screenshot and post that with it. That’ll put your mind at ease.

6 Likes

No real need to. I keep some originals on hand for usually a couple months after putting up a recipe and have never posted them. This way I don’t have to think about it if someone comes along who needs to see…I’ll just send it in a PM. :v:

8 Likes

This discussion is particularly interesting but at the same time somewhat strange. Let me explain: no one forces anyone else to publicly disclose their recipes, especially those of the layers, which we well know, will be the basis for secondary or tertiary use. In my humble opinion, whether it is right or not, and we know the injustice that drives the modern world, sharing means regardless of giving up potential profit, direct or indirect, of one’s intellectual works, the recipes are such, hoping for fair play and honesty of those who will come into possession of it or in the binary recognition, in terms of donations, of those who believe they are deserving. Unfortunately, a world populated by just and upright people remains an utopia that is unlikely to be realized.

10 Likes

100% correct. We choose to make recipes public, and therefore sharing with the interwebs. My only issue not having human decency. My mistake thinking that everyone will have decency.

14 Likes

I dont understand why people want to steal recipes. The whole joy and satifaction is coming up with a great recipe. It makes me proud when people enjoy something i made.

Even from a business whats the point of someone being in a business if they cant even make the product themselves.Go find something else you can do

10 Likes

It’s slimy but can’t judge the guy. We don’t know what’s going on in this person’s life. It may be he really needs money to support his home and family.

9 Likes

You know the only thing that I would have like to see? My name on the label. That’s it. You’re completely right, maybe he needs the money. I don’t even think the one shot was a lot of money actually. Just credit would have been decent.

13 Likes